• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man Low Tier Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
INTRODUCTION

So… it’s time to revise the lower tiers. There are few problems with the current scaling. Namely, many heroes are lumped in the same tier, putting the likes of base Gearsper and Golden Ball side by side with every monster from Tongue-Stretcher to Personification of A Light Pull cord, when it is clear from the feats and in-verse scaling that there are substantial differences between these tiers. Plus, there are a few new calcs to consider for A-class level.

The biggest problem with low-tier current scaling is that it throws c-class, b-class, most wolf levels, most tiger levels and even some a-class all in the same 9-A tier for the same reason: they should all upscale from a police officer, who survived this 9-B+ feat. (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:TheRustyOne/One_Punch_Man:_Surprise_Attack).

It also groups many relatively unproven A-class heroes into High 8-C, implying they are all at least comparable to Kombu Infinity. I strongly doubt this is the case for many of the heroes currently in High 8-C, given how Kombu Infinity easily crushed a decent A-class hero like Golden Ball.

The first problem with that is that we never did upscaling that way, the feat in question one-shotted a police officer- if we upscale characters from that attack we are not only saying they can all one-shot any given police officer but also that they scale even higher. I don’t think every c-class hero could one-shot a police officer with a fraction of their power, we know that a stronger wolf-level threat like Piggy Bancon was capable of such a thing (and not with so much ease) so characters below that level should not be considered equal, let alone considerably superior to the feat.

For tiger level threats and a-class heroes, I could understand that logic but that leads into the second problem: there’s a clear difference between your average featless c-class hero and your average featless tiger, putting all these groups in the same tier is categorically misleading.

Let's get into the five main low-level tiers and their suggested new rankings.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TIERS

Baseline C-class level: at least 9-C.
(Justification)- Even the weakest c-class heroes had to pass the hero exam, outperforming hundreds or even thousands of athletic humans- so it is not enough to be an average weightlifter or street boxer, you need to be a one-in-a-thousand athlete. All c-class heroes are also expected to handle low level criminals on a weekly basis in order to maintain their ranking and Mid-ranked c-class heroes like Suspenders and D-pad have been shown outmaneuvering and overpowering multiple athletic criminals at the same time.)
(Who scales)- Base Gearsper, Tanktop Tiger, Armored Chief Clerk

Baseline Wolf and B-class level: At least 9-C, likely 9-B.
(Justification)- Categorically superior to C-class heroes, wolf level threats pose a threat to entire groups of civilians and pose difficulties for the police, some wolf level threats have shown to be bullet-resistant (Angry Grandpa). Most B-class and wolf levels are likely to be 9-B because: both Piggy Bancon and the Deep Sea Messenger have 9-B feats, Darkness blade is comparable to a massive bear which is also wall level and any characters almost comparable to Piggy Bancon would be able to KO child saitama who had 9-B durability. B-class heroes must be at least as strong as the weakest Wolf level threats to function as heroes. Not all wolf-level threats and b-class heroes can replicate Surprise Attack Plum's feat of KOing cops, at least that's not proven. A stronger wolf level, Piggy Bancon, managed to do so but there's no guarantee Tongue Stretcher or other wolf levels could.
(Who scales)- Tongue Stretcher, Tanktop Black Hole, Lily, Mumen Rider (via his performance against wolf-level angry grandpa in the audiobooks).

Darkness Blade should be 9-B, via being comparable to a very large bear in the numbers chapter (759 Darkness blade vs 901 bear). Considerably weaker polar bears are 9-B.

Piggy Bancon should be downgraded to 9-B+, he did knock out some police officers but should not scale above Surprise Attack Plum.

Baseline Tiger and A-class level: at least 9-B+, likely higher.
(Justification)- Tiger level monsters are categorically superior to wolf level threats like Piggy Bancon and the Sea Folk Messenger. A-class heroes must be capable of engaging and defeating tiger level threats on a daily basis.
(Who scales)- Personification of A Pull-Light Cord for tiger levels, Narcisstoic, One-Shotter, Shadow Ring, Golden Ball, Feather, Needlestar, Captain Mizuki, Chain-N-Toad. Child Emperor’s physicals should also be in this tier, but with a possibly 8-B since the Okame mask rated him as superior to Stinger (this is a “possibly” because the mask accounts for physical AND mental development).

