• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OP vs OP: Tatsuya Shiba vs Reinhard van Astrea (REMASTERED)

Xmark12

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Mr. Silver

vs

Mr. Broke

Rules:

-Speed equalized.

-Both at full power.

-In-character, but both acknowledge each other as a threat.

-Win by whatever they would do in-character to win.

-Both have no knowledge or prep time, but know the other is a significant threat.

-The match takes place in a random, but abandoned, medieval city.

-Other than those, Standard Battle Assumptions apply.

(We can change the rules at any time to make the fight more fair)

Score:

Tatsuya Shiba: 0

Reinhard van Astrea: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Music:

Neutral Battle Theme

Tatsuya's Battle Theme

Reinhard's Battle Theme

Who will win? The Sword Saint or the Magician?

ShibaRender2
Jesus-ku

Reinhard
Mr.Broke

Just look at tatsuya's profile, demon right is reality warping that can erase anything, not to mention he can't die due to self restoration

Can't Reinhard's Matter manipulation do something about that?

Fabtastic Glasses said:
Tatsuya can die if hes killed if you destroy his brai
So he can be killed if you destroy his entire body ? Reinhard Matter manipulation should be able to do that

He can't, what happened when he fought puck was this

"Hearing it through, Reinhardt swings up his sword, and with one flash of swordcery—following the edge of the glinting sword out bursts an incredible wave of energy. It cleaves through the sky, drills through the air, shatters the ground, roils the ambient mana, rending everything which was in the blade's path in two—the light settles, and the sight before Subaru's consciousness slips.

Subaru: <—> That world, covered in its frigid chill—after the torrential sword-slash settles, it rebirths.

The slippage in the world is rectified, the once-roiled mana forms a ring as it recirculates through the world, the once-shattered earth blooms with flowers, the once-pierced air abounds with gaiety, and down from the once-cleaved sky there shines sunlight. Simultaneously bringing the end and rebirth of the world, the Sword Saint's strike. The colossal beast stricken with the attack remains as not even a trace, completely extinguished from the universe. Assuredly present until just a few seconds ago, the behemoth is gone, and no hint of the destruction it caused remains."

Probably didn't need all that, but the point is he needs time to swing his sword and let out the energy blast, while tatsuya's attack is instant, reinhard gets one shotted as i have been saying.

Doesn't matter. Onii-sama ignores durability, and Reinhard doesn't have a tier 7 tab.

According to wiki Tat can ignore conventional durability and the demon right can be considered reality warping, so this fight can be considered one-sided. I dont know anything bout the other guy cept for his profile, but if his durability is "conventional" as having no special power to support it like magics, and his speed is lower, then the AP difference cant help him, let alone the area for their fight is too small. You should atleast get Kratos in, it would be a more interesting fight ;))

Fabtastic Glasses said:
Tatsuya can die if hes killed if you destroy his brai
Apart from destroying the brain, which seems to be the example most people bring up on how to kill Tatsuya, it seems that you can also kill him by depleting his Psions, as mentioned here (https://anime.stackexchange.com/que...estruction-what-would-it-take-to-kill-tatsuya). Essentially, since his regrowth (what allows him to "revive") consumes Psions, constantly killing him over and over again until he runs out of Psions to use regrowth should kill him for good. The issue is of course, how to do so given his high Psion count. But as that website mentioned, dropping him into the sun should do the trick.

Alternatively, as the site mentions, if you have some sort of psychic ability, you can attack Tatsuya directly by changing the physiology of his MCA and blocking it from using regrowth, thus preventing him from reviving if he is killed.

Seems like a totally valid way to kill Tatsuya though, but I don't see anyone really mentioning it or the Psion depletion method. All people usually bring up as a way to kill Tatsuya is destroy his brain (or a part of it). Though if a character is capable of using psychic powers to disable Tatsuya's MCA and block his regrowth, a more straightforward way to beat him might as well be to alter his MCA so he flat-out can't use any magic at all.

