• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man speed revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
We currently have some characters who call themselves lightspeed, but we have no proof. However, during Suiryu and Chosen's struggle, a swift exchange of blows was seen so fast that it was able to produce Light.

[[1]]

[[2]]

[[3]]

It is important to note that it really is light, since shadows can be seen in image 2.
And it is also important to say that Suiryu can not produce energy (like Dbz Fighter for example), the only one that could be Chosen (his rival in the fight) but after having his horn broken was unable to do that.

there is a real-logic equivalent to the phenomenon of, say, punching someone so hard/fast the impact would produce a flash of light, however, one would need to be moving at relativistic speeds for that happen, and that's only one effect out of SEVERAL of actually moving at relativistic speeds, as it would basically be a nuclear reaction, generation of insane amounts of heat, light, a resulting wad of wind pressure at the perimeter, etc. and much more

I think it was only for effect. To make it look cooler. But then again, neither character should be capable of doing such a thing, so its strange that there's just randomly light appearing out of nowhere. But like i said, it was probably just done as a way to make the fight look more badass

Beyond21 said:
I think it was only for effect. To make it look cooler. But then again, neither character should be capable of doing such a thing, so its strange that there's just randomly light appearing out of nowhere. But like i said, it was probably just done as a way to make the fight look more badass
I thinking in that too, but its important to remember too, that others characters are called "lightspeed" too, like Flashy, and that: [[1]]

And other characterare called to have attacks based in light like Homeless emperor:

Muuuuh said:
I thinking in that too, but its important to remember too, that others characters are called "lightspeed" too, like Flashy, and that: [[1]]
We currently have some characters who call themselves lightspeed, but we have no proof.
~ You at the start of the OP​

I'm not saying they aren't lightspeed but we shouldn't go to much into the name fallacy, just because their name is light or Flash doesn't mean they are light speed nor if their attacks are named "Light speed Strike" doesn't mean their lightspeed either.

I'm sure we all know "Big Bang Attack"

LordGriffin1000 said:
I'm not saying they aren't lightspeed but we shouldn't go to much into the name fallacy, just because their name is light or Flash doesn't mean they are light speed nor if their attacks are named "Light speed Strike" doesn't mean their lightspeed either.

I'm sure we all know "Big Bang Attack"
Its just mora an information. Isolated the name of the attack does not mean anything, but in conjunction with the other evidences of the post maybe we have something

And "speed of sound sonic". Sonic is several thousand times faster than sound at the least, but nobody calls him "massively faster than the speed of sound sonic". So no, names arent very relevant here.

We currently have some characters who call themselves lightspeed, but we have no proof.
~ You at the start of the OP​
Lol man, youre funny

Suiryu did manage to catch choze's racism beam, which is the same type of beam that homeless emperor uses, which are pure balls of light

Beyond21 said:
Suiryu did manage to catch choze's racism beam, which is the same type of beam that homeless emperor uses, which are pure balls of light
Yes, you right. Sorry, it will to help in my theory or for debunked it?

Just because they produced light doesn't mean they are light speed, and names are indicative of how fast the characters are either. To prove lightspeed you need statements of being light speed from a credible sources or attacks that act like light, ie move in a straight line, reflects off mirrors.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Just because they produced light doesn't mean they are light speed, and names are indicative of how fast the characters are either. To prove lightspeed you need statements of being light speed from a credible sources or attacks that act like light, ie move in a straight line, reflects off mirrors.
It's not really that simple. These characters do not have "Ki, chakra, Reiatsu" or equivalent energies, they are purely martial artists, that is to produce beams of light with physical attacks means: A) the author wanted to make only a stylized one;

B) The blows are in relativistic velocity, producing light in a smaller nuclear reaction.

Muuuuh said:
It's not really that simple. These characters do not have "Ki, chakra, Reiatsu" or equivalent energies, they are purely martial artists, that is to produce beams of light with physical attacks means: A) the author wanted to make only a stylized one;

B) The blows are in relativistic velocity, producing light in a smaller nuclear reaction.
We will end up chosing A because the wiki don't acept FTL Saitama unless we have other feats like that or something close...

