• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man Low Tier Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scans for the Phoenix man feat? I'm pretty sure that's only 9-B.

Also it's better to have a proper calc for the 9-A feat

Scans for the Phoenix man feat? I'm pretty sure that's only 9-B.

Also it's better to have a proper calc for the 9-A feat
The Phoenix Man feat probably is 9-B, but I thought we were discussing justification for Child Emperor having impressive durability that would lend credence to an 8-B rating, not calcable feats that would justify an 8-B feat.

Superalloy Darkshine is probably the only guy with calcable feats that support at least 8-B durability, there aren't tons of good durability feats like that in OPM for heroes now that I think about it. Guys like Atomic and Flashy Flash have never tanked attacks with huge, calcable AOE

The Phoenix Man feat probably is 9-B, but I thought we were discussing justification for Child Emperor having impressive durability that would lend credence to an 8-B rating, not calcable feats that would justify an 8-B feat.

Superalloy Darkshine is probably the only guy with calcable feats that support at least 8-B durability, there aren't tons of good durability feats like that in OPM for heroes now that I think about it. Guys like Atomic and Flashy Flash have never tanked attacks with huge, calcable AOE
That's not the point. AM and FF have their rating because their Durability scales to their AP by default. They have also tanked attacks from characters around their AP level. AOE isn't everything

CE has never shown this before. He has never shown his own physical feats around 8-B, and the only thing scaling him to 8-B is wonky.

And Luke I said, considering we like using the while narrative argument. The whole narrative of CE is that he's an incredibly smart individual who can conjure up tactics and gadgets with his quick thinking.

Him being able to just physically beat monsters on his own kinda goes against what he has shown thus far

That's not the point. AM and FF have their rating because their Durability scales to their AP by default. They have also tanked attacks from characters around their AP level. AOE isn't everything

CE has never shown this before. He has never shown his own physical feats around 8-B, and the only thing scaling him to 8-B is wonky.

And Luke I said, considering we like using the while narrative argument. The whole narrative of CE is that he's an incredibly smart individual who can conjure up tactics and gadgets with his quick thinking.

Him being able to just physically beat monsters on his own kinda goes against what he has shown thus far
In the webcomic he was perfectly able to physically beat monsters up to demon level (really hurt PPP with a single punch, physically outperformed the disciples), even if that went against his character. His manga version seems to be less physically competent, but despite his relative weakness he has some physically impressive feats. His durability feat against Jumping Spider was 9-A and that whole sequence made him look decently a-class level. The entire Numbers bonus chapter makes a narrative case for Child Emperor to be decently a-class level, he doesn't even bring his gadgets into play until the fighting is already over. I'm personally ambivalent on whether child Emperor is low-end a-class (9-A) or high-end a-class (8-B) or somewhere in between.

Besides, I'm fine with the 9-B+, possibly 8-B rating as it is, I believe I was the one who proposed that. Perhaps the ENW redraw will show us more of CE's physical capabilities.

If it is alright, I am going to do Spring Mustachio's stats a bit differently. I will still downscale his regular stats to 8-C, but Nichirin explained in chapter 146 that 'the penetrating power of his attacks is so great he can't attack horizontally in populated areas" and that he is content to stay in low a-class because of this, implying that he is much more powerful. Given his performances with tomboy against Kombu Infinity, where he pierced cleanly through the Kombu and would have killed him, Garou, where he pierced through Garou's hand and might have otherwise killed him and Black Sperm, where he pierced cleanly through hordes of black sperm.

If there are no objections, Spring Mustachio will instead be "8-C, far higher with Tomboy"

If it is alright, I am going to do Spring Mustachio's stats a bit differently. I will still downscale his regular stats to 8-C, but Nichirin explained in chapter 146 that 'the penetrating power of his attacks is so great he can't attack horizontally in populated areas" and that he is content to stay in low a-class because of this, implying that he is much more powerful. Given his performances with tomboy against Kombu Infinity, where he pierced cleanly through the Kombu and would have killed him, Garou, where he pierced through Garou's hand and might have otherwise killed him and Black Sperm, where he pierced cleanly through hordes of black sperm.

If there are no objections, Spring Mustachio will instead be "8-C, far higher with Tomboy"
no objections here.

One question, why are we assuming Spring Mustachio hasn’t gotten any stronger since he lost to Kombu?
Imo he should scale to baseline demon now. And still get “far higher with Tomboy”

One question, why are we assuming Spring Mustachio hasn’t gotten any stronger since he lost to Kombu?
Imo he should scale to baseline demon now. And still get “far higher with Tomboy”
What confirmation do we have that Spring Mustachio's base attacks have increased in strength, and is it quantifiable? Tomboy is at least demon, sure, but I don't recall any durability feats or AP feats with his normal attacks on that level. I think he might have gotten stronger, but I know of nothing concrete to support that notion- he got floored by Garou when Garou hit him IIRC

Is kombu no longer high 8-C? Spring should just downscale from Kombu with a higher with tomboy.
I don't remember Spring Mustachio doing any damage to Kombu's tentacles without tomboy, but I suppose if we scale Kombu's AP to its durability, then Spring Mustachio would downscale into high 8-C

Also I think that Spring Mustachio should have a different key for the MA arc.
Could you elaborate why you think he's stronger and provide proofs? If you can make a clear case I would support it. But like I said, I don't know of any conclusive evidence for that at this point.

