• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM AP Revision discussion Part 2

> Also, the Rhino he fought was Demon level, so he might have one showing.

That isn't S-Class level. To be S-Class you have to be able to fight and defeat a Demon level threat without backup. None of the pupils have showcased that power as of now.

For all we know Iaian could've taken him on and got a really high score from Rhino. Atomic Samurai just didn't want to waste time. Iaian kept up with Rhino. Sure we can't be sure how serious they were both considering Rhino was going all out in anger at wanting to fight, and how Iaian wanted to cut off the horn, there's a possibility he could beat him himself.

Key word possibly.

Further aided by A-Class top 10

Iaian canonically doesn't seem the type of person to hold back against a monster, especially a dangerous one. Not to mention he was looking extremely frustrated when Atomic Samurai stopped the fight and not like someone who was going casual.

Could he have beaten him? We don't know. To scale him to Low Town level based on a guess is too extreme imo. 8-A scaling at least is backed up by Hammerhead only having a B-class bounty.

I didn't say he was holding back now did I? Frustrated at being stopped, not because of the fight itself. He was asking to continue and Atomic Samurai never said he wasn't going to be able to cut it down.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-X4WEdbiv...Lu7QO4Kvl7Lv6nk5-nMIRJa6DbmgCHMYCw/s0/114.jpg

A solid chance. Iaian managed to hold off his own against Mel even for a little bit. And Hammerhead is far too low and shows how big the gap is between them anyway.

But that's all I'll say.

Iaian is still no match for the weakest S class hero because he was shocked whan he saw him fighting against Melzargald

AS points out Iaian was specifically trying o cut through the horn, the hardest part of Rhino Wrestler. He wasn't holding back, but was intentionally making the battle harder than needed. He was more shocked at the S classes' unwillingness to back down, and their ability to fight Melzalgald as a whole, which PPP seemed to play the smallest role in. He was also in general overestimating Melzalgald's strength after losing his arm, and Melzalgald's regen.

IMO Iaian is like pseudo-S Class. He can put up a very good fight against a Demon solo but can't defeat one. He's almost at the level of S-Class but not quite.

Yeah. Give him some more time to get stronger or proper backup and he can take down a demon level threat.

Way I see it the tier goes from weaker to stronger

Top of A Class (Except Sweet Mask) < Low S Class like early Prisoner < Med S Class (continue on)

Meanwhile Low Demon can possibly overlap with Top of A Class

Andytrenom said:
@Byasura I don't think the panel height is supposed to include the white spacing between panels.
Fixed. But the distance is now kind of low. I think I did something wrong.

Edit: It's because I forgot to account for the image being smaller.

Could Garou's feat against Death Gatling be good now? Since he was injured enough that glasses could keep up with him, most of A class should scale to it.

So can the changes in the v3 version be applied now?

Oh, with the addition of Low 7-C or 7-C Child Emperor. Bofoy and Sprout would need calcs to get a tier rating.

We're no longer using Genos's House of Evolution feat since it was deemed an outlier

Its a feat preformed by Genos in the early stages of OPM that has never been replicated again and is unreasonably higher than almost every other feat in the series. Genos never replicated such power again, none of the S-Class has feats supports such a rating besides Tornado who is High 6-C, none of the Demons have feats supporting such a rating, and the one Dragon who has a feat of similar scale is still lower than the result Genos got.

Genos was statsed by One to be one of the most powerful S class in the series. And didnt Marugori destroy a city casually?

Genos being strong doesn't matter when he consistently fails to achive any feat close to his BoS feat. Adding to that canonically stronger people have failed to even approach his strength and stronger people have been shocked by lesser displays of power.

> And didnt Marugori destroy a city casually?

The hole punch is worse tham Genos's feat, the air preassure wave hasn't been calced for the manga yet, and more importantly he's a Dragon level threat no one scales to but Saitama.

> Choze has town level balls, which vaccines man, and homeless emperor could spam, and are likely stronger.

So two canonically stronger people are two full tiers weaker than a BoS Genos. That only supports the outlier claim

Genos hasnt tried to do any large scale city destroying feats. Marugori being a drangon doesnt mean Genos couldnt have performed such a feat.

He's gone all out before and has failed to even approach that level of strength again. And Genos has a terrible track record against Dragons and it wasn't until his most recent webcomic upgrade that he considered himself strong enough to take one down.

Please, I ask. Can you give any other 7-B feat in the series that would support Genos's rating. Because OPM non-god tiers are consistently [in the 8A to 7C range]

Tanktop Masters is stronger than a Post-Goketsu Genos according to Garou. So if he has a 7-C feat that once again supports this downgrade.

It seems to more depend on the story. In one story (against Carnage) he withstands his own blast reflected at him, and his durability is comparable to his strength, sometimes even less. It's possible that he even tanked it, but hard to say because of the damage before hand.

In another, Awakened Cockroach avoids his blast to survive, despite being physically comparable. And against Sea King, it only slightly damages him (also dehydrating him), with his punches doing a similar amount of damage.

@Quan Being where his explosive power comes doesn't mean they're more powerful than punches. It could just be range, variety of attack, etc.

Garou said Genos was "almost" as strong as TTM. And I checked his concrete toss was calced to be 8-C.

Also Garou has no hard feats. He is literally all Genos scaling right now.

@Qaw The 8-C calc was abandoned because the weight was wrong in that part. Also, we no longer use potential energy lifting calcs.

ByAsura said:
@Quan
Being where his explosive power comes doesn't mean they're more powerful than punches. It could just be range, variety of attack, etc.
His best feats are all with his incineraters, the=at's where all his powerful attack feats seem to be, and he tends to use his incineraters as his ultimate attack.

Back