• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man General CRT

I'm pretty unless it's an established to be a special move that's above their regular attacks, he shouldn't get the higher.

It'll take me awhile to respond. But at the moment I definently disagree with some of the proposals here.

Removing the "Possibly" and making it a solid 7-A+ because Metal Knight implied only a sample of EC's shell could be useful for weapons developement, and stated his missiles couldn't scartch it. In this hypothetical picture, MK is shown attacking his own HQs, being able to damage it after a bombardment. MK had more missiles when fighting EC but refused to keep trying because as he said, he can't break his armour, eventhough he desires a sample to improve his weapons.
The scaling here I don't agree with. Metal Knight's entire weapon fleet can damage City A, but the important bit is that there's no indication that they do so in one shot. You see various explosions on City A but nothing is damaged or cracked. An artillery bombardment does not need to be 7-B to destroy a city, just fire enough 9-A to 8-C weapons will do the job given enough time.
Melzalgard briefly knocked out Bang in Alien Conqueror's arc.
He did not knock out Bang. Dude got right back up and took off his shirt. Hitting someone and moving them =/= upscaling to them. Bang weighs less than 200 pounds, as long as you're strong enough not to have your arm shatter when hitting him you'll be able to move Bang.

A prime example is that Carnage Kabuto could ragdoll Saitama despite being unable to actually harm him.

Though the power increase with the fusion is probably something that can be noted.
Base Gyoro Gyoro could be scaled higher than HM Garou and Pre Molt EC because she says that is the power that surpasses Tatsumaki,
Psykos is confident on defeating Tatsumaki, which destroyed Multi-Eye puppet, and sees herself on a whole other level compared to her previous form. She also thought she could control Orochi to make him a vessel (the suppressed Orochi she knew of), Orochi being stated to be the strongestmonster of the MA several times. This should put her above all the cadres except Homeless Emperor and Black Sperm, which she could not sense the power of.
Yeah I'm completely against this. This is like taking Doctor Doom's speeches at face value and running with it. Psykos is an egomaniacal psychopath who believes she's superior to everyone and everything. She's about as reliable as I would be in describing the political situation in Kazakhstan, i.e. totally unreliable.
AP should be scaled to durability
It should not without evidence.
In Elder Centipede's profile, it says: "should scale to his durability" in reference to his Attack Potency.
This has always been wrong and is never a justification. This should be entirely removed from his justification.
  • Removing possibly 7-A+.
Against
  • Bang, Bomb and Rover all scale higher than Darkshine in AP.
Iffy on this.
  • 5 heads Melzalgard scales to AB Bang.
Fine with
  • Psykos scales above Rover.
Against
  • Armored Boros gets 6-A AP preferably.
Against

The scaling here I don't agree with. Metal Knight's entire weapon fleet can damage City A, but the important bit is that there's no indication that they do so in one shot. You see various explosions on City A but nothing is damaged or cracked. An artillery bombardment does not need to be 7-B to destroy a city, just fire enough 9-A to 8-C weapons will do the job given enough time.
In this case, we might need to downgrade his arsenal.

He did not knock out Bang. Dude got right back up and took off his shirt. Hitting someone and moving them =/= upscaling to them. Bang weighs less than 200 pounds, as long as you're strong enough not to have your arm shatter when hitting him you'll be able to move Bang.
One head Melzalgard is scaled to Pre Molt Ec via Bang, I just used it. And isn't there an OVA with SF and AS where it's implied he took damage from Melz's hit?

Fine with
We have some members against it, you are the only one who agrees with it. Idk what to do.
Iffy on this.
Well, this has been more or less agreed in general, I guess we can apply it.

People have been neutral on Boros and Psykos, Tracer has agreed with them both. How do I decide if an opinion is more worthy than other one?

OVA with SF and AS where it's implied he took damage from Melz's hit?
Only a few OVAs are considered canon to the manga.

only that he accomplished more than EC did to a weakened Bang/Bomb
I don't think he did anything more than what EC did. Both knocked them back and with EC Bang at least considered going 100% with using his breath technique.

