• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(OPM Theory) Saitama IS Blast.

Saitama will at some point be sent back in time through some method be it voluntarily or by a monster or whatever, don a wig and different outfit

Seriously it'd be hilarious if the NUMBER ONE hero of the Hero Association, the guy EVERYONE revers as an absolute legend and easily the strongest hero of them all....is the same dude they think is mostly just some dude.

This could be interesting.

I mean, it's unlikely, but in a world of Superheros like this, it can happen.

What if... it was Saitama from before he lost his hair.

He does what he wants after all, even to the point of muting all info about him.

H8 to be L8 to the party, but Saitama is likely, not due to timeline issues.

(Just to mention, I never read the webcomic, I got this from the opm wiki)

It's stated that 18 years ago, a young Tatsumaki met Blast. 18 years ago.

Assuming that Saitama was 25 at the time of the flashback, he would have been around 7.

We haven't seen Blast's face, but I highly doubt that he's a freaking 7-year-old.

However, it's not impossible. OPM is pretty weird already, so time travel isn't completely out of the picture.

Maybe later in the manga, he'll fight a guy with that power. Like, I dunno, maybe God, who sounds like an internet nerd in 2006 will be like

"i dont lik u d00d, imma send you too teh past bcuz Sameri Jacc."

And then Saitama gets launched headfirst through time and space while wearing a wig.

Or maybe he's Blast's long lost son or something.

This is a parody so really, anything could happen.

It would be pretty cool, but I doubt it for the time being.

I am aware, which is why I expiclty said this theory is based on him somehow traveling through time.

Saitama being Blast would have to incorporate two of the biggest cliches in storytelling, time travel shenanigans and lost memory. So I'd rather they just be two different people.

Also one of the main appeals of Saitama is how he struggles to get popularity and recognition despite his overwhelming strength. It being revealed that he's secretly the highest ranked most respected hero would ruin that.

Ryukama said:
Saitama being Blast would have to incorporate two of the biggest cliches in storytelling, time travel shenanigans and lost memory. So I'd rather they just be two different people.
Also one of the main appeals of Saitama is how he struggles to get popularity and recognition despite his overwhelming strength. It being revealed that he's secretly the highest ranked most respected hero would ruin that.
uhh lost memory?

Saitama clearly doesn't know or think he's Blast. And he has no previous memories of Tatsumaki or Elder Centipede. Unless you're saying that Saitama for some reason travels into the past numerous years from now. Which then why didn't he oneshot Elder Centipede then if he knew he'd become a major threat in the future?

Saitama cant remember Speed of Sound Sonic's name, and Elder Centipede wouldnt be anythig worth remembering likely, its 7-A afterall to him, it would just be some big bug monster while he is in the past.

I would imagine Saitama has yet to travel to the past from his perspective.

I do think it is just as if not more likely Blast is another person who is perhaps a foil to Saitama, someone who is near, equal or maybe even beyond Saitama but truly still thinks of heroism as a hobbby,.

I think Blast is meant to be someone with many thematic similarities as Saitama.

Back