• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man Low Tier Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bof

Bofoy also has insane weaponry and has built most of the hero association’s technology. I don’t think he’s the right example to disprove my point.
In Bofoi's case they presumably tested the physical capabilities of his robots, because that's what is on the front line. They're not so stupid they would disqualify an effective fighter with hero quality tech/powers because their physical body isn't at least c-class level. I think an exception was made for Gearsper exactly along those lines, because he should have failed but they kept him for his esper powers.

Normally though yes, the hero exam is 70% physicals and 30% intelligence (the test). Unless you do not fight with your physical body like Tatsumaki or Bofoi, then you cannot pass the test to become a hero unless you are the 0.1% or 0.01% percentile of the physically fit, thousands of strong guys who can presumably competently answer questions and they are not strong enough to become c-class heroes.

Every c-class hero that fights with their body is at least a 1 in a thousand athlete, they cannot perform their duties if they are not.

This last part will be addressed to El Beyonder.

Now if Piko, the gamer, is a regular human, how did he ever become a b-class hero? If Piko was one of the Blizzard Group members who mobilized to fight DO-S, then there's 0 chance he's a regular guy because he wouldn't be physically qualified to be a c-class, let alone a b-class. B-class are categorically superior to c-class who are already freakishly athletic relative to the normal population. And he's definitely not a special case like Gearsper or Bofoi, because in that case he would have to fight with a mech or a suit or some special ability that circumvents the physical requirement and we see no evidence that's the case. If he's going to deploy to fight a monster and Blizzard allows it he can't be a normal guy.

I just think why should we assume that the wall is made with reinforced concrete if you don't see the typical reinforcing bars anywhere, plus the nearby buildings only seem to have reinforced concrete on the floor and roof, as you can see in this image.

Apart from the fact that rebar reinforced concrete is mainly used in the structural field to build columns, beams and foundations.
Reinforced concrete is much more common than you would think, especially in Japan. In Japan concrete walls over 2 meters tall must be at least 15 cm thick, and it is recommended that concrete constructions over 15 cm thick should always have rebar (eso significa que casi cada pared que apoyo el resto de la estructura tiene que ser concreta reforzada).

In other words, if you're doing an OPM calc that involves concrete, normally you should use the values for reinforced concrete by default because reinforced concrete is near universal in Japanese buildings (no sé como es el código de construcción en España pero es siempre así en Japón). Only in certain situations would you have none reinforced concrete, like a sidewalk, a small construction or maybe a platform like the superfight stage.

The Jet Drive Straight for Jet Nice Guy feat has been accepted at 0.0546 tons of tnt, 9-A. This attack was rated by Rhino Wrestler at 18 points, so Shadow Ring (20), Narcisstoic (12), One-Shotter (15), Needlestar (25) and Captain Mizuki (30) are going up to 9-A. Feather and Twin Tail will go up as well, since he's comparable. Green and Crescent would as well- if they had profiles. That's about half the a-class heroes there now officially at 9-A with very direct scaling, I like it.

Antvasima will hopefully look over the agreed-upon changes, so let me provide a summary starting from the lowest-tiered agreed-upon changes.

Agreed-upon changes
1. Baseline B-class: The B-class is categorically superior to the c-class and Mumen Rider in particular. Mumen Rider was able to harm the wolf-level monster Angry Grandpa, which was immune to small arms fire and creating large holes in the ground. Despite this, Mumen Rider refuses to move up to b-class because he does not consider himself strong enough for the class (eg strong enough to consistently defeat wolf level threats, he was struggling with Angry Grandpa already).
2. Piggy Bancon: Piggy Bancon is a strong wolf-level threat that was able to knock out multiple police officers, which is considered 9-B+, and the police needed multiple armored vehicles to detain it.
  • Therefore: Piggy Bancon is 9-B+.
3. Baseline Tiger and A-class: Tiger levels and A-class heroes are categorically superior to wolf-level threats, so even the weakest of either class will upscale considerably.

4. Support team tier: All of the support team, except for base Gearsper, will either scale to, a little above or a little below this 0.0546 ton feat from Jet Nice Guy:https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Ourosboros/Jet_Drive_Straight. As I just said, Mizuki and Needlestar upscale a little, Shadow Ring and One-shotter are basically comparable, Narcisstoic will downscale. Feather and Twin Tail should also scale, but I don’t think we got ratings for either of them.
  • Therefore: All of the support team members that have profiles will be 9-A, with the exception of base Gearsper who will be baseline c-class when we get those changes figured out.
  • Who scales: see the above paragraph
  • Addendum: jet Nice Guy needs a profile with two keys, one being DSK arc (his first appearance) and the second being upgraded arc. The DSK arc key will be baseline b-class, the upgraded key will of course be 9-A.

