• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man - Minor (or Major) Psykos Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
The argument isn’t her being strained, it’s her putting in more effort, as Fubuki stated.
This statement comes from when Tatsumaki was fighting Gyoro-Gyoro, and where she didn't look like she was putting in any effort at all. (This page being just prior to when Fubuki's statement was given).

Damage, you can visibly tell that Tatsumaki is putting in significantly more effort against Psykos than against the ship. It’s really not that hard.

I don't think that's sufficient for a full rating. Given that we don't actually see Tatsumaki's face when she's returning those shells, and the amount of effort Tatsumaki has shown throughout the fight has not been high and yet Fubuki still describe her as using a tremondous amount of power.

fubuki wasn't there watching when she damaged the ship, but the fact that she says "this extent" and "tremendous" makes a likely high 6-A seem like the way to go since the ship thing was clearly casual
bascially I agree

I don't think that's sufficient for a full rating. Given that we don't actually see Tatsumaki's face when she's returning those shells, and the amount of effort Tatsumaki has shown throughout the fight has not been high and yet Fubuki still describe her as using a tremondous amount of power.
You see her face in the page immediately before she returns the shells, and she’s clearly not putting a whole lot of effort. And the second time she damages the ship, she has her arms crossed, further denoting how casual she is.

How much effort Tatsumaki is using in comparison to her full power is, quite frankly, irrelevant. She’s using more effort to fight Psykos than she is to damage Boros’ ship, so Psykos’ post-serum output > the durability of Boros’ ship.

Okay. I'm not convinced by the evidence of that, I'm putting my vote in as disagree.

Given that we don't actually see Tatsumaki's face when she's returning those shells, and the amount of effort Tatsumaki has shown throughout the fight has not been high and yet Fubuki still describe her as using a tremondous amount of power.
Also Blizzard wasn't even present in City A when the feat happened.

To add to this Tornado was explicitly hiding back the entire time and even against Neuron Psykos she held back and stomped her once she went all out.

There's absolutely zero reasoning for Psykos to be High 6-A in base form in my view. The scaling is just flat out wrong.

Also Blizzard wasn't even present in City A when the feat happened.

To add to this Tornado was explicitly hiding back the entire time and even against Neuron Psykos she held back and stomped her once she went all out.

There's absolutely zero reasoning for Psykos to be High 6-A in base form in my view. The scaling is just flat out wrong.
Worse than that; based on Fubuki's statement this upgrade would make Gyoro-Gyoro High 6-A.

Glad somebody else disagrees.

First of all, it’s not base Psykos, it’s very clearly serum Psykos. Second of all, the proposal here is not scaling Psykos to Tatsumaki. The fact that a full power Tatsumaki is stronger than Psykorochi is irrelevant to the premise of the thread.

First of all, it’s not base Psykos, it’s very clearly serum Psykos. Second of all, the proposal here is not scaling Psykos to Tatsumaki. The fact that a full power Tatsumaki is stronger than Psykorochi is irrelevant to the premise of the thread.
The proposal here is scaling Psykos to a power output from Tatsumaki. There's no point acting like this is not making Psykos scale to Tatsumaki in some form.

The proposal here is scaling Psykos to a power output from Tatsumaki. There's no point acting like this is not making Psykos scale to Tatsumaki in some form.
Except she isn’t being scaled to Tatsumaki’s full power, so bringing up what Tatsumaki can do at full power is completely irrelevant.

it’s very clearly serum Psykos
Which is irrelevant to this. Tornado while still holding back stopped her easily and even after she was amped was stomped when she went max.

Right after when she lost her mass the rest of the S-Class also collectively rolled her.

The fact that a full power Tatsumaki is stronger than Psykorochi is irrelevant to the premise of the thread.
The only other way to get her to High 6-A is to scale her above Orochi which we have direct evidence against.

Scaling her to Tornado destroying Boros' guns are not a High 6-A feat either. Boros scales to a High 6-A rating because he damaged his ship more than Saitama, Tornado never came close to replicating that damage.

Which is irrelevant to this. Tornado while still holding back stopped her easily and even after she was amped was stomped when she went max.

Right after when she lost her mass the rest of the S-Class also collectively rolled her.
And as I’ve said before, Psykos isn’t being scaled to full power Tatsumaki, so none of this has any bearing on the proposal in the OP.
Scaling her to Tornado destroying Boros' guns are not a High 6-A feat either. Boros scales to a High 6-A rating because he damaged his ship more than Saitama, Tornado never came close to replicating that damage.
Tatsumaki caused significant damage to the ship, which is shown twice and reiterated by the databook. The ship has High 6-A durability. So yes, it is absolutely a High 6-A feat.

