• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Orca vs Deinosuchus

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
This is probably a stomp but **** it, I'm bored.

Both of them are in an environment that benefits them both as much as possible without negatively effecting either of them.

Orca :

Deinosuchus :

Incon:

That's difficult just cause Orca benefits from deep water while Deinosuchus would probably do better in shallow water. Orca's smarter, faster, more mobile, and also has experience with fighting larger animals, even predators like Sperm Whales. The Deinosuchus likely oneshots if it gets a bite in. I see the Orca winning this more often than not if it is given access to a deeper water environment.

There are accounts of saltwater crocodiles preying on dolphins, which is the modern day equivalent of this.

At equal weights, crocodiles tend to dominate predatory sharks like the bull shark and tiger shark. And sharks defeat single dolphins when size is equal.

Dolphins need a pod or a big size advantage to defeat predators like sharks because they are at a major weaponry disadvantage.

At equal weights a crocodile will be much longer than a dolphin or a shark. (For example a 16 foot saltwater crocodile will be equal to a 13 foot great white or tiger in weight). Which helps because it will have a significant reach advantage. It's skull will dwarf either at equal weight as well as it's teeth.

There is a study showing that terrestrial animals tend to be stronger than aquatic animals of equal weight, which makes sense because they have to support their weight against gravity everyday whereas aquatic animals have buoyancy holding them.

Crocs being semi terrestrial helps them in the strength department. This is further helped by the fact that the vast majority of their weight comes from bone and muscle mass (their vital organs are tiny for their size). Whereas dolphins and sharks have very large vital organs (shark for example have livers alone that can be 1/3 of their total weight).

And while dolphins and sharks are definitely faster in a straight line, crocodiles with their flexible reptilian spines can turn in on themselves much easier than sharks or dolphins, which require much wider turns than crocs do.

(Seriously as agile as great whites are, seals often swim right behind them or even right next to their torso to AVOID their jaws because they realize they are safer from their jaws at these tight turn radiuses).

The shark even with it's tough skin gets dominated by crocs at equal weight. A dolphin with its soft, wet hotdog skin is going to get hurt very easily.

So yeah at equal weights I support any croc over any shark or dolphin. And with a weight advantage? Well then it becomes a clear predator prey scenario in the croc's favor.

There are accounts of saltwater crocodiles preying on dolphins, which is the modern day equivalent of this.

At equal weights, crocodiles tend to dominate predatory sharks like the bull shark and tiger shark. And sharks defeat single dolphins when size is equal.

Dolphins need a pod or a big size advantage to defeat predators like sharks because they are at a major weaponry disadvantage.

At equal weights a crocodile will be much longer than a dolphin or a shark. (For example a 16 foot saltwater crocodile will be equal to a 13 foot great white or tiger in weight). Which helps because it will have a significant reach advantage. It's skull will dwarf either at equal weight as well as it's teeth.

There is a study showing that terrestrial animals tend to be stronger than aquatic animals of equal weight, which makes sense because they have to support their weight against gravity everyday whereas aquatic animals have buoyancy holding them.

Crocs being semi terrestrial helps them in the strength department. This is further helped by the fact that the vast majority of their weight comes from bone and muscle mass (their vital organs are tiny for their size). Whereas dolphins and sharks have very large vital organs (shark for example have livers alone that can be 1/3 of their total weight).

And while dolphins and sharks are definitely faster in a straight line, crocodiles with their flexible reptilian spines can turn in on themselves much easier than sharks or dolphins, which require much wider turns than crocs do.

(Seriously as agile as great whites are, seals often swim right behind them or even right next to their torso to AVOID their jaws because they realize they are safer from their jaws at these tight turn radiuses).

The shark even with it's tough skin gets dominated by crocs at equal weight. A dolphin with its soft, wet hotdog skin is going to get hurt very easily.

So yeah at equal weights I support any croc over any shark or dolphin. And with a weight advantage? Well then it becomes a clear predator prey scenario in the croc's favor.
I don't agree with orcas easily killed with average weight, you are underestimate them.