5. Baseline Superfight tier: No change from 8-C so far, but there is a pending calc that would downgrade them to 9-A: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Kulf_Boba//_One_Punch_Man_-_Dave_makes_a_big_crater.
  • (EDIT)Whoops, this just got accepted. We need to talk this one over now.

6. Kombu and Spring Mustachio: Kombu Infinity has a High 8-C+ that many A-class used to scale to. Now just Spring Mustachio will downscale, lower into High 8-C, since he was able to parry and endure Kombu’s strikes physically for a considerable amount of time. Spring Mustachio scales far higher with Tomboy.
  • Therefore: Kombu does not change, and Spring Mustachio’s justification changes, Spring gets a “far higher with Tomboy” with new justification- A) harming garou and B) piercing Black Sperm
  • Who scales: Kombu and Spring Mustachio.
  • Addendum: Kombu Infinity’s feat has been recalced: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...finity_survives_an_attack_from_Saitama_Recalc. If this is accepted, we will need to discuss it.

7. Baseline demon tier- they’re getting a slight buff because of this 8-B tiger level calc: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Ourosboros/Sky_Folk_Explosions:_Tiger_Level_Feats. The sky folk should get their own page for scaling purposes, sandbox here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Ourosboros/sandbox.
  • Therefore: justifications will have to be changed for the baseline demons, like Great Food Tub, Pureblood, Scaledon, etc.
  • Addendum: The Sky-Folk need a page of their own

8. Near S-class tier: Heroes that are what you might call “above tiger” or “near s-class level” to quote Sitch, should obviously be a cut above tiger level, these are heroes who have been shown to be superior to tigers and even somewhat competitive with weaker demons. They should scale around the sky folk calc.
  • Therefore: high-end A-class level fighters will be 8-B.
  • Who scales: Zombieman’s physique (but not durability! His durability should be unknown to account for inconsistencies) downscales from Pureblood via their blade clashing, so he should be 8-B. Stinger and Lightning Genji were able to harm Grizzly Nyah, so they should downscale as well, Death Gatling, Great Philosopher and Heavy Tank Fundoshi/Magic Trick Man should also scale to lower end 8-B via being A) comparable to Stinger, B) superior to Stinger and C) near s-class level according to Sitch respectively. Lightning Max and Snek should also be 8-B, assuming each of the three crows is 1/3rd of baseline demon, because they one-shotted these crows and 1/3rd of 34 tons = 11 tons, baseline 8-B. Human Bakuzan should also scale, being a previous superfight winner and presumably superior to Snek (who usually comes in fourth).

Whew, that’s all the accepted changes that need to be implemented. Now for the...
Changes up for Debate
1. Baseline C-class tier: the weakest fighters in OPM, we haven't agreed whether they should be at least 9-C, upscaling from all the people who failed the HA test or if they should be 9-B, upscaling from Child Saitama.

2. Baseline Wolf tier: Same as C-class, baseline wolf level with upscale from wherever we scale baseline c-class.

3. EDIT: We need to talk about where Kombu Infinity and Spring Mustachio scale now. Which calc should we use?

Last edited:
Therefore: All featless Tigers and A-class are at least 9-B+, likely higher.
I think they should just be ‘At least 9-B+,’ the ‘likely higher’ would imply that they could possibly be another tier, but there isn’t really anything for that.

I think they should just be ‘At least 9-B+,’ the ‘likely higher’ would imply that they could possibly be another tier, but there isn’t really anything for that.
Piggy Bancon's feat is 1.7X away from baseline 9-A, so if tiger levels are that much stronger (which they should be since Piggy Bancon isn't even necessarily the most powerful wolf) then they are 9-A. A-class heroes need to be strong enough to defeat tigers consistently to be functional, so if the average mid-tiger is at least 1.7X stronger than Piggy Bancon, then they must be as well.

If I'm being honest, pretty much all a-class and tiger levels are going to come out to be 9-A. Look at Personification of A Pull Light Cord's feat here, , for example.

If they become straight up 9-A, then that’s fine, but in the scenario that they remain 9-B+, they should just be ‘At least 9-B+.’

Shouldn't Magic Trick Man be 8-B? He was lumped in with other A-Class who were said to have near S-Class level strength. Also Should Death Gatling be 9-A scaling above or near people like Wild Horn.
That's a good question. For some reason he's been at 9-A the whole time. To be honest, I forgot about him.

But yes, he should- unless someone knows why we put him at 9-A to begin with. I'll add him into the near-s-class tier.

As for Death Gatling, his physicals should be around Wild Horn but his Gatling gun is definitely higher. It's presumably at least on Stinger's level, since Stinger let Death Gatling do most of the attacking against Garou until he got baited into fighting.

Well that's quite a few people for 9-B wolf and c-class.

