• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Modernmyrmidon said:
Doesn't Link have time manipulation with the Ocarina?
Yeah,but Gallade would likely not allow Link the chance to stand still to play a song,but Link should take this with barriers,TP and being stronger than Gallade

Gallade has moves that can bypass barriers + can null both barriers and teleportation due to having both of those abilities himself. He also has amps and stats reductions to close the AP gap

Neon Battle Bind said:
Modernmyrmidon said:
Yeah,but Gallade would likely not allow Link the chance to stand still to play a song,but Link should take this with barriers,TP and being stronger than Gallade
What's TP?

Modernmyrmidon said:
With a song, he can make time progress 12 hours.

That's not combat applicable, and of the timehax that would be useful in a fight - like slowing time down - Link doesn't learn until Majora's Mask.

With what Gyro said, Gallade's stat amps and stat reductions should be able to equalize the AP difference.

And correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Gallade a far more skilled warrior?

If so, then I'd might give him the fight, but who knows, Link has survived worse odds and made it out alive.

I'm kind of neutral on the fight though.

Not that this is a game changer or anything, but some stat reduction moves I don't think would work on Link. For example, moves like growl, leer, and scary face I don't think would affect Link because of his Tri-Force of courage.

Modernmyrmidon said:
Not that this is a game changer or anything, but some stat reduction moves I don't think would work on Link. For example, moves like growl, leer, and scary face I don't think would affect Link because of his Tri-Force of courage.
Link obtains the Tri-Force of Courage after he pulls out the Master Sword.

Hmm... Gallade has stat boosting moves, but do those have cooldown? I mean, you do lose a turn when using them in the games, but what does the wiki consider regarding that?

With both at base how big is the difference in power and durability?

Is Child Link limited to the stuff he can get before pulling the Master Sword or he gets his items from the late game aside the MS and Triforce of Courage themselves?

TartaChocholate said:
Hmm... Gallade has stat boosting moves, but do those have cooldown? I mean, you do lose a turn when using them in the games, but what does the wiki consider regarding that?
With both at base how big is the difference in power and durability?

Is Child Link limited to the stuff he can get before pulling the Master Sword or he gets his items from the late game aside the MS and Triforce of Courage themselves?
1 No, they can be spammed

2: As how the anime portrays them, they simply leave the user somewhat vulnerable each time it´s used, which is why they are normally not used that much unless there´s a free moment for it or stuff like that.

3: Likely just x2-x4 at most judging by how Link is High 7-A+, while M-Gallade is almost baseline High 7-A and what the Attack Potency gap from lowest to highest is.

As for the last one, IDK

If there is a moment of vulnerability Link is likely to notice them and take advantage of them. The best scenario I can think of is Link stunning Gallade with a Deku Nut and striking before Gallade can accumulate boosts.

At least in game Pokemon can increase their base stats x6 with moves, Gallade can quickly max out attack with Swords Dance and Agility, respectively, but his low defense will take longer with only Bulk Up being available. However, Link is completely outhaxed otherwise...

...which is a very strange sentence to say out loud... But, I mean, Gallade have several cripling moves such as Will o Wisp, Thunder Wave, Swagger and Hypnosis which Young Link isn't protected against yet, especially if we consider Link only has his pre Master Sword items.

I'd like to think Naryu's Love is a triumph card, but Gallade's Brick Break explicitely shatters barriers. It really comes to how quickly Link could finish Gallade, otherwise he'll be be left defenseless and eventually overtaken.

Ah, I didn't know that. That's for clearing that up.

I'll take a look at Gallade's moveset a and reevaluate.

Edit: Do breeding and pre-evolution moves count?

The Pokemon Profiles don't use TM/HM or Tutor Moves as their Moveset here. Wich means that only Will-O-Wisp, Hypnosis and Swords Dance are usable out of the moves you listed

To be fair, if Gallade is limited to his Level Up moves then this is much more fair than it seems at first glance with Link having a not so minor AP and Durability advantage.

EDIT: Speed is not equalized. Hadn't noticed that. How do they measure up in that regard? Both are Relativistic.

Egg moves, pre-evolution moves and the moves that can belearned by means no related to TMs/HMs or Tutor moves (like showcases in the anime or Pokémon GO moves and past evolution moves)

Hmm, too a look at the blogs both are 0.24c, speed might as well be equalized.

So from what I understood, Link is around 3x stronger than base Gallade.

Well, if I had to take a guess: Gallade's entry in HeartGold states: "Because it can sense what its foe is thinking, its attacks burst out first, fast and fierce" this may actually backfire and lead Gallade, who is primarily a physical fighter with very low Special Attack, to strike Link at close range and be caught off guard when Link not only reacts properly to his attack by being as quick as Gallade is, but also noticeably stronger and having his trademark sharp senses. It's unlikely that without prep time, Link has an elaborate plan already that Gallade can read to react properly nor know the differences in strength between the two of them, not to mention Link is a notable quick thinker to come up with ploys on the fly when fighting to turn tides in his favor, something that 's not so easy to keep up during the action of a battle.

Setting up boosts is risky when considering it leaves the user open for a moment, at which Link can deal critical damage given Gallade, despite his tier, has pretty lousy physical defenses and Link, by not having magical equipment yet won't go for abilities that Gallade could endure much better. If Gallade loses the pace of the fight, it becomes even less viable to try to setup boosts.

Gallade may try to teleport, but teleporting is still subject to reaction speed and Link does have incredibly sharp senses that complement his reactions, so after an initial surprise I don't think the move would lead to Link being unable to track down Gallade. If Gallade tries to make distance, Link will likely go for a Deku Nut and leave Gallade open.

Now Gallade does have good options, Confuse Ray can leave Link swinging around which if Gallade is lucky enough, and can use it to setup. Protect is a viable defense, but the move has a strict timing and risky to use in succession. Growl and Charm may weaken Link, but they won't stop Link's attack exactly, so Gallade may still get hit with a powerful slash. Hypnosis could turn the fight, but it also has some lousy accuracy and may be hard to pull if Link manages to push back Gallade. Icy Wind is a good choice as well, being able to slowly chip away Link's speed, but this is something Link could block with the Kokiri or Hylian Shield.

May be taking too many assumptions, but trying to piece an scenario here >_>

What about Psycho Cut? It´s a physical and ranged attack that Gallade often leads with.

Link can easily block or deflect it and go for an uninterrupted offense, even if the Psycho Cut results in a critical hit, it would be x1.5, not enough to really inconvenience Link by itself.

Unless Gallade attempts to actively run away right from the start, Link will most liklely set the pace of the fight. But, if Pokedex entries are to go by, Gallade is heavily inclined to fight honorably and head on with brilliant swordsmanship, and even if he does read Link's though neither him or Link himself are aware of who of the two is stronger and by how. If Gallade tries to block Link's swings he'll have his guard blown off and even be knocked off balance.

BTW Base Stats are considered game mechanics. Gallade is considered a strong mon in both spectral, but is a little better in Physical attacks, and his defenses are on par with other mega evolutions, or >1062 Megatons

Not exactly, they are more taken like a rough approximation at best, so they should be just taken with a grain of salt.

Ah, my bad. Thanks for letting me know.

Realized now that I missed one thing. Link deflecting easily a Psycho Cut may make Gallade be wary of Link and realize the kiddo is a lot stronger than he seemed at first, so it's not so certain they'll get into an exchange.

Back