Only a few OVAs are considered canon to the manga.

I don't think he did anything more than what EC did. Both knocked them back and with EC Bang at least considered going 100% with using his breath technique.
Then why do you agree with Melz scaling to AB Bang?

You see he's incapacitated at least for a couple seconds.
Being punched away isn't evidence that they scale to their AP. Like I mentioned Carnage Kabuto and other villains like Boros or Beefcake are able to move Saitama, that doesn't mean they scale to his power. PPP could grab his tentacles and hold them down, so I'm not seeing him significantly above any of the lower S-Class.
After he molted.
True.

Being punched away isn't evidence that they scale to their AP. Like I mentioned Carnage Kabuto and other villains like Boros or Beefcake are able to move Saitama, that doesn't mean they scale to his power. PPP could grab his tentacles and hold them down, so I'm not seeing him significantly above any of the lower S-Class.
He wasn't just punched away, he was down and out for a bit.

The OVA implied Bang took some form of damage, although nothing actually series. Which is why the individual Melzalgald is listed as At most 7-A

It didn't really do any damage, but still had more effect than EC and didn't just send him flying. He was incapacitated for at least a bit as you can see by the previous panel.

In all honesty, at most 7-A is kind of bs. We should probably remove that part.

EC actually hurt Bang (and Bomb) though, I wouldn’t say Melz had more of an effect.

He just performed a move that drains his stamina like a siv, but I'll just concede here.

What rating should Melz be?

Ok, I'm going to try to conclude things. If anyone wants to give their input, they are on time.

Removing possibly 7-A+.
Agree: Dual Binoculars, Quangotjokes, LordTracer, Emirp Sumitpo, Imposing Tiger, Kachon123
Neutral:
Disagree:
ByAsura (staff), Qawsefd234 (staff)

Bang, Bomb and Rover all scale higher than Darkshine in AP.
Agree: Dual Binoculars (with Rover), LordTracer, Emirp Sumitpo, Quangotjokes, Imposing Tiger, Kachon123
Neutral: Qawsefd234 (staff)
Disagree: Dual Binoculars (with Bang and Bomb)

idk what ByAsura (staff) thinks about this one.

5 heads Melzalgard scales to AB Bang.
Agree: ImposingTiger, Quangotjokes.
Neutral:
Disagree:
Emirp Sumitpo, Lord Tracer, ByAsura (staff), Dual Binoculars, Qawsefd234 (staff), Kachon123

Psykos scales above Rover.
Agree: Imposing Tiger, Quangotjokes, LordTracer, Emirp Sumitpo, Kachon123
Neutral: ByAsura (staff), Dual Binoculars
Disagree: Qawsedf234 (staff)

Armored Boros gets possibly 6-A AP.
Agree: Imposing Tiger, Quangotjokes, Lord Tracer, Kachon123
Neutral: ByAsura (staff), Dual Binoculars
Disagree: Qawsedf234 (staff)

idk what Emirp thinks after I brought up my last point.

That's it. What do we do here?

Last edited:
I agree with removing possibly ratings, Bang, Bomb Rover > Darkshine AP, Psykos above Rover, and Armored Boros.

I disagree with Melz

: Dual Binoculars, Quangotjokes, LordTracer, Emirp Sumitpo, Imposing Tiger, Kachon123
Neutral:
Disagree:
ByAsura (staff), Qawsefd234 (staff)

Agree: Dual Binoculars (with Rover), LordTracer, Emirp Sumitpo, Quangotjokes, Imposing Tiger, Kachon123

idk what ByAsura (staff) thinks about this one
I'm actually neutral for these

idk what ByAsura (staff) thinks about this one.
Hard disagree.

Also, I don't think it matters too much when some of the stuff here just may not be correct at all, like MK's missiles.

I'm not saying that, it was a separate point. What I'm saying there that polling is kind of irrelevant when your point isn't completely substantiated.