For 9-B: (5-6?) ImposingTiger, Tetsucabrah, Dual_Binoculars, Mista Clean and LordTracer... maybe El Beyonder, if you could clarify your position on 9-B c-class and wolf levels that would be great Beyonder.

Let me call in staff to review this.

While we wait for staff, I want to hear everyone's opinion on the Kombu Infinity recalc: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...finity_survives_an_attack_from_Saitama_Recalc

Should we replace the current one with it, or not? https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:KGiffoni/Kombu_survives_an_attack_from_Saitama

El Beyonder, you may want to talk about the merits of your recalc and what changes it contains.
1.Use 80% of voids, which is the norm for buildings, as opposed to the previous calculation which assumed 50% for no reason.
2.Use violent fragmentation, as there is no evidence of pulverization anywhere. You can clearly see that the edges are sunk inward because part of the wall was torn away and debris flew out in that direction, even in another scan you can see what appears to be the remains of the building on the ground.

Last edited:
Ouch, that's one heck of a fall
Yes, that is true. But the pixel scale of the original calculation was crazy, I don't know how nobody realized that that small section could not measure 10 meters, if that part measured 10 meters the door would measure about 4 meters approximately.

Magic Trick Man's performance against Garou was far worse than his two peers or even Golden Ball/Spring Mustachio.
I feel like he doesn't scale.

Since I am lowering the low levels of OPM I think for this feat you should assume it was Violent Fragmentation since you can see pieces of debris around Golden Ball, The dust you see there is a common thing that happens if you destroy a wall plus that dust seems to be dragged by Golden Ball after Kombu Infinity dragged it through the sewers. And the amount of debris you can see is consistent with the size of the crater.

Assuming FV the result would be: 5970702.6 Joules | 5970 Kilojoules (9-B)
It makes more sense for Golden Ball, a Hero who is not a melee fighter, to be 9-B than for him to be too close to Kombu Infinity's durability.

Last edited:
Magic Trick Man's performance against Garou was far worse than his two peers or even Golden Ball/Spring Mustachio.
I feel like he doesn't scale.
Worse? All the other A-class got no diffed and the only reason Golden Ball/Spring did so well is because they knew who Garou was and were able to surprise attack him in a dark confined alley.

For some reason, I've always found impressive Garou's feat or slicing in half the glass of beer Golden Ball was drinking. How fast does he need to be in order to do so?

I wouldn't call that a surprise attack. Garou tried to corner him while he was drunk.
Golden Ball attacked Garou when he was off guard just as he was turning around also Golden Ball faked not knowing who Garou was at first. Then Spring attacked Garou in the middle of him attacking Golden Ball. I'm pretty sure Garou was not expecting either of those things to happen.

For some reason, I've always found impressive Garou's feat or slicing in half the glass of beer Golden Ball was drinking. How fast does he need to be in order to do so?
I don't think it is really that fast, he could just be faster than Golden Ball, GB also didn't pay attention. I don't think it is nearly as impressive as Garou's feat of dodging Blue Fire and ripping his arm without him reacting to.

The thing is, his hand isn't a katana or something, it is actually soft and fat. To make a perfect cut with it must be hard.

That is not what I meant, as well as the fact we acn't calc anything about Garou chopping something as if his hand was a sharp knife, while his hand is actually a blunt object.

One is calcable, one is not

Garou chopping something as if his hand was a sharp knife, while his hand is actually a blunt object.
That's why I was saying it is impressive, because the speed at which he has to move the hand in order to make a clear cut, as if it were a sword, must be high.

maybe it can be calced.

Since the front of the building appears to be 6 meters I think it would be better to assume that the width has the same dimensions, that would improve the feat a bit but it would still be 9-A.

(440/146)*2.03 = 6.1178 meters

The result would be 0.0853 Tons of TNT.

6 meters for a 3 story (2.5 stories?) hole is still much too small. The stories may be shorter than the 4.3 meter average, but they can't be a little less than 2 meters each. You should scale from the height of a window instead, that would be more consistent

For example, a sliding window of this type ranges from 60-150 cm. These windows take up a considerably portion of each story, so 1 meter would be a good minimum height. 37px per window, 0.027m/px, 310 px crater height= 8.37 meter diameter, gives a height of 2.79 meters per story which is a bit short but not impossible.

For example, a sliding window of this type ranges from 60-150 cm. These windows take up a considerably portion of each story, so 1 meter would be a good minimum height. 37px per window, 0.027m/px, 310 px crater height= 8.37 meter diameter, gives a height of 2.79 meters per story which is a bit short but not impossible.
Using the windows would end up with the same results as the potty calculation with that door measuring about 4 meters.

The measurements of the building are:
Length: 6 meters
Width: 6 meters
Height: 7.39 meter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back