• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tatsumaki would scale above this to baseline Sub-Relativistic(which is only 1.2x away from the value of the calc)
I'm not in favor of this really. Just give her an "At least" rating. She doesn't show the speed dominance for upscaling in my view.

For the 7-A scaling it shouldn't be "Likely" in my view, since that implies the evidence is concrete, when it isn't. It should just be possibly and we shouldn't attempt to upscale anyone to a new tier as a preemptive measure.

Rest is fine imo. Though for Blizzard we should only give her a "At most" rating, since she blocked one random energy blast and was critically injured from it. With the redraw of the fight removing every other redirection or blocking she did to make it more consistent with the original webcomic chapter. Though in general I'm iffy with upscaling Rover's AP really, since his energy blasts don't seem incredibly strong.

That’s fine.

I put them at ‘likely’ because you said it would be ‘likely’ in the discussion thread (and the Rel stuff is already a ‘possibly’). And why would upscaling not be allowed just because it’s a ‘possibly’ rating? If they’re stronger, and it’s that minuscule of a difference, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be fine.

And why would upscaling not be allowed just because it’s a ‘possibly’ rating?
Because its just that, a possibly rating. We'd only know if they're comparable to Goketsu, not if they're superior enough to warrant being that much stronger. Scaling them to him in the first place is based on an assumption as well, rather than direct in-universe evidence.

Or to put it in other words, scaling up someone like Orochi would be fine. But not someone like Psykos or Rover.

Genos’ statement implies EC > Gouketsu, not that they’re comparable. And it’s only a 1.4x difference from Gouketsu’s calc to baseline High 7-A, that is not a massive difference. And considering how the scaling chain here is quite big (Gouketsu < EC < 2nd Form Gyoro Gyoro <<< Psykos =< Psykojet), it doesn’t make much sense to me that they’d all be less than 1.4x stronger, especially considering the difference between Gyoro Gyoro and Psykos.

I won’t particularly push for this if most people disagree, it just doesn’t make much sense to me.

And considering how the scaling chain here is quite big (Gouketsu < EC < 2nd Form Gyoro Gyoro <<< Psykos =< Psykojet), it doesn’t make much sense to me that they’d all be less than 1.4x stronger, especially considering the difference between Gyoro Gyoro and Psykos.
Genos was using a heavily evolved EC as a basis when he made his statement, which isn't definitive in the first place. The EC Psykos knew about was the one before its carapace was damaged and it grew to be much larger.
Did Genos ever know Gouketsu's full extent?
Genos was one shot by Goketsu and that was enough for him to believe Saitama needed the bulk of the S-Class to defeat him.

He fought him, and has referenced his power on more than one occasion, so...

He fought him, and has referenced his power on more than one occasion, so...
Genos also thought that Saitama needed Bang, Torndo, and Atomic Samurai in order to defeat Goketsu. Like he obviously felt he was extremely powerful, more so than Elder Centipede in my view.

Okay, I changed all the High 7-As (except Orochi) to 7-A+.

Okay, could you unlock Tatsumaki’s page so I can apply everything? (I changed her speed to ‘At least Massively Hypersonic+‘ like you suggested btw)

I did not support the "likely High 7-A", but I do support "possibly 7-A+" for most characters here.

Just remember to upgrade Gouketsu so that all these "possibly 7-A+" ratings make sense.

I'd prefer it if we could get an end approved for Psykos's beam split as well be, it's been a week and if the deflagration end were accepted, it would be noncontroversial to simply upscale these characters to 7-A+.

Reposting this calc here again in case a calc member can take a gander: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...flects_many_Psykorochi_beams_at_the_same_time

I know I am a bit late, but I've been following this thread and I'd like to consider some more options (Read it please I think it's worth it):

I think we need to do two keys for Elder Centipede: a base EC and a post-molting EC. The reason? You can not prove EC's first form is as durable or as strong as his second form. We know Junior Centipede and Senior Centipede are the same species as Elder Centipede, so their carapace should be made from the same material. They are smaller, and also less durable (Senior Centipede was one shoted by Metal Bat and a more amped MB couldn't even damage EC's weak spot, his face). There is no evidence that supports EC was as durable nor as strong in both forms, and here is some more reasoning:

Bang and Bomb were able to damage EC's carapace with a single strike (and later they proceeded to do their combo attack and destroy him). Darkshine can be agreed to be comparable to a stronger combo (CFDSF) only with a Superalloy Missile. If you don't believe this is true, Darkshine is physically much stronger than Bang/Bomb and on top of that he has Double Superalloy Bazooka. This gets me to the point that Darkshine could have matched the destruction of EC on his own. Darkshine is also stated to need 15 minutes of "full power" against Carnage Mode Carnage Kabuto, so they should be around the same level. CK was, according to Genos, nowhere near Gouketsu's level.

This makes Gouketsu way above Elder Centipede (at least in his first form). Elder Centipede only scales to Gouketsu after molting (getting bigger, and possibly much stronger and more durable) because of the statement made by Genos. So why did Gyoro Gyoro say only 4 S class heroes can beat EC when she only knew about his first form? That's because she was also taking into account EC's ability to regenerate and get stronger when he is destroyed, and she believes those are the only heroes with enough power to overwhelm that ability. Even if you don't want to accept this, as it may sound like headcanon, feats and scaling are greater than statements, so it is still valid.

For that same reason, I don't think Rover should scale to Gouketsu or EC. He should just scale to first form EC, via tanking and amped CFDSF while weakened. He could be much higher, but it is unknown. He could have scaled via Millenium Emperor Nova, but that isn't canon anymore.

Doing a summary, we would have: EC (first form)<Bang and Bomb (RASRF)<Bang and Bomb (CFDSF)=Darkshine=Carnage Kabuto< Gouketsu< EC (post-molting).

Also: EC (first form)< Gyoro Gyoro (2nd form)< Psykos<= Drive Knight=Psykojet.

PPP was able to damage Psykojet because she was already damaged by Beeline Atomic Slash and because it was a barrage of attacks, unlike Darkshine (who arguably did more damage with just a kick).
I think this makes much more sense.

Why not add atomic damage to Samurai? After all, recently in the databook it was stated that he can cut atoms. And several times. Not knowing if it's AP or ignoring durability, but it's still cool
Databook is written from the perspective of the Hero Association, and some things are embellished. If Atomic Samurai could cut apart someone's atoms, then he wouldn't have had trouble with Black Sperm.

He cuts atoms. But he doesn't cut every atom of the body. I didn't mean that his Atomic Slash cuts every atom of the enemy (then he would be MFTL+, heh). Sperm does not refute this. And the association knows the capabilities of the samurai for sure.

But yeah the entries for the heroes seem hyperbolic since they're from the view of hero association execs.
I think the ones for the monsters would be fine to use though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back