Alright I think I was just high off hype when I said he should be baseline demon level.
I stand by him having a new key for the MA arc though, he clearly doesn't seem to be the same level he was before.

Alright I think I was just high off hype when I said he should be baseline demon level.
I stand by him having a new key for the MA arc though, he clearly doesn't seem to be the same level he was before.
What would his new key be though? At least 8-C? That could work, but perhaps you had something else in mind.

Spring mustachio could harm garou with his rapier, that should justify far higher. Same goes for golden ball
021.jpg

Rumor arc Spring Mustachio will be 8-C or whatever he downscales to, you'll have to explain how you're doing that to me, and High 8-C with Tomboy.
I'm not fully sure what to scale his second key too. I would argue he's above/comparable to Heavy Tank Fundonshi considering he had a better performance against Garou but idk.

Bump. I'm implementing all changes from b-class to baseline demon. Since Mumen Rider is going to be 9-B, I've come around to making all B-class categorically 9-B. Most people seem to be arguing for 9-B scaling for them anyways, albeit for different reasons.

How does this sound for wolf level: "at least 9-C, possibly 9-B"? I'll hold off on implementing c-class and featless wolf levels until we have an agreement there.

^Sounds good, also the sea folk are class 25 right? Stinger overpowered several of them so should he scale to them in lifting strength and higher A-Class also scale to them?

I remember Stinger pierced through them, I don't remember him grappling with them or engaging with them in a contest of strength so I would need to see something of that sort before I support changing upper a-class LS.

At best you could argue Stinger scales to the Smelly lid prisoners who bend steel bars.
Although there’s nothing concrete there either.

Conveniently, El Beyonder did a calc for Golden Ball's durability. I would argue all physical A-class heroes should scale/upscale, because Golden Ball doesn't even fight with his body- so he doesn't need to have A-class durability whereas they all do in order to beat Tiger levels.

Hopefully the 610 j/ccm end gets accepted and we can get 9-A a-class

Like I said, we should start calcing A-class level feats so we can scale more accurately. I just calced Jet Drive Straight at 9-A, so most support members are going to be 9-A if it's accepted. However, we will need to make a profile for Jet Nice Guy.

Thank you El Beyonder. Let us get these evaluated, then the tiering for most of the Superfight fighters will change and Spring Mustachio/Kombu Infinity's tier will change.

My one contention is that Piko is a B class hero and has to be above a regular human, since he wouldn’t be able to pass the hero exam.

Speaking about that feat, Dave crushed the martial artist Rosie and not the b-class hero Piko. They look similar but they're different characters. I could be wrong, but I think Rosie had to be some level of superhuman in order to gain acceptance to Superfight in the first place.

Otherwise, I agree with your logic Tetsucabrah.

My one contention is that Piko is a B class hero and has to be above a regular human, since he wouldn’t be able to pass the hero exam.
How do we know that you have to be superior to a normal human to pass the physical exam?
He could have been approved as a hero because of his intelligence or because he would have some special ability, something like Bufoi.

Speaking about that feat, Dave crushed the martial artist Rosie and not the b-class hero Piko. They look similar but they're different characters. I could be wrong, but I think Rosie had to be some level of superhuman in order to gain acceptance to Superfight in the first place.

Otherwise, I agree with your logic Tetsucabrah.
I refer to the second feat found in the first blog.

How do we know that you have to be superior to a normal human to pass the physical exam?
He could have been approved as a hero because of his intelligence or because he would have some special ability, something like Bufoi.
His specialty is videogames lol.
That wouldn’t net him anything on the exam.

even someone like Sekingar who is strong enough to haul like 10 people on his back and doesn’t seem to be dumb failed the exam.

even someone like Sekingar who is strong enough to haul like 10 people on his back and doesn’t seem to be dumb failed the exam.
Actually now that I think about it, Sekingar was carrying 5 athletic guys who tend to vary in height from 170 to 180 cm by himself. If you lowball his LS with the weight of an average japanese male he has an LS of 312kg (Peak human of course)

The written exam also seems to be quite decisive in order to be a hero, for something Bofoi who does not seem to be stronger than Sekingar managed to be an S-class hero.

Conveniently, El Beyonder did a calc for Golden Ball's durability. I would argue all physical A-class heroes should scale/upscale, because Golden Ball doesn't even fight with his body- so he doesn't need to have A-class durability whereas they all do in order to beat Tiger levels.

Hopefully the 610 j/ccm end gets accepted and we can get 9-A a-class
I just think why should we assume that the wall is made with reinforced concrete if you don't see the typical reinforcing bars anywhere, plus the nearby buildings only seem to have reinforced concrete on the floor and roof, as you can see in this image.

Apart from the fact that rebar reinforced concrete is mainly used in the structural field to build columns, beams and foundations.

Bof
The written exam also seems to be quite decisive in order to be a hero, for something Bofoi who does not seem to be stronger than Sekingar managed to be an S-class hero.
Bofoy also has insane weaponry and has built most of the hero association’s technology. I don’t think he’s the right example to disprove my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back