And I don’t know where you’re getting the idea that Boros only scales because he did more damage to the ship than the moon jump, cause that’s not what his profile says. Hell, his Armored key is “possibly High 6-A” via scaling to Saitama just damaging the inside of the ship.

Psykos isn’t being scaled to full power Tatsumaki, so none of this has any bearing on the proposal in the OP
She doesn't scale to Tornado in any real capacity. The High 6-A rating is baseless.

Tatsumaki caused significant damage to the ship, which is shown twice and reiterated by the databook.
She damaged the guns and that's it. She never destroyed large parts of it and her damage came from the guns being destroyed.

Hell, his Armored key is “possibly High 6-A” via scaling to Saitama just damaging the inside of the ship.
Which is why it's possibly because the scaling is shaky and can't be verified.

Isn't the ships durability far below Orochi's AP ? Like 9 petatons against 5,68 exatons, Psykos would be High 6-A but still far below Orochi.

well uh, this was literally said in the OP, which tells me you didn't read it
I'm not arguing against the rating lol, just saying because the way Qawsedf and Damage word it make it seem like Psykos would scale to Orochi's High 6-A value when that isn't the case-

Isn't the ships durability far below Orochi's AP ?
The only way to get her there is the assumption she damaged the ship outside of the guns and that she was putting more effort into fighting Gyoro-Gyoro than she was damaging the ship.

Both of which don't work when she was constantly bombarding the ship to minimal effect while Boros and Saitama were easily reating through it and you can't scale to a person who stomped you multiple times while canonically holding back.

She doesn't scale to Tornado in any real capacity. The High 6-A rating is baseless.
It’s literally not. She broke out of Tatsumaki’s restraints, scaling that is already accepted and on Psykos’ page, while Tatsumaki was using more effort than when she damaged Boros’ ship.
She damaged the guns and that's it. She never destroyed large parts of it and her damage came from the guns being destroyed.
Aside from the fact that the databook says otherwise, you can see damage on the sides and top of the ship when Tatsumaki attacks it.
Which is why it's possibly because the scaling is shaky and can't be verified.
Then what exactly is the problem here? Hell, this is more solid than that.

I'm not arguing against the rating lol, just saying because the way Qawsedf and Damage word it make it seem like Psykos would scale to Orochi's High 6-A value when that isn't the case-
I didn't say anything about Orochi.

She broke out of Tatsumaki’s restraints, scaling that is already accepted and on Psykos’ page, while Tatsumaki was using more effort than when she damaged Boros’ ship.
Then we should change the wording to just be the bullet feat.

Aside from the fact that the databook says otherwise, you can see damage on the sides and top of the ship when Tatsumaki attacks it.
The smoke stacks all come the same direction as the bullet impacts, which later on are confirmed to be the gun barrels. She also constantly bombarded the ship and didn't do much to its structural stability.

Then what exactly is the problem here
That Boros doesn't warrant a solid rating and I don't see why Psykos would either. Especially when your scaling is implying Gyoro-Gyoro required more effort than the bullet feat based on a character's reaction that wasn't even there.

Then we should change the wording to just be the bullet feat.
I’m not sure what you mean here.
The smoke stacks all come the same direction as the bullet impacts, which later on are confirmed to be the gun barrels. She also constantly bombarded the ship and didn't do much to its structural stability.
The gun barrels are on the bottom of the ship. The visible damage on the sides and roof shows that Tatsumaki damaged more than just the gun barrels. And again, the databook says that she caused significant damage to the ship.
That Boros doesn't warrant a solid rating and I don't see why Psykos would either. Especially when your scaling is implying Gyoro-Gyoro required more effort than the bullet feat based on a character's reaction that wasn't even there.
I supposed I’d be fine with leaving it as a Possibly rating. Although Gyoro Gyoro doesn’t even do anything that would imply it scales, so I don’t know why you’re bringing it up.

I supposed I’d be fine with leaving it as a Possibly rating. Although Gyoro Gyoro doesn’t even do anything that would imply it scales, so I don’t know why you’re bringing it up.
You brought up the Fubuki quote first.

Gyoro Gyoro wouldn’t scale here because it doesn’t contend with Tatsumaki in any way, shape or form when she attacks it. It doesn’t matter how much effort she’s using when it couldn’t do anything in response to it.

