• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man Low Tier Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
In favor: 8 Dareaper, Tetsucabrah, Nullflowerblush (except for Child Emperor), kin201, ZoronotZolo, LordTracer, EmirpSumpto (except for Child Emperor), DarthSpiderr

Neutral:

Against: 1 Dual Binoculars (proposed 9-B scaling for c-class, b-class and wolf levels)

Can I get some more information on who wants to scale the lowest-tiers to 9-B as opposed to at least 9-C and at least 9-C, likely higher?

I would like to state, although I am not able to vote, that I would be opposed to categorically scaling c-class and b-class and wolf levels to Saitama's durability as I consider those feats to be outlierish- we see OPM civilians killed by far less than 9-B attacks on a consistent basis. It would be nice to have B-class and wolf at wall level consistently, but I don't think this is the way to go about it.
Add me for in favor please.

Child Emperor would be "at least 9-B+, likely higher, possibly 8-B" as of now.
Why not just ‘At least 9-B+, possibly 8-B?’ That looks so much better (plus you’re not really supposed to use ‘likely’ or ‘possibly’ twice in the same tier, you’d use ‘or’ instead).

Darkness Blade should be 9-B, that's fine and I will note that above. I do believe many b-class and wolf level threats are in 9-B.

Here's a compromise, how about we put all featless wolf and b-class heroes at "at least 9-C, likely 9-B"?

I agree that any qualified wolf or b-class hero could probably one-hit KO Saitama, but I still believe that Piggy Bancon is above average for wolf level and that the weakest wolf-level threats and b-class heroes would struggle to replicate it (I mean look at some of the confirmed wolf level monsters, they look pathetic).

Since most c-class heroes are weaker even than weak wolf-level threats like tongue stretcher, I would still prefer to scale the baseline c-class lower at "at least 9-C" I mean that they might legitimately struggle to one-shot Child Saitama if decently wolf-level strength is required.

As I've stated, I still think 8-B CE is wildly inflated, and even so, it should only scale to CE's durability. His AP and striking strength should be unknown

Also your C class proposal seems fine

I think both The Messenger Of The Seafolk and Piggy Bancon are the strongest wolf monsters in the series so far.

I think both The Messenger Of The Seafolk and Piggy Bancon are the strongest wolf monsters in the series so far.
I think the Messenger Of The Seafolk would be the strongest, but I'm willing to believe there are other wolf-level monsters on Piggy Bancon's level. Definitely above average though, he's a cut above the likes of Tongue Stretcher.

Darkness Blade should be 9-B, that's fine and I will note that above. I do believe many b-class and wolf level threats are in 9-B.

Here's a compromise, how about we put all featless wolf and b-class heroes at "at least 9-C, likely 9-B"?

I agree that any qualified wolf or b-class hero could probably one-hit KO Saitama, but I still believe that Piggy Bancon is above average for wolf level and that the weakest wolf-level threats and b-class heroes would struggle to replicate it (I mean look at some of the confirmed wolf level monsters, they look pathetic).

Since most c-class heroes are weaker even than weak wolf-level threats like tongue stretcher, I would still prefer to scale the baseline c-class lower at "at least 9-C" I mean that they might legitimately struggle to one-shot Child Saitama if decently wolf-level strength is required.
Here's the thing, Saitama who struggled to do his work out and is by all accounts a normal guy in OPM prior to removing his limiter should not be stronger than people that need to preform on the level of "one-in-a-thousand athletes". Here's my proposal: At least 9-C, Likely 9-B for all unproven Wolf, B and C-Class. I think this is best for now until we find more feats to scale them too.

Here's the thing, Saitama who struggled to do his work out and is by all accounts a normal guy in OPM prior to removing his limiter should not be stronger than people that need to preform on the level of "one-in-a-thousand athletes". Here's my proposal: At least 9-C, Likely 9-B for all unproven Wolf, B and C-Class. I think this is best for now until we find more feats to scale them too.
He has 9-B durability, but does he have 9-B AP? We could scale their durability, but I don't recall him doing any 9-B AP feats pre-training. And the 9-B durability feat one-shot him, so heroes and monsters can still scale a couple times above him AP-wise without being able to replicate the 9-B feat.

He has 9-B durability, but does he have 9-B AP? We could scale their durability, but I don't recall him doing any 9-B AP feats pre-training. And the 9-B durability feat one-shot him, so heroes and monsters can still scale a couple times above him AP-wise without being able to replicate the 9-B feat.
I was more referring to his fight with Crablante in which he took multiple hits and kept fighting until he scored his lucky shot. Also the teenagers who beat up Saitama took a direct hit from Piggy Bancon and got back up while Saitama got one shot. So 9-B durabilty and ap for the bullies. Also unless its contradicted I don't see why we would not scale his durability to his ap.

I don't think Piggy Bancon is made to be that much of an outstanding wolf. He beat some police that's about it.
Even Tongue Stretcher is said to be able to overpower multiple grown men. The angry grandpa also beat some police iirc.

I did a little digging and found out through the OPM wiki that Angry Grandpa a monster from a audio book that fought Mumen could punch holes in the ground and destroy concrete. Mumen could fight and hurt Angry Grandpa despite all that and it being almost immune to bullets.

I did a little digging and found out through the OPM wiki that Angry Grandpa a monster from a audio book that fought Mumen could punch holes in the ground and destroy concrete. Mumen could fight and hurt Angry Grandpa despite all that and it being almost immune to bullets.
That's all potentially 9-B feats, even 9-A for all I know, but without a given width we can only say "possibly 9-B" because the holes could be too tiny for 9-B or too large for 9-B.