I'm not saying that, it was a separate point. What I'm saying there that polling is kind of irrelevant when your point isn't completely substantiated.
Bang, Bomb and Rover's point, Psykos point? I don't think they are wrong in any form.

Because I was referring to the MK thing when I said that, not the Rover thing.

That depends if the evidence is strong enough. In all honesty, most of it seems ok to an extent, but there's definitely a lot of areas that aren't very convincing (a few of us have already given our grievances throughout the thread).

Also, we don't usually vote to agree on stuff. We keep arguing until points are debunked.

As I said, I've already gone over a few, like the unknown difference between Beast Garou and Darkshine, but I guess I'll go over some more stuff.
This is a mistake, in the same case that HE's energy balls vary in power, Rover's do too, and this is due to the fact that he needs time to charge them. Given that, the more energy he puts into his explosions, the stronger they are. There is a clear difference in size between the biggest attacks thrown at HM Garou and the big ball fired at the trio, which engulfed a larger area of stories even if the attack was omnidirectional.
While I do think they vary in power, taking his mindset is much more important than just 'bigger explosion'. If you go by that logic, every character in fiction should have variable firepower. For example, this is Rover's first blast against the trio in a frenzied state.

Rover, in both instances, is absolutely furious. In the first, he fires a huge blast that engulfs a massive area and shakes the ground above them. He then fires a penetrating blast that's designed to kill Garou at point-blank range. So, of course it's going to be smaller (even though it's not truly smaller and did far more damage to the Association itself) than an omni-directional blasts. Once that fails, he switches to rapid blasts that have less effect on Garou, and do similar collective damage.

Now, if you look at the final blast, this is only the first portion (and even then, it has the same length as that blast's diameter even in the panel you show). It proceeds to knock Garou right down to Psykos' lair afterwards.

In the second, Rover is actually less powerful due to being hit by Saitama, but much angrier. However, this reflected blast was omni-directional, and didn't do much more damage than either of those blasts (it did less, if anything).

So, basically, I do think his blasts vary, but there's no evidence for the blasts varying here.

Now, if you look at the final blast, this is only the first portion (and even then, it has the same length as that blast's diameter even in the panel you show). It proceeds to knock Garou right down to Psykos' lair afterwards.
You don't know if it's the first portion. Looking at its shape, it could be ending at any time. What we see is what we see, nothing more.

Rover is hurt and likely less powerful physically, but who says he's weaker with his energy balls. We don't know how they work so we can't assume his attacks are also less effective.

The fact that it was omnidirectional proves it was bigger, because it created a circle, which obviously would be smaller than a straight line. If that blast was fired in one direction, it would actually be much larger, despite being as powerful as it is now. And if you compare the stories in each panel, you will count around 15 at most in his fight against Garou (being one-directional blasts) while they engulf over 20 stories against the trio (being omnidirectional, which as I pointed out earlier, would make the area of effect smaller).

So, basically, I do think his blasts vary, but there's no evidence for the blasts varying here
The main problem is that Bomb tanked a hit from Garou with minimal damage, he didn't even break his nose. If we see our current scaling, Bomb should have been absolutely one shoted and destroyed by that blow. Beast Garou is stronger (to an unknown extent, although I would argue it is his biggest amp yet because it has been the closest he's been to death) than Spiral Garou. Bomb matches Beast Garou in a direct move once or twice. SG matched Darkshine in AP. Darkshine broke Half Monster Garou's ribcage (which should have killed him if he hadn't his immortality-like abilities, as seen when he thought he was going to die against Rover). A weaker Half Monster Garou could tank the second biggest blast we've seen from Rover yet without much problem, after evolving during their fight. This puts Darkshine's AP massively above Rover's, and Bomb's AP above Darkshine's. This also means Bomb's AP is much higher than HM Garou's. But we keep saying they are around the same level because Bang was surprised he was unscathed after taking Rover's blast. The only way to solve that problem without falling into outlier territory (which should be avoided if things can be logically explained) is by arguing Rover was attacking Bang and Bomb with higher AP (for whatever reason, maybe he was angrier or maybe he had more time to charge).

Back