• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

One feat. Three calcs. Different speed classes​

The Sea King leaps while the raindrops are slowed down. This feat has 3 versions of the calculation. @USklaverei, @El_Beyonder and mine.

My calculation:
It uses the distance from the manga, which was calculated by the USk in the first version of the old calculation. My calculation uses a timeframe from the anime to figure out how much the raindrops are slowed down.

I got a result of 44 Mach (High Hypersonic).

USk calculation:
He uses the timeframe from the anime like me, but now he takes the distance traveled by the Sea King from ANIME.

He got a result of 7 Machs (Hypersonic).

Beyonder calculation:
It uses the timeframe from the anime, but the distance from the manga. He seems to be using a different angular dimension method that gives him a little more than the manga's distance traveled.

He got a result of 50.45 Mach (High Hypersonic+).

Which one should use?

This scales to all characters that are stronger than the Wet Sea King. That is, more than half of the Vers.

The Atomic Samurai once again proved that he is the fastest swordsman after Flash​

Calc.
He blitя the beam of the weakened Psykorochi and blinks the Psykorochi itself, which is quite close to the Sub-Relativistic (Mach 7200). So this feat fits into powerscaling.

Only scales to Atomic Samurai, Bang and Bomb.
These calculations.

Suiryu and Garou​

In the official anime, OVA, whose script was written by ONE and who are canon, Suiryu and Garou got into a fight in the VR game. As it was said, this game completely copies your movements and only at the end of the fight Garou hit so fast that the machine could not record his movements. Throughout the fight, they both reacted and dodged each other, and even hit each other. Both screamed as they fought at full strength.

As we later saw, after the loss, Garou wanted to see Suiryu, but did not know where he was. This tells us that they didn't actually beat each other. They were in different rooms. That is, their AP does not scale to each other. But their speed must scale. It would have been impossible for them to fight calmly and even get into courage if the program recorded their movements several times slower than they are.

But King defeated Suiryu. This is due to the fact that Suiryu tried to study the enemy at the beginning of the battle. As we can see, Suiryu literally stands still at the beginning of the fight, even the "standing" animation of his avatar goes on while King runs towards him. Suiryu tried to study the enemy, but because of this, King attacked first. King is a professional gamer. He won because he knows which combos to use and all he has to do is press the buttons on the controller. His avatar attacks as fast as the program recorded him. Plus, it's a pretty comedic moment.

So, this does not in any way disprove that Suiryu must scale to Human Garou in speed.
This scaling.

I disagree with that scaling. Weird context aside, when Garou started to take the fight seriously, the speed of his movements caused the game to glitch out. This clearly shows he's superior in speed.

I disagree with that scaling. Weird context aside, when Garou started to take the fight seriously, the speed of his movements caused the game to glitch out. This clearly shows he's superior in speed.
That also brings up the issue that Suiryu wasn't trying either. He had his armbands on. We could just say that a casual Suiryu and a casual Garou are equal in speed.

That also brings up the issue that Suiryu wasn't trying either. He had his armbands on. We could just say that a casual Suiryu and a casual Garou are equal in speed.
How do you know how casual each of them were being anyway? It is entirely possible for one of them to use 2% and the other to use 60% of their power. They can't be assumed to be the same amount of casual.

What AKM said. "Casual" isn't a specific portion of one's power. In the webcomic, Garou was initially fighting casually against Saitama but he clearly wouldn't scale.

I'm pretty sure the OVA also contrasts the manga in that it says Saitama's power is constantly growing, while Saitama himself in the manga says he cannot grow in power anymore.

The Sea King leaps while the raindrops are slowed down. This feat has 3 versions of the calculation. @USklaverei, @El_Beyonder and mine.

My calculation:
It uses the distance from the manga, which was calculated by the USk in the first version of the old calculation. My calculation uses a timeframe from the anime to figure out how much the raindrops are slowed down.

USk calculation:
He uses the timeframe from the anime like me, but now he takes the distance traveled by the Sea King from ANIME.

Beyonder calculation:
It uses the timeframe from the anime, but the distance from the manga. He seems to be using a different angular dimension method that gives him a little more than the manga's distance traveled.

Which one should use?

This scales to all characters that are stronger than the Wet Sea King. That is, more than half of the Vers.

The Atomic Samurai once again proved that he is the fastest swordsman after Flash​

Calc.
He blitя the beam of the weakened Psykorochi and blinks the Psykorochi itself, which is quite close to the Sub-Relativistic (Mach 7200). So this feat fits into powerscaling.

@Mr._Bambu @Ugarik @Damage3245 @DemonGodMitchAubin @Armorchompy @KieranH10 @Migue79

Would any of you be willing to help out with what Iquoted above please? This thread has been dragging on for quite a while now, so it would be nice if we could wrap things up here.

