• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Optional Equipment in SBA

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hey there. So... I have a question. Should one account for optional equipment in SBA, or is it standard equipment only? Primarily asking because nobody really brought it up before.

SBA means "Standard equipment only" that rule was established awhile ago as for optional equipment, that's down to the creator of the VS thread however it's usually a case by case situation e.g: allowing optional equipment so character A has a win-con over character B IF a SBA match would've otherwise been a stomp for character B.

You can allow it if you want but if you don't specify it will default to not being allowed and there's no compulsion to include it. You can say "no optional equipment" and have a match get added.

The Axiom of Virgo said:
SBA means "Standard equipment only" that rule was established awhile ago as for optional equipment, that's down to the creator of the VS thread however it's usually a case by case situation e.g: allowing optional equipment so character A has a win-con over character B IF a SBA match would've otherwise been a stomp for character B.
Ah, I see. Yeah, I literally had someone go right into a VS thread I made assuming a character had optional equipment right away. It was an Olimar thread, and I never stated whether optional equipment or not (I prefer that people look at all the possible outcomes first since that's what the Vs Battles Wiki is about).

Back