Killer Whales still prey on great white sharks and they can break the skin of blue whale, orcas are still strong and a weight advantage of 3 ton is an advantage, but not enough to consider this a stomp, since orca bite is dangerous too.

I still favour the deinosuchus due to weaponry, but at parity this is 6/10 and 7/10 or 8/10 with average weight.

An orca would kill a sarcosuchus or spinosaurus through.

Last edited:
With SBA, the Orca has echolocation, speed, intelligence, & stamina advantage. The ded croc has the bite, teeth, & Size advantage.

Orcas often try to disable their prey while the Croc's more of a stealth predator usually. Is the croc able to deal with a highly skilled balloon Oreo? Killer whale chomps down on Aquaman | Killer Whales I | Killer whales ...
Size difference is too much for the deino
Picsart_22-11-05_02-04-11-164.jpg

Sarcosuchus works better IMO

SBA assumes Oreo & Croc are the strongest versions. Look into the SBA link. Though any rational Orca fan would likely flex on the Orca’s power & say that it outskills & disables the Croc swiftly.

Orca FRA.
Nah, biggest orca was like 9-10 ton and the biggest deino was 14 ton.

The croc can literally destroy the orca with a single bite, like, they bite up to 18000 Newtons, so I doubt it.

The counter is that the croc's reflexes are better and it's more flexible than the torpedo shaped orca.

Again we already have real life examples saying Saltwater Crocodiles have preyed on dolphins.
How does the croc kill the Dolphins? By stealth?

The debate really changes if it's shown or said to take Dolphins at it's size without the element of surprise since most of their prey is taken that way. So where is the examples besides them being able to eat....anything?

I don't agree with orcas easily killed with average weight, you are underestimate them.

Killer Whales still prey on great white sharks and they can break the skin of blue whale, orcas are still strong and a weight advantage of 3 ton is an advantage, but not enough to consider this a stomp, since orca bite is dangerous too.

I still favour the deinosuchus due to weaponry, but at parity this is 6/10 and 7/10 or 8/10 with average weight.

An orca would kill a sarcosuchus or spinosaurus through.

The croc can literally destroy the orca with a single bite, like, they bite up to 18000 Newtons, so I doubt it.
Would equalizing weight or giving the Deino a 10% extra weight advantage make this fight fair? The OP seems active still, so I could contact them to do notable changes if these requests seem fair.

Would equalizing weight or giving the Deino a 10% extra weight advantage make this fight fair? The OP seems active still, so I could contact them to do notable changes if these requests seem fair.
on average the Deino is at same size as the orca.. just change it to a sarcosuchus which jaws are a bit weaker than the one of deino.

I have no doubt that Deinosuchus could kill an Orca with a single bite, probably none here. However, it has been observed that Orcas are fast sea creatures, and they combine their speed with their intelligence and do some seriously good work. Although it has this speed, a Deinosuchusa tail kick will not be enough. Definitely not a stomp match but I'm voting for Deinosuchus

Size difference is too much for the deino
Picsart_22-11-05_02-04-11-164.jpg

Sarcosuchus works better IMO

Uhhh... it's like putting a 54 kg atlhetic woman against a 91 kg atlhetic dude in the same combat sport. Or putting a 50 kg teenager against a 70 kg woman. The heavier weighted animal with longer length is going to have more strength & durability via more potential for muscle, better adaptations to support itself & surface area.

Don't believe me? Look at a guy waaaaaaaaayyyyy bigger than you & ask yourself if you really want to fight the guy? I may have little street experience, but I definitely know the answer to this question.

Also, the croc is comparable to the saltwater croc, which has superhuman combat speed. I presume the OP thought they didn't need to equalize speed.

The Orca will try to disable the croc, but the croc has more piercing protection via it's scales across it's torso & has superhuman reaction speed. They can also survive getting their legs ripped off, so the advantage is too big for the croc due to it's size, weight, durability & stamina.

Also, crocodiles do kill dolphins btw, & this orca is technically one.

Back