@Mr._Bambu @Ugarik @Damage3245 @DemonGodMitchAubin @Armorchompy @KieranH10 @Migue79

Would any of you be willing to help out with what Iquoted above please? This thread has been dragging on for quite a while now, so it would be nice if we could wrap things up here.
Well actually here it should be decided between my calculation and USk since mine is an update of DarthSpiderr's calculation.
The updates are:
1.Use Angsizing's main formula as it is more accurate.
2.I have corrected the trajectory of the raindrop fall since it is not completely straight..
3.Use the time period of a higher quality clip that has a speed of 30 FPS.

I'm pretty sure the OVA also contrasts the manga in that it says Saitama's power is constantly growing, while Saitama himself in the manga says he cannot grow in power anymore.
That's actually the audio book, and that statement came from Geno's, who you know, isn't very reliable

They both scream because they put their best effort into it. Just at the end, Garow got even faster.

Also, Garou hardly reacted to Suiryu's blows, judging by the expression on his face and could not hit him, did not always react to his attacks. He hardly controls the speed of his reaction. As I said, Garou literally screamed from the fact that he was putting all his efforts into this fight. He just used an even faster blow at the end of the fight. But the blows before that were also NOT restrained. They still scale to Garou's overall speed.

To be honest, you have very strange and ridiculous arguments against scaling. You seemed to be reading what I wrote and not watching the OVA itself.

@Armorchompy @Damage3245

Which calculations do you think that we should use from the posts that I quoted above?

I would still much prefer to try to wrap up this thread soon.

They both scream because they put their best effort into it. Just at the end, Garow got even faster.
Clearly you weren't watching the same OVA as me then. Garou wasn't taking it seriously until the end, and then moved so fast the machine couldn't keep up. It's already a massive stretch in the first place to say that Garou scales to Suiryu over a fight in a VR video game.

Clearly you weren't watching the same OVA as me then. Garou wasn't taking it seriously until the end, and then moved so fast the machine couldn't keep up. It's already a massive stretch in the first place to say that Garou scales to Suiryu over a fight in a VR video game.
Oh yeah? Garou is not serious?

That is why he perceived Suiryu's blows with surprise and tension on his face? Is that why he screamed before his attack with an aggressive face? That is why, before the attack, he began to twitch aggressively in order to tense up and began to use his technique (Blue residual marks around his hands) (Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist), because of which he is stronger and faster? Is that why he missed some of Suiryu's punches?

Throughout the fight, Garou did not hold back and there was no hint of this. Only at the end was Garou able to deliver ONE blow, which was faster than the others. But he delivered the rest of the blows as quickly as he could.

Even after the fight, he wanted to find Suiryu so that he could obviously fight him in real life, because he considered him a good fighter.

Suiryu even reacted to the Garou's attacks with Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist.

Surprised where? Spamming links of the same 5 second clip does not prove that Garou was taking it seriously, when moments later Garou states that it's time to "kick it up a gear"? And immediately after that, his punch gets frozen on-screen because the speed of his movements overloaded the system? Prior to this, Saitama commented that they were both "having fun", and afterwards neither fighter was in the least bit strained. Garou wanted to know where Suiryu was because their fight was unfinished, and even then he hardly seemed bothered by it in the end.

The idea that a regular punch from Garou was just randomly that much faster than all his other attacks immediately before, rather than the more obvious explanation that his moves prior to that were him fighting casually, is completely laughable. This wack scaling has no place on a serious profile.

Prior to this, Saitama commented that they were both "having fun", and afterwards neither fighter was in the least bit strained
Does Saitama say they're having fun - somehow denies that they're not holding back? They can use all their strength without holding back. It's okay to have fun about a fight where you put in all your efforts and where it is difficult for you to defeat the enemy. Saitama is waiting for such an enemy.

By the way, it is Saitama's statement that can confirm my words. Saitama believes that a fight from which you can get a lot of emotion and pleasure is one in which both fighters fight on equal terms, using all skills. Fear, excitement, adrenaline. This is what Saitama believed throughout the manga.
amming links of the same 5 second clip does not prove that Garou was taking it seriously, when moments later Garou states that it's time to "kick it up a gear"?
Garou never yells or makes an aggressive expression during a fight if his enemy is much weaker than him and if he is holding back in a fight. On the contrary, if he attacks an enemy weaker than him, then he tries to defeat him as quickly as possible. None of the heroes who were much weaker than Garou could react if Garou launched an attack because he was not holding back. He showed that the enemy is much weaker than him only when he begins to simply dodge the enemy's attacks (Golden Ball) and does not attack, thereby showing that their difference in skills and speed is completely different. He was calm even during fights with Tanktop Master, Bat and so on. During their fight, he does not scream or tense, because he believes that defeating them is easy (Because he is much faster and can repel all their attacks).