Being immune to small arms fire suggests 9-B potentially, but same situation there.

Returning to the idea of upscaling all the lowest tiers based on Child Saitama's durability feat...

I believe that there is a considerable difference between the baseline of each class/threat-level, and so I am not ready to say the weakest c-class/b-class heroes and wolf level monsters are all definitively 9-B because Child Saitama and some bullies survived hits from Piggy Bancon. We see civilians in OPM typically killed by things like falling rubble and mosquitoes, 9-B tiering being common among civilians is problematic and raises the floor of the verse and could lead to issues where if the bullies are 9-B, that must mean that physically weaker characters like the HA worker and Fubuki in the numbers chapter are 9-B and therefore things that would normally be 9-B in our world must be 9-A or higher (like the bear and handgun fire) to pose the same relative danger they do in the OPM world.

And that is a huge assumption to stake on Piggy Bancon not killing three schoolchildren. It also creates the same issue we started with where all the baseline c-b/wolves are seemingly on par when we know that's not the case from everything in verse- if it took a stronger wolf level to KO Saitama in that fashion, a weak c-class hero could not scale to it in a meaningful way. I would be willing for a "Likely 9-B" for most wolf levels, but that is it.

Bump.

Aside from a minor issue regarding Child Emperor, the conversation now hinges or whether we should A) scale all C/B/wolves above Saitama's durability at 9-B or B) scale B-class and wolves at "at least 9-C, likely 9-B" and C-class at "at least 9-C".

I see that Dual_Binoculars, Tetsucabrah and ImposingTiger seem to prefer the former 9-B scaling whereas Emirp seems to be fine with the latter scaling. As the thread creator my opinion does not count in either direction. If you still believe scaling everyone to 9-B to be best, then I amend the proposed changes to reflect that with further input.

The tiger level through baseline demon changes may be implemented with staff approval, since there seem to be no objections on that front.

Just did. I think other than who scales to 9-B kid Saitama and what does CE scale to I think we're done with the rest?

Before that I have one question why would Spring Mustachio be 8-C, High 8-C with Tomboy? Shouldn't he just be High 8-C higher with Tomboy? Since he managed to fight Kombu Infinity for a while its not like Kombu is baseline High 8-C he's High 8-C+ so I think Spring should just downscale.

Overall I agree with the suggestions.

Angry Grandpa is also why Rider was rated at 9-B in the first place, since bullets didn't harm him but Rider couldn't make him yell in pain from his punches.

Angry Grandpa is also why Rider was rated at 9-B in the first place, since bullets didn't harm him but Rider couldn't make him yell in pain from his punches.
What is your opinion on scaling low tiers to young Saitama or pre training Saitama?

So being bulletproof can be used as justification for 9-B? I asked this earlier and was told that it could not be used in this way. Is there precedent outside of OPM where this has been used for a rating?

Young Saitama is something, but Pre-Training Saitama I find a bit weird. Like he seems better than normal, but at the same time he only really survived Crablante due to a really exploitable weakness.

I'd agree that everyone scales to Young Saitama, I'd only really be okay with high B or A-Class scaling to Pre-Training Saitama.
So being bulletproof can be used as justification for 9-B? I asked this earlier and was told that it could not be used in this way.
Its a bit weird since piercing damage in fiction is treated like armor negating attacks at times. But someone shrugging off a high end 9-C attack with no damage and then being injured by a punch suggests 9-B.

What are your thoughts on CE?
Personally I think he should just scale to 8-B, though that could be the webcomic statement about him defeating the Disciples bleeding back in. Generally though he's speed is shown to be hilariously good and him being stronger than Stinger shouldn't be a massive claim to make.

The Evil Natural Water vs Child Emperor chapters are going to get tweaked so it’s not unlikely for the statement to come back.

Young Saitama is something, but Pre-Training Saitama I find a bit weird. Like he seems better than normal, but at the same time he only really survived Crablante due to a really exploitable weakness.

I'd agree that everyone scales to Young Saitama, I'd only really be okay with high B or A-Class scaling to Pre-Training Saitama.

Its a bit weird since piercing damage in fiction is treated like armor negating attacks at times. But someone shrugging off a high end 9-C attack with no damage and then being injured by a punch suggests 9-B.
Okay, great. I believe I originally proposed Wolf and B-classes would be 9-B. We can scale Mumen to 9-B then, I will note this. Mumen seems to be wolf-level generally so C-class and baseline wolf shouldn't scale (there may be wolf levels weaker then him and most c-class are just not on his level). However... we could separate the b-class and wolf tiers and move baseline b-class up to 9-B, justification being mumen refuses to move up because he's knows he not strong enough, all b-class are going to be on his level and most will be a cut-above at what we would call high-mid wolf in vernacular. My proposition then being...

baseline C-class level: At least 9-C

baseline Wolf level: At least 9-C, likely 9-B

baseline B-class level: 9-B (equal or superior to Mumen Rider)

If we want to scale all the durability to 9-B, I can concede that, but kid Saitama only has durability feats, we don't see any AP or lifting strength from him above 10-C. It's not like Kid Saitama could punch a hole in concrete or throw a car so therefore all c-class should be above that.

The Evil Natural Water vs Child Emperor chapters are going to get tweaked so it’s not unlikely for the statement to come back.
If they do that just makes scaling Child Emperor very simple. I'm still eh on scaling Child Emperor to baseline demon since he hasn't shown any hand-to-hand AP on that level, but he does have some good durability )against Phoenix Man and Jumping Spide) and reaction feats so low-demon AP is not unprecedented.

Can u show scans for EC ever physically ranking attacks from monsters? Because he's never done that without gadgets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back