Doubtlessly there are multiple a-class feats that reach into 9-A, so it will be worth calcing various feats to definitively upgrade some of these characters.

Superfight level: No major changes at present for superfight exclusive characters, but there is a recalc pending here that may change that if evaluated: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:El_Beyonder//_One_Punch_Man_-_Dave_makes_a_big_crater. Bakuzan should upscale to the new near-s-class level tier.

Kombu Level: Spring Mustachio’s tier should be changed to 8-C, High 8-C with tomboy (strong enough to deflect Kombu normally for a time, able to pierce Kombu Infinity with Tomboy)

Now for the baseline demons, they’re getting a slight buff because of this 8-B tiger level calc: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Ourosboros/Sky_Folk_Explosions:_Tiger_Level_Feats. The sky folk should get their own page for scaling purposes, sandbox here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Ourosboros/sandbox.

So the justifications will have to be changed for the baseline demons, like Great Food Tub, Pureblood, Scaledon, etc.

Near-S-class Level: 8-B
Heroes that are what you might call “above tiger” or “near s-class level” to quote Sitch, should obviously be a cut above tiger level, these are heroes who have been shown to be superior to tigers and even somewhat competitive with weaker demons.
(Who scales?) Zombieman’s physique (but not durability! His durability should be unknown to account for inconsistencies) downscales from Pureblood via their blade clashing, so he should be 8-B. Stinger and Lightning Genji were able to harm Grizzly Nyah, so they should downscale as well, Great Philosopher and Heavy Tank Fundoshi should also scale to lower end 8-B via being A) superior to Stinger and B) near s-class level according to Sitch respectively. Lightning Max and Snek should also be 8-B, assuming each of the three crows is 1/3rd of baseline demon, because they one-shotted these crows and 1/3rd of 34 tons = 11 tons, baseline 8-B. Human Bakuzan should also scale, being a previous superfight winner and presumably superior to Snek (who usually comes in fourth).

Last edited:
I agree with all of this except Lightning Max and Snek. The 3 crows are such a weird case that I don't think they should fully scale to baseline demon over defeating them.
Maybe scale them to 1/3rd of baseline demon?

I agree with all of this except Lightning Max and Snek. The 3 crows are such a weird case that I don't think they should fully scale to baseline demon over defeating them.
Maybe scale them to 1/3rd of baseline demon?
1/3rd of Baseline demon by this proposition (34 tons) would technically be 11 tons and still 8-B, so they'd just be different levels of 8-B

would this feat get any results? An explosion that slightly goes over a small apartment building. I counted 5-6 floors.

Drive Knight claims the leader of this small group of monsters (the one that also seemingly causes the explosion) is a tiger "at best" meaning it's probably a slightly above average tiger level threat.

It would likely give decent results, but I do not have time to properly calc it now. I hope that the others will see this and maybe Life of King or Usklaverei will be interested in it, provided it would give an upgrade.

Child Emperor’s physicals should also be in this tier, but with a possibly 8-B since the Okame mask rated him as superior to Stinger (this is a “possibly” because the mask accounts for physical AND mental development).
Isamu stated that the mask analyzed one's muscle mass, neuron development, and weight distribution in order to roughly estimate their physical ability. Neurons do not necessarily influence intelligence, rather the processing speed of their brain; i.e., their reaction timing. When Sitch scanned him and voiced his shock, Isamu commented that he worked out, so him being smarter than Stinger is not the reason why his power level is higher.

He also has better feats than Stinger to back this up, like reacting to and evading Evil Natural Water's attacks, something that even Iaian finds himself struggling to do.

I agree with everything else, though.

Isamu stated that the mask analyzed one's muscle mass, neuron development, and weight distribution in order to roughly estimate their physical ability. Neurons do not necessarily influence intelligence, rather the processing speed of their brain; i.e., their reaction timing. When Sitch scanned him and voiced his shock, Isamu commented that he worked out, so him being smarter than Stinger is not the reason why his power level is higher.

He also has better feats than Stinger to back this up, like reacting to and evading Evil Natural Water's attacks, something that even Iaian finds himself struggling to do.

I agree with everything else, though.
So he's only considered superior in speed and not AP?

no, in everything.
Again, Isamu attributes his high power level to the fact that he regularly trains, so we can reasonably assume that a sizeable portion of his power level is his physical ability.

