• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man Low Tier Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I should bring this up, before the low tiers scaled to the cop they used to scale to this calc of 12 year old Saitama. I feel like this should be the case again since I highly doubt a 12 year old is stronger than athletic adults.
Saitama was knocked out by this attack; Piggy Bacon one-shot him. I thought there was a thing against characters scaling to attacks that one-shot them.

Also, those same bullies that beat up Saitama were also casually ragdolled by Piggy Bacon.

The problem with that is that the monster that performed the feat, Piggy Bancon, is a stronger end wolf level threat and it's unclear whether weaker wolf level threats could replicate it. Could any c-class hero one-shot Saitama? Sure.

Could they one-shot him and create a crater of his size? Upper end B-class surely, but this attack is above the average c-class and wolf level pay grade, to say nothing about baseline c-class and wolf-level

Could they one-shot him and create a crater of his size? Upper end B-class surely, but this attack is above the average c-class and wolf level pay grade, to say nothing about baseline c-class and wolf-level
The feat isn't piggy bacon creating the crater, it's Saitama surviving a crater. They should upscale from saitama's durability and the the random bullies that beat up Saitama.

I mean, he did survive it. And I don't recall such a rule unless I'm missing something
It’s not a rule, it’s just kinda ehhhhhh

Although I’ve seen characters get scaled to attacks that mutilated them so ¯\(ツ)

Well, it personally feels like an outlier for base humans to be wall level in OPM, even if we're just talking durability. That poses issues like, if humans have 9-B durability on average, how did the mosquitoes pierce that guys skin? Do the mosquitoes have 9-B mouth AP? Why does anyone use pistols, does that mean humans are particularly weak to piercing damage but resist blunt force trauma? Unless there's a bunch of supporting evidence that your average OPM joe has durability on this level (as opposed to having 10-B durability), I would consider it an outlier.

That poses issues like, if humans have 9-B durability on average, how did the mosquitoes pierce that guys skin? Do the mosquitoes have 9-B mouth AP? Why does anyone use pistols, does that mean humans are particularly weak to piercing damage but resist blunt force trauma?
Unironically, yes.

Unironically, yes.
Unironically yes but we still do things differently on vsbattles, piercing damage will do more damage against a durable object than blunt force trauma, but if people were on average middle of the road 9-B, I bet getting shot with a pistol would feel more like a bee-sting and less like a potentially fatal wound.

Well, it personally feels like an outlier for base humans to be wall level in OPM, even if we're just talking durability. That poses issues like, if humans have 9-B durability on average, how did the mosquitoes pierce that guys skin? Do the mosquitoes have 9-B mouth AP? Why does anyone use pistols, does that mean humans are particularly weak to piercing damage but resist blunt force trauma? Unless there's a bunch of supporting evidence that your average OPM joe has durability on this level (as opposed to having 10-B durability), I would consider it an outlier.
I mean we have 12 year old Saitama surviving a 9-B attack, one of the bullies, the cop and adult pre training Saitama surviving multiple hits from Crablante. 3 out of 4 of those are for the most part normal people.

Unironically yes but we still do things differently on vsbattles, piercing damage will do more damage against a durable object than blunt force trauma, but if people were on average middle of the road 9-B, I bet getting shot with a pistol would feel more like a bee-sting and less like a potentially fatal wound.
From a logical standpoint, you would be correct. But you have to keep in mind that this is fiction, and fiction tends to treat bullets/knives/pointy things as being able to damage things and people that they logically shouldn’t. It doesn’t discredit something being a certain tier.

From a logical standpoint, you would be correct. But you have to keep in mind that this is fiction, and fiction tends to treat bullets/knives/pointy things as being able to damage things and people that they logically shouldn’t. It doesn’t discredit something being a certain tier.
Imagine if a verse was realistic with things like that and bullets would just bounce off 9-B characters.

I feel that its pretty consistent that Saitama as a 12 year old was able to walk off a 9-B attack then as a adult managed to survive several hits from Crablante who can break concrete. I think that we should just scale all the low tiers to being superior to pre training Saitama who at the time was just a ordinary guy. Also for A-class and tigers I think should be at least 9-B+ possibly 9-A via scaling above Piggey Bancon due to Piggey Bancon being able to take out several officers and needed special forces to be taken down. Also going by the HA standards 1 A-class is the equivalent of 5 B-class idk how much up scaling the would allow, but at least 1.5X. And maybe a possibly scaling to Wild Horn imo.

I think this is why we don't use guns for scaling. It just doesn't work within fiction.
Plenty of characters in fiction that have no business being hurt by gunfire always are.

Yeah, I don't think we draw references from gunfire very often as well. Like I've seen plenty of 9-A to 8-C characters being threatened by gunfire, while 9-B characters just tank it like a champ. Fiction isn't consistent with it

I'm pretty sure that was where it was stated, and all of the kings are the only demons in their clan

In favor: 8 Dareaper, Nullflowerblush (except for Child Emperor), kin201, ZoronotZolo, LordTracer, EmirpSumpto (except for Child Emperor), DarthSpiderr, Kachon

Neutral: 0

Against:
2 Dual Binoculars, Tetsucabrah, Imposing Tiger (proposed 9-B scaling for c-class, b-class and wolf levels)

Can I get some more information on who wants to scale the lowest-tiers to 9-B as opposed to at least 9-C and at least 9-C, likely higher?

I would like to state, although I am not able to vote, that I would be opposed to categorically scaling c-class and b-class and wolf levels to Saitama's durability as I consider those feats to be outlierish- we see OPM civilians killed by far less than 9-B attacks on a consistent basis. It would be nice to have B-class and wolf at wall level consistently, but I don't think this is the way to go about it.

Last edited:
Isamu should probably be rated as "At least 9-B, possibly far higher" instead of "At least 9-B, likely higher" or "At least 9-B, likely higher, possibly far higher" if you want to be obnoxious.
Child Emperor would be "at least 9-B+, possibly 8-B" as of now.

Last edited:
I will wait a day for further input before I call in a CGM and try and get everything applied (except for Child Emperor if that disagreement remains).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back