• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Orca vs Spinosaurus

Orca most often hunts animals of not great durability, such as a seal. Going with Spinosaurus. it is also unlikely that killer whale skin can endure spinosaurus bites

The Spinosaurus drowns and freezes to death. What makes you (the op) think they could swim in the Alaskan sea (they hunted in lakes which are completely different)? Either the Ocra dies due to having to be in fresh water to fight the spino or the spino drowns in the ocean. This is a mismatch as neither can live in the others environment. (Wait this isn't the real life spino,

Edit: just read its respect thread, it still drowns)

(Also sorry if I came off as rude)

This is like putting a polar bear vs a desert scorpion.

I think this wholly depends on whether the orca had prep time or not. If not, it is possible that the Spinosaurus takes the cake here. The main reason why orcas were able to hunt down great whites was because they had the preparation to do so.

Keeweed is right about the environment making it a mismatch, though. Personally, I would've set the battle in a more neutral environment to allow both combatants to fight, like a salty lake for instance. Of course he did forget to account for the fact that orcas breathe air, not filter it out through water like fish. Unless there's something about salty water that makes whales and dolphins tick, which I doubt is the case because river dolphins are a thing, I don't exactly see an orca dying from the type of water because of the no-gills thing. I'm no biologist, so don't quote me on that.

(Dang now I feel like my mom when it comes to the air part, but I'm pretty sure the amount of salt in the water also matters, because when I took care of an fish tank I had to always make sure the salt levels were correct) An orca would still have a pretty hard time swimming in a river considering that they activity try not to, but a lukewarm salty lake would probably work as an environment for both as Flashlight237 pointed out. Assume they're in an environment that doesn't cripple one of them, I'll lean to the spinosaurus due to hunting things similar to Orcas (and more dangerous things since this isn't the real life spino and is a fictional one that killed much larger animals) and having arms allowing it to hold the Orca down.

Back