But as we can see, Suiryu successfully blocks Garou's attacks and dodges them.

The fact that he screams with effort and effort is proof that Suiryu is forcing Garou to prove himself.

But Suiryu holds back, even if the enemy is very strong. When he really uses his best, he starts to fight very aggressively, his muscles get bigger, and his behavior, as I said, becomes much more aggressive.

Garou's last line tells us that he is going to put in even more effort. If a person really does not hold back and tenses during a fight, then this does not mean that he is physically unable to show more effort. But it also does not mean that before that he held back. Human still used a very high threshold of his capabilities, not holding back and screaming during attacks. And later, he can still use his FULL potential, using the maximum possible force and attack speed that he can. But as a rule, it exhausts people and spends a lot of energy.

So this does not mean that if Garou, with a little more effort, was able to cause a bug due to speed, then it means that he is much faster than Suiryu. After all, of the two, only Suiryu could truly completely restrain his powers.

Garou's final hit was the only one that caused the bug because it was slightly faster than past hits. Conventionally, this program can have a speed limit of, say, Mach 65. Garou could fight at Mach 60-64 throughout the fight. So we cannot claim that the fact that the final blow could not be recorded by the program is evidence in favor of the fact that Suiryu cannot scale to Garou. Moreover, during their fight, as it turned out, Garow did not hold back and put in great efforts. He even used Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist, lol. Garou only uses this technique in serious situations when the enemy is really dangerous and can defeat him. But Suiryu held back, because he did not use his best fighting style. The program still, in theory, could not have time to record his movements, if he ceased to restrain himself.

By the way, even if Garow was holding back (which is not true and nonsense) - would he hold back the speed of his reflexes? He might have held back the speed of his punches, but he wouldn't slow down the speed with which he responds. And as we can see, he missed Suiryu's kicks on the head. This is stupid, no one does that, why specifically give yourself a hit, especially in a video game in which your AP and durability do not matter, because your avatar has its own HP bar? Garou may have a silly and childish motivation, but he's not dumb.

And in general, during a fight, the speed of blows fluctuate. It can be in people as 10 m/s, and 9, and 12, and only sometimes it is 14 m/s. But this does not mean that the person held back in a fight before. It's just that this time he accidentally managed to hit a little faster.

It is also worth mentioning that Garou came to this game tournament because of the cash prize. He wouldn't hold back with Suiyu at the very beginning of the fight. As practice has shown, all past fights Garou purposely ended quickly, not giving the players a chance.

Can somebody please summarise what has been decided already here regarding which calculations that should be used, and link to the ones that still need to be compared and evaluated please, so I can make another attempt at asking our calc group members for help?

Nothing was decided.

My calculation:

USk calculation:

Beyonder calculation:

Which one should use?

We are still discussing which version of the settlement with the Sea King will be chosen.

Calc.

We have not yet discussed or verified this calculation.

Suiryu and Garou​

In the official anime, OVA, whose script was written by ONE and who are canon, Suiryu and Garou got into a fight in the VR game. As it was said, this game completely copies your movements and only at the end of the fight Garou hit so fast that the machine could not record his movements. Throughout the fight, they both reacted and dodged each other, and even hit each other. Both screamed as they fought at full strength.

As we later saw, after the loss, Garou wanted to see Suiryu, but did not know where he was. This tells us that they didn't actually beat each other. They were in different rooms. That is, their AP does not scale to each other. But their speed must scale. It would have been impossible for them to fight calmly and even get into courage if the program recorded their movements several times slower than they are.

But King defeated Suiryu. This is due to the fact that Suiryu tried to study the enemy at the beginning of the battle. As we can see, Suiryu literally stands still at the beginning of the fight, even the "standing" animation of his avatar goes on while King runs towards him. Suiryu tried to study the enemy, but because of this, King attacked first. King is a professional gamer. He won because he knows which combos to use and all he has to do is press the buttons on the controller. His avatar attacks as fast as the program recorded him. Plus, it's a pretty comedic moment.

So, this does not in any way disprove that Suiryu must scale to Human Garou in speed.
And we still haven't finished the discussion of scaling Suiryu to Human Garow (Speed only).

I hope that the people who will be discussing this will look at the dialogue above, where I have made a lot more arguments in this favor. There are a lot of them.
Also, Garou hardly reacted to Suiryu's blows, judging by the expression on his face and could not hit him, did not always react to his attacks. He hardly controls the speed of his reaction. As I said, Garou literally screamed from the fact that he was putting all his efforts into this fight. He just used an even faster blow at the end of the fight. But the blows before that were also NOT restrained. They still scale to Garou's overall speed.

To be honest, you have very strange and ridiculous arguments against scaling. You seemed to be reading what I wrote and not watching the OVA itself.

Oh yeah? Garou is not serious?