No one's bringing up brain alteration because it requires intimate knowledge of not only Tatsuya's inner workings but of the verse as well, for Mahouka's magic is very much summarized by MCU Thor's line about science and magic being the same.

Destroying someone's head is a no-brainer (heh) way to win a battle. It's just that it's never a go-to move because hitting someone in the body is much, much easier than hitting a smaller target.

Psion depletion isn't gonna matter as much to a battle, because unless a fight is going to be extremely drawn out (Tatsuya fought in a large-scale terrorist attack, powered his flight magic to get around faster AND healed allies at the same time before unleashing his nuke, and still not look winded), only then would he feel its effects, and that's not even taking into account the nature of his haxx that all but rules out battles of attrition. Same with most any heroes with large fuel tank (Naruto, Rudeus, etc.).

Although I would suppose that if it's a high level psychic such as Phoenix, well, Tatsuya's mind would probably be the first thing she would go for. Thing is, if you are a psychic, you'd be aiming to attack the opponent mentally, and brain alteration falls under that purview, I daresay. Presumably, I think the only real reason no one bring up this option is not because you need "intimate knowledge of the Mahouka verse", but simply because the opponent facing Tatsuya in that particular given battle isn't a psychic.

Well, I'd figure that if you're capable of killing Tatsuya by Psion depletion, you'd probably stomp him in a battle to begin with anyway, and won't need to resort to a method like this to kill him. I don't think attrition is a necessary factor to take advantage of this method, since one could teleport him into the sun or a volcano and let it do the work. In theory, anyone who can BFR him by teleporting him elsewhere can theoretically beat him with this method.

Psychics don't physically alter minds, to my knowledge. He was operated on to be what he is today.

Psion depletion is the same for any other character, in that you tire them out or absorb their energy (e.g. Thor's energy absorption depleting Kang's powers, Naruto being drained after fighting through an entire war, etc.), it's nothing special.

Teleporting Tatsuya into the sun is BFR, not win via psion depletion, and is a standard method of winning. Nothing special there either.

Re; volcano, Tatsuya can fly so unless his head is dipped in lava, it's not working as well as one would hope, and if one can teleport Tatsuya elsewhere, then it's BFR anyway so why bother teleporting him to a volcano to fight him there?

No, but psychics do mentally alter minds, which I presume is what the site I linked to (https://anime.stackexchange.com/que...estruction-what-would-it-take-to-kill-tatsuya) was getting at, though I suppose it is disputed whether a physical operation and/or a psychic attack alone is necessary to modify Tatsuya's SBA. The site theorized that something like Cocytus could prevent mental restoration and therefore regrowth from working. Presumably, someone like Phoenix (or even a few high level psychics) can do the same thing.

I never said it was special, albeit the trick was maintining a "persistently lethal environment" long enough to burn out all of Tatsuya's Psions. I daresay there might be some distinction between "attrition" (shooting him over and over again until he dies) and other methods of depleting his psions (such as BFR or "persistenly lethal environment).

Volcano was just a byword metaphor. You could telefrag him into the earth's crust/mantle for what it's worth (every time he tried to revive, he'll just die again by virtue of a whole bunch of solid rock/magma already occupying the same space). Well, under SBA, unless Tatsuya can get back to the battlefield within a given time window (a month as of this writing) after being teleported into a "persistently lethal environement", he's going to die of psion depletion, so I'd argue that's how the opponent would win. Being teleported into a "persistently lethal environement" or the opponent creating one, is probably going to kill Tatsuya in less than a month so it's less a BFR victory and more a victory by death.

My interpretation is of course, that you need to remove the opponent from the battlefield and keep him away from it for a month to claim a BFR victory. If he dies before a month is up, then you claim a victory by death. To wit, you can teleport Thanos into the sun, but that's not gonna kill him, and he'll probably be back in less than a month, so you can;t beat Thanos that way.

Back