He still says "in my case" during the omai mask session tho. Implying he is an exception. Not only that, but the make is stated to be unreliable.

As well a sthe fact CE himself has shown no feats anywhere near that of tier 8

I hate when you guys do this. Stop saying something is entirely unreliable when it's only shown to be unreliable on a case by case base.
Throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

It would only be unreliable in Child Emperor's case if the score is slanted by pure brain development that doesn't correspond to physical ability, which come to think about shouldn't be too much of a difference.

My girlfriend is getting her doctorate in neurochemistry, let me ask her about this first.

Last edited:
Just to make it more clear, I agree with all other than CE.

Zombieman's durability becomes "Unknown" I presume?

Just to make it more clear, I agree with all other than CE.

Zombieman's durability becomes "Unknown" I presume?
I would say so. His durability is really inconsistent in order to show off his regen. At times, he can survive multiple homeless orbs intact and at other times, he takes serious damage from what I can only assume are tiger levels.

My girlfriend is getting her doctorate in neurochemistry, let me ask her about this first.
Isamu stated that the mask analyzed one's muscle mass, neuron development, and weight distribution in order to roughly estimate their physical ability. Neurons do not necessarily influence intelligence, rather the processing speed of their brain; i.e., their reaction timing.
While the phrase "neuron development" may be poorly translated, she thinks this use of "neuron development" may refer to long-term potentiation as it relates to mental capacity. That would be less related to reflexes (although it might help) and more related to general intelligence. Leaning into her judgment, I stick by my current proposal.

Plus Child Emperor has precious few physical feats (outside of reaction and movement), he's survived getting hit by Phoenix Man and Jumping Spider but not done anything that would justify an 8-B or near demon rating from an AP or durability perspective afaik

Can we also throw in suiryu and choze to downgrade?
I would be against it- this CRT is all about low level tiers (baseline demon at max), and Suiryu and Choze are high demons. Besides, where would you propose downgrading them to? That could start a debate here that might distract from the original proposition... depending on how popular the change is.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that the point of CE, since we like using narrative in order to justify ratings, is that he's physically weak and needs gadgets and his brains in order to fight. It's nonsensical if he could just physically bust monsters on his own.

Also I'm pretty sure 9-B should only scale to his dura and not his AP or striking strength

I would be against it- this CRT is all about low level tiers (baseline demon at max), and Suiryu and Choze are high demons. Besides, where would you propose downgrading them to? That could start a debate here that might distract from the original proposition... depending on how popular the change is.
Maybe just another time. I'll make it after this is done

Plus Child Emperor has precious few physical feats (outside of reaction and movement), he's survived getting hit by Phoenix Man and Jumping Spider but not done anything that would justify an 8-B or near demon rating from an AP or durability perspective afaik
didn't spiderino blitz and one-shot stinger?

didn't spiderino blitz and one-shot stinger?
I don't recall him getting physically hit by either without gadgets, could you show scans?

Plus even if so, it should only scale to his durability and not his AP
Yeah. Child Emperor didn't physically take hit from them. Spiderino blitzes and one-shots two A-Class heroes including Stinger at the same time. Even Child Emperor praises its speed, I think its speed should scale to Child Emperor's reaction somewhat. Do you think it is plausible to say it is possible for Spiderino to be pMassively Hypersonic?

I don't recall him getting physically hit by either without gadgets, could you show scans?

Plus even if so, it should only scale to his durability and not his AP
Resurrected PM hit him when he was using gadgets (no way he would have survived without them, but PM is a dragon at that point after all).

I was looking at the chapter where the spider demon hit him (he used his backpack to block) and look at this. We could use that explosion in the background to calculate Child Emperor's Durability. https://i0.wp.com/*************/img4/2020-11-26/429491/page-20.jpg.

Yeah, Jumping Spider's speed will change to:

• At least Supersonic (As a Demon level threat he should be superior to Kombu Infinity. Easily dodged Stinger, Great Philosopher and Red Muffler's attacks before they had a chance to touch him), possibly Massively Hypersonic (Suprised Child Emperor with its speed)

Since it should not make sense for a character with Supersonic speed to surprise a character with MHS speed. Does anyone have any objections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back