That is why he perceived Suiryu's blows with surprise and tension on his face? Is that why he screamed before his attack with an aggressive face? That is why, before the attack, he began to twitch aggressively in order to tense up and began to use his technique (Blue residual marks around his hands) (Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist), because of which he is stronger and faster? Is that why he missed some of Suiryu's punches?

Throughout the fight, Garou did not hold back and there was no hint of this. Only at the end was Garou able to deliver ONE blow, which was faster than the others. But he delivered the rest of the blows as quickly as he could.

Even after the fight, he wanted to find Suiryu so that he could obviously fight him in real life, because he considered him a good fighter.

Suiryu even reacted to the Garou's attacks with Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist.

Does Saitama say they're having fun - somehow denies that they're not holding back? They can use all their strength without holding back. It's okay to have fun about a fight where you put in all your efforts and where it is difficult for you to defeat the enemy. Saitama is waiting for such an enemy.

By the way, it is Saitama's statement that can confirm my words. Saitama believes that a fight from which you can get a lot of emotion and pleasure is one in which both fighters fight on equal terms, using all skills. Fear, excitement, adrenaline. This is what Saitama believed throughout the manga.
Garou never yells or makes an aggressive expression during a fight if his enemy is much weaker than him and if he is holding back in a fight. On the contrary, if he attacks an enemy weaker than him, then he tries to defeat him as quickly as possible. None of the heroes who were much weaker than Garou could react if Garou launched an attack because he was not holding back. He showed that the enemy is much weaker than him only when he begins to simply dodge the enemy's attacks (Golden Ball) and does not attack, thereby showing that their difference in skills and speed is completely different. He was calm even during fights with Tanktop Master, Bat and so on. During their fight, he does not scream or tense, because he believes that defeating them is easy (Because he is much faster and can repel all their attacks).

But as we can see, Suiryu successfully blocks Garou's attacks and dodges them.

The fact that he screams with effort and effort is proof that Suiryu is forcing Garou to prove himself.

But Suiryu holds back, even if the enemy is very strong. When he really uses his best, he starts to fight very aggressively, his muscles get bigger, and his behavior, as I said, becomes much more aggressive.

Garou's last line tells us that he is going to put in even more effort. If a person really does not hold back and tenses during a fight, then this does not mean that he is physically unable to show more effort. But it also does not mean that before that he held back. Human still used a very high threshold of his capabilities, not holding back and screaming during attacks. And later, he can still use his FULL potential, using the maximum possible force and attack speed that he can. But as a rule, it exhausts people and spends a lot of energy.

So this does not mean that if Garou, with a little more effort, was able to cause a bug due to speed, then it means that he is much faster than Suiryu. After all, of the two, only Suiryu could truly completely restrain his powers.

Garou's final hit was the only one that caused the bug because it was slightly faster than past hits. Conventionally, this program can have a speed limit of, say, Mach 65. Garou could fight at Mach 60-64 throughout the fight. So we cannot claim that the fact that the final blow could not be recorded by the program is evidence in favor of the fact that Suiryu cannot scale to Garou. Moreover, during their fight, as it turned out, Garow did not hold back and put in great efforts. He even used Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist, lol. Garou only uses this technique in serious situations when the enemy is really dangerous and can defeat him. But Suiryu held back, because he did not use his best fighting style. The program still, in theory, could not have time to record his movements, if he ceased to restrain himself.

By the way, even if Garow was holding back (which is not true and nonsense) - would he hold back the speed of his reflexes? He might have held back the speed of his punches, but he wouldn't slow down the speed with which he responds. And as we can see, he missed Suiryu's kicks on the head. This is stupid, no one does that, why specifically give yourself a hit, especially in a video game in which your AP and durability do not matter, because your avatar has its own HP bar? Garou may have a silly and childish motivation, but he's not dumb.

And in general, during a fight, the speed of blows fluctuate. It can be in people as 10 m/s, and 9, and 12, and only sometimes it is 14 m/s. But this does not mean that the person held back in a fight before. It's just that this time he accidentally managed to hit a little faster.
It is also worth mentioning that Garou came to this game tournament because of the cash prize. He wouldn't hold back with Suiyu at the very beginning of the fight. As practice has shown, all past fights Garou purposely ended quickly, not giving the players a chance.

At this point, since nothing is happening, and the thread has turned long and messy to the point that no calc group members want to help out, perhaps you or somebody else should restart it in a more structured manner, including summarising the previous conclusions from our calc group members in this thread so far?

At this point, since nothing is happening, and the thread has turned long and messy to the point that no calc group members want to help out, perhaps you or somebody else should restart it in a more structured manner, including summarising the previous conclusions from our calc group members in this thread so far?
I need to make a new thread in which there will be a link to this thread, then I will need to write about each calculation and write whether it was accepted or not, and at the very end write the calculations and topics that we are still discussing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back