1. Characters producing light =/= light speed like others said. Nor does a character zooming so fast that they look like beams of light as a special effect. Or I guess faster than light RWBY.

2. Homeless Emperor's balls of light do not behave like actual light. They don't move in a straight path and can accelerate or deccelerate their speed.

3. A character or attack being named "lightspeed" does not at all mean they are lightspeed. Or else 3-A Android Saga Vegeta cause he has "Big Bang Attack." Or perhaps we downgrade Sonic and everyone who scales to him since his name is "Speed of Sound."

4. Flash isn't even named Lightspeed. His properly translated name is "Flashy Flash."

Well that should settle things unless there is an actual feat or statement?.

Ryukuma I'm sorry, but I do not understand what you're trying to point out, since none of these points have anything to do with what I said here, except perhaps for the first time.

You are connecting at the point of producing light, this point is not the most important, the important here is "Produce light through a physical attack" such as a simple punch or kick. For this, a velocity at least relativistic is required, because only then will the oxygen atoms produce a smaller scale Nuclear reaction to produce light.

What I'm trying to point out? I've addressed everything you've brought up in this thread.

"I thinking in that too, but its important to remember too, that others characters are called "lightspeed" too, like Flashy" " "Its just mora an information. Isolated the name of the attack does not mean anything, but in conjunction with the other evidences of the post maybe we have something"

• A character or attack being named "lightspeed" does not at all mean they are lightspeed. Or else 3-A Android Saga Vegeta cause he has "Big Bang Attack." Or perhaps we downgrade Sonic and everyone who scales to him since his name is "Speed of Sound." - My response.
"And other characterare called to have attacks based in light like Homeless emperor" - You

• Homeless Emperor's balls of light do not behave like actual light. They don't move in a straight path and can accelerate or deccelerate their speed. - My response
And again, some character zooming by fast looking like a beam of light as a cool special effect does not equal being lightspeed. Or else RWBY is FTL. Nor does a character merely producing light.

But you can ask other Calc Members if you wish.

Has this been done repeatedly in OPM or has it been done by stronger characters?. We can't just assume they wanted to go the physics route, they could have just as likely wanted a cool look while these characters where fighting.

Yes you punctuated completely wrong, since I did not edtava speaking of the name of the character or attack, I spoke of the forgiveness of the series that had already sifo set up as moving in LS, as Flash or The Cheap that fought with Genos. I have no idea what RWBY forgiveness shows on the scene, but if they profuse light with PHYSICAL attacks they are in relativistic motion, as this is a physical event produced by smaller nuclear reactions.

The spheres of Homeless Emperor were just one example, since other characters are called LS would not have because the light of HE not be light, was not an argument, was one of the proposed changes.

I didn't "puncuate anything wrong." You made invalid points about Flashy "Lightspeed" Flash, Homeless Emperor, etc. which I refuted. None of those characters are as fast or faster than light. None of those are points or points in conjunction or anything. And you did try to argue that they are. Also what do you mean by "forgiveness"?

Either way I doubt producing light alone equals lightspeed. Though you are more than free to ask other Calc Group members if you wish.

You did not refute any point of mine, the ball of Ho.eless emperor as I said earlier would be one of the changes if the theory were accepted, not an argument for it to be accepted, then nothing to refute. Flashy Flashy and the cheap were said to move in LS in the web manga and in the Redesigned by Murata respectively, again nothing to disprove, could be a hyperbole? Yes, but my theory if accepted would prove that it is not.

The only debatable point is my theory. That to produce light in physical movement is necessary maid relativistic velocities once is a fact, nothing to be debated. The only debating point here is whether this really was used as a relativistic movement or whether it was simply an effect of the author's style. But considering that: - characters have already been said to move in LS

- Saitama coming from the moon took only a few seconds, (depending on how many would be relativistic)

-Saitama and Boros has already been shown to produce light also in physical movement.

