• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man General CRT

1- Removing the "Possibly 7-A+".

Removing the "Possibly" and making it a solid 7-A+ because Metal Knight implied only a sample of EC's shell could be useful for weapons developement, and stated his missiles couldn't scartch it. In this hypothetical picture, MK is shown attacking his own HQs, being able to damage it after a bombardment. MK had more missiles when fighting EC but refused to keep trying because as he said, he can't break his armour, eventhough he desires a sample to improve his weapons.

EC is where the possibly 7-A+ scale starts from, because it is the only character that scales from the HQs durability. While I can understand the Possibly, it makes the scaling difficult to understand and I believe it should be better to leave it out of the equation and stick to simplicity.

2- Confusions regarding base Bang/Bomb and Overgrown Rover.

We will start from the consensus that Bang and Bomb are equals, and this is stated by Fubuki, so when I talk about one of them think immediately about the other too.

In his fight against Beast Garou, Bomb tanks several hits in which technique (in this case to avoid direct blows) is clearly not involved, he outright tanks them and somehow manages to keep fighting/conscious. This has been called an outlier by many given the common belief that he is portrayed as comparable to the Half Monster Garou that fought Rover because of the statement in which Bang is surprised he didn't get injured after taking OR's explosion. This is because Beast Garou > Spiral Garou=Darkshine > Post Orochi HM Garou > Pre Orochi HM Garou = Rover's blasts = Bang/Bomb's durability.

This is a mistake, in the same case that HE's energy balls vary in power, Rover's do too, and this is due to the fact that he needs time to charge them. Given that, the more energy he puts into his explosions, the stronger they are. There is a clear difference in size between the biggest attacks thrown at HM Garou and the big ball fired at the trio, which engulfed a larger area of stories even if the attack was omnidirectional.

Rover being more powerful than what we imagined makes sense because even Lord Orochi is surprised that OR is scared of Saitama, despite having lost some heads seconds ago. He also understands that massive shock from before could have been the cause of Gouketsu and Elder Centipede's deaths, despite Rover having survived. Psykos sees him as a valid answer to lose time against someone who effortlessly destroyed her Multi-Eyed form.

Some counterarguments: "Bang and Bomb got stronger because Fubuki amped them". In opposition to TTM's relatively permanent and physical boosting ampliation, their "power up" was just a temporary amp which increased a bit their speed and lessened their pain.

3- About Melzalgard and Awakening Breath.

Many see Awakewning Breath as a super power up that multiplies Bang's strength many times. The truth is, if anything, AB is just a slight increase and comparable to his base form. This is proved when Bomb (who as we stated is Bang's equal) can physically trade blows (while being energy-drained by Fubuki) with Beast Garou. Although Garou wins after some time, they are in the same league when talking about AP and durability. Yet when Bang goes AB, Beast Garou (who should be base Bang level) is able to block his attack without suffering any injuries. It's backed up by his own speech, it draws the limits of the human body, it doesn't go beyonf his physical limits, it just uses the maximum capacity of that "vessel".

Melzalgard briefly knocked out Bang in Alien Conqueror's arc. This was done by just ONE of his heads. The databook states that when he combines his 5 heads, every attribute dramatically increases. Seeing how each scene displays his amps, it is fair to say Melzalgard at full power has to be at least comparable to AB Bang, if not way stronger than him.

5- About Psykos.

Base Gyoro Gyoro could be scaled higher than HM Garou and Pre Molt EC because she says that is the power that surpasses Tatsumaki, knowing Tats is stronger than Pre-Molt EC. Now, she could be referring not to power but to psychic abilities as a whole, so maybe she wasn't actually using more power than what she thought Tatsmuaki possessed. Take this with a grain of salt.

Psykos is confident on defeating Tatsumaki, which destroyed Multi-Eye puppet, and sees herself on a whole other level compared to her previous form. She also thought she could control Orochi to make him a vessel (the suppressed Orochi she knew of), Orochi being stated to be the strongestmonster of the MA several times. This should put her above all the cadres except Homeless Emperor and Black Sperm, which she could not sense the power of.

6- About Boros.

I believe that, if it isn't contradicted by anything, AP should be scaled to durability. In Elder Centipede's profile, it says: "should scale to his durability" in reference to his Attack Potency. I don't see why Armored Boros has to be treated differently. After all, his armor isn't depicted as a super durable artifact that can't be broken. We are just told it seals his Released power, nothing more. Not to mention he sure took a good amount of the damage from Saitama's punch. Even if he took just 1% of the impact, he would already be near High 6-B. Yet we keep putting him barely above Melz's 7-A/ Geryu's possibly 6-C.

Plus in the manga, the armor seems to be fused with his skin, which is something very important to this point, because if the amor is affected, the body is automatically linked to it.

He was willing to fight Saitama in armored form even after having read the power level left from breaking a 6-A durability door. It's clear he was initially going to face him without relying on higher forms.

About his Released key, I would add a "higher with energy blasts".

7- Conclusions.