The upgrade isn’t just because Tatsumaki’s using some effort. If that was the case, I wouldn’t have been in favor of the initial 6-C upgrade. The upgrade is because Tatsumaki is putting in the effort and Psykos is actually capable of fighting back and freeing herself from Tatsimaki’s restraints. Maybe she should be “At most High 6-A” because she clearly struggled to do so, but she still scales in some way.

Hopefully that clears up some confusion.

I mean the whole point is Tatsumaki needing to use more against Psykos than she used against the Ship, simple

We have both visuals and statements (Fubuki in this case) saying that what Tatsumaki was using against Psykos wasn't something common for her despite the fact that she was as casual as you get when she went against the bullets and the ship

I'm completely neutral if this just possibly, likely, at most or something, but there is a connection

The visuals being the single time that Tatsumaki had veins on her forehead for one moment of the fight and then never again during that fight, even when she stomped Psykos?

Since Psykos was effortlessly beaten by no-veins Tatsumaki, I'd say that she doesn't deserve a full rating at all.

The visuals being the single time that Tatsumaki had veins on her forehead for one moment of the fight and then never again during that fight, even when she stomped Psykos?

Since Psykos was effortlessly beaten by no-veins Tatsumaki, I'd say that she doesn't deserve a full rating at all.
I mean, she did free herself from the restraints while Tatsumaki did have the veins, but I did just suggest giving Psykos an At most instead of a full rating.

The gun barrels are on the bottom of the ship.
The barrels extend far into the ship and the explosions follow the barrels.
I supposed I’d be fine with leaving it as a Possibly rating
I don't like it, however, she would have more justification for it than Boros. So for consistency I'll go with it.
Although Gyoro Gyoro doesn’t even do anything that would imply it scales, so I don’t know why you’re bringing it up.
It does though. Because she says that in update is when Tornado is fighting Gyoro-Gyoro and ripping out her body. Her doing so is when it transitions to Blizzard commenting that its rare for Tornado to exert herself to that extent.
Ridiculous arguments from Damage as per usual.
Damage disagreeing with Tracer does not make his arguments ridiculous.

It does though. Because she says that in update is when Tornado is fighting Gyoro-Gyoro and ripping out her body. Her doing so is when it transitions to Blizzard commenting that its rare for Tornado to exert herself to that extent.
I explained why this isn’t the case in a later reply.
I don't like it, however, she would have more justification for it than Boros. So for consistency I'll go with it.
I’ll go with Possibly, if that’s what you prefer, but what are your thoughts on it being an At most rating?

, but what are your thoughts on it being an At most rating?
I think her being stomped by Tornado and her end plan requiring Orochi implies an at most rating doesn't work. It would just be a possibly rating.
I explained why this isn’t the case in a later reply.
If you mean this
atsumaki is putting in the effort and Psykos is actually capable of fighting back and freeing herself from Tatsimaki’s restraints
She freed herself from Tornado's restraints and then was restrained again almost right after with minimal effort from Tornado. She got strong enough to break Tornado's restraints because Tornado's restraints were made to hold a base Psykos, not an amped Psykos (at the time).

That’s… untrue. She drank the serum in Chapter 126. Psykos was restrained and subsequently broke free in Chapter 127 (I accidentally sourced it as 126 in the OP, but it’s actually 127).
And then she gets restrained again. She became strong enough to break Tornado's hold over her base form, but that doesn't mean she would require to be High 6-A to do so, especially when Tornado was trying to take her alive to interrogate her.

She became strong enough to break Tornado's hold over her base form, but that doesn't mean she would require to be High 6-A to do so, especially when Tornado was trying to take her alive to interrogate her.
She literally wasn’t in base form when Tatsumaki restained her though...

She literally wasn’t in base
It went Gyoro-Gyoro -> Easily Stomped -> Extreme Gyoro-Gyoro -> Easily stomped and Blizzard saying its rare for her sister to exert herself -> Easily restrain Psykos -> Drinks potion and breaks restraint -> Easily stomped and restrained again -> Fuses with Orochi and amped by God -> Gets demolished when Tornado stops holding back.

She escaped her restraints and then was quickly completely overpowered again. Tornado at not point would have ever had to come close High 6-A levels of power to beat Psykos because she was already magnitudes above her.

She escaped her restraints and then was quickly completely overpowered again. Tornado at not point would have ever had to come close High 6-A levels of power to beat Psykos because she was already magnitudes above her.
This argument doesn’t make sense, you do realize that the difference between Psykos’ High 6-A and Tatsumaki’s High 6-A would be nearly 600x, right? Saying that Tatsumaki wouldn’t have to get near High 6-A to overpower her is a pretty baseless assertion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back