All of this together leads me to believe that it is likely that the superior pardons of OPM are at least Relativists.

But them producing light could just be a cool effect, it doesn't instantly mean they are moving at those high speeds.

Don't know about the moon jump so I can't answer that one.

Yes I did.

• Homeless Emperor's energy balls do not at all behave like light. Therefore we're not rating them as lightspeed.
  • Names mean nothing. "Lightspeed" isn't even Flash's actual name.
^ Lightspeed Flash and Homeless Emperor being lightspeed were points you made as I've earlier quoted you for. I refuted those points. Anyways

• Awakened Cockroach's statement is considered a hyperbole.
  • Saitama's moon feat has been calculated as Sub-Rel. That's been a thing since forever.
  • Again, zooming by so fast you look like light such as what Saitama and Boros did is not lightspeed, or else things like RWBY are FTL.
I don't know whether or not "oh they produced light so they are fast as light" as valid. Which is why I said to ask other members and see what they think.

I'd like to know how you can make light from hitting somebody that doesn't produce any explosion.

No you did not, you're talking things I did not say, I never talked about Flashy Flash name for example. I said that he and Barata claimed to move in LS.

You can not simply say that it is hyperbole without considering the new facts / feats, without wanting to offend you seems to be debating a little lazy.

About Saitama Moon Jump Calc, the correct will be similar to this:

Saitama jumped from the moon back to Earth in about 4 seconds

The distance from the earth to the moon is about 384,400 kilometers.

384,400 kilometers/4 seconds = 96100 kilometers per second

or Mach 282647.05882353

so Saitama is about..

Mach 282647

o 32% of LS, Relativistic.

Unite My Rice said:
I'd like to know how you can make light from hitting somebody that doesn't produce any explosion.
In fact, it does not have to have a significant nuclear reaction to the light being noticed at that level, for example, the Hiroshima explosion destroyed the area of a city, but the light could be seen even from space

"I never talked about Flashy Flash name for example."

Yes you did.

"I thinking in that too, but its important to remember too, that others characters are called "lightspeed" too, like Flashy"

Even if you're just referring to his attack being named "Lightspeed", I'm pretty sure in the proper translations his attacks are called "Flashy ___" instead. And the name of the attack means nothing. Or else Android Saga Vegeta is 3-A.

Yes I can. There is nothing to support Awakened Cockroach actually being lightspeed. The best feat in the entire series right now performed by people vastly superior to him is Sub-Rel. And the guy got somewhat tagged by Genos. He isn't lightspeed.

I'm pretty sure that would be using Cinematic Timing. I'm uncertain. Either way I think we've agreed to use the manga versions of these feats for calcs. It's why Tornado hasn't been downgraded, since in the anime her feat gets a lower result.

Muuuuh said:
In fact, it does not have to have a significant nuclear reaction to the light being noticed at that level, for example, the Hiroshima explosion destroyed the area of a city, but the light could be seen even from space
Even so, in this case there's no evidence that they're doing anything more that normal blows.

This doesn't meet any of the conditions wrote here. We can't consider it actual light.

Also, they just seem to be surrounded by light. They aren't dodging it. And you absolutely do not need a nuclear reaction to produce light. A flashbang isn't a nuke, for example

Just skimming through some of the scans, the vast majority of these seem more like hyperboles rather solid feats. Just saying "even if you attacked at the speed of light, you wouldn't hit me" sounds more like someone bragging about speed rather than legitimately being FTL. As others have said, the we have to go by more than names, lest we would put everyone in Speed Racer at Hypersonic for being able to react to the Mach 5.

is there any real scientific explanation as to how light appears out of nowhere when two people are moving at extreme speeds?

I agree with Ryukama and think that we should probably close this thread.

I agree as well, though if anybody wants, they should make a thread regarding the science behind the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back