• Removing possibly 7-A+.
  • Bang, Bomb and Rover all scale higher than Darkshine in AP.
  • 5 heads Melzalgard scales to AB Bang.
  • Psykos scales above Rover.
  • Armored Boros gets 6-A AP preferably.

I wanted to see what things would get accepted/ refused before redesigning the profiles, because there are a lot which are affected by my proposals.
Good weekend to you all.

Last edited:
Some counterarguments: "Bang and Bomb got stronger because Fubuki amped them". In opposition to TTM's relatively permanent and physical boosting ampliation, their "power up" was just a temporary amp which increased a bit their speed and lessened their pain.
What exactly implies that TTM’s amp was permanent?
Seeing how each scene displays his amps, it is fair to say Melzalgard at full power has to be at least comparable to AB Bang, if not way stronger than him.
No, that’s not how scaling works. Melz with multiple heads is just stronger than Melz with one head, who scales to Bang. There’s nothing that directly scales him to Awakened Breath Bang.
I believe that, if it isn't contradicted by anything, AP should be scaled to durability.
This is simply not how things are supposed to be done on the wiki. Durability is automatically scaled to AP (even though it’s not really AP, it’s SS), but not the other way around. Unless a character is shown fighting someone capable of harming them, their AP does not just scale to their durability by default.
In Elder Centipede's profile, it says: "should scale to his durability" in reference to his Attack Potency.
This should simply be changed to reference his feat of harming Bang and Bomb. “Should be comparable to his durability” is not a proper AP justification unless there is a reason for it.

Everything else is more or less fine.

• Removing possibly 7-A+. I agree with this them being just 7-A+ not only makes more sense, but also looks better for formatting.
  • Bang, Bomb and Rover all scale higher than Darkshine in AP. I disagree with this as Bomb got 2 shotted with little to no effort from Garou and Garou scales to baseline High 7-A. So base Bomb and Bang being at least 7-A+ makes more sense then them being High 7-A as DS is portrayed as being stronger. Rover scaling to High 7-A I can agree with since he's above Bang and Bomb even while wounded.
  • 5 heads Melzalgard scales to AB Bang. I disagree and I feel like at least 7-A+ higher when merged is fine. Since like I said earlier Base Bomb got two shotted and Bang going AB allowed him to do much better. Also Bang was caught off guard and not trying that much against Melz.
  • Psykos scales above Rover. Neutral and I'll wait for further comments.
  • Armored Boros gets 6-A AP preferably. Neutral and I'll wait for further comments.

There's no evidence that the Metal Knight drone's own missiles (upgraded quite recently in-universe) are comparable to the ones in his larger arsenals, which are visibly larger and far different in appearance. It's like comparing a ballistic missile to a rocket launcher. Also, looking good isn't a proper reason (though I 100% agree that it looks better).

Rover was weakened against Fubuki and co due to Saitama's punch. Although, I'll agree with him being a valid threat to Tatsumaki.

I've said this a million times, but Garou was stronger when he fought Bang. Bomb explicitly notices the difference because he's actually able to fight Bang. It's not a small amp, and base Bang has outright fallen short of Darkshine. Also, Bomb was never scaled to Garou because he proceeds to debilitate him with two blows at the very end of the fight, not because we saw it as an outlier.

Neutral on the Psykos stuff.

I don't really agree or disagree with the Armoured Boros stuff, but it doesn't really have any tangible logic behind it.

Last edited:
What exactly implies that TTM’s amp was permanent?
I meant it hadn't a limited time, because Fubuki was constantly amping him. It was more of a sidepoint tho, it doesn't change anything.

No, that’s not how scaling works. Melz with multiple heads is just stronger than Melz with one head, who scales to Bang. There’s nothing that directly scales him to Awakened Breath Bang.
I still think they should be comparable via their interaction with a base Bang level character.

Bang, Bomb and Rover all scale higher than Darkshine in AP.
Not in their base forms.
I disagree with this as Bomb got 2 shotted with little to no effort from Garou
If anything, he got 4/5 shoted. And the thing is, if he were HM Garou level, his head would have exploded because Darkshine broke Garou's ribcage badly, and this Garou is way stronger than Darkshine.

as DS is portrayed as being stronger
Actually not really. We think that's the case because he's all muscular and he did more damage to Psykorochi, but its shapeshifting abilities makes us impossible to know.

I've said this a million times, but Garou was stronger when he fought Bang. Bomb explicitly notices the difference because he's actually able to fight Bang. It's not a small amp, and base Bang has outright fallen short of Darkshine.
I am talking about the first contact they make, in which Garou isn't using AB yet. They hit each other with so much force that Bomb gets surprised at the shockwaves, and Garou doesn't take damage, despite being a comparable threat to base Bomb.

Bomb was never scaled to Garou because he proceeds to debilitate him with two blows at the very end of the fight, not because we saw it as an outlier.
The thing is his bones should have exploded with just one blow if he were HM Garou level.

I don't really agree or disagree with the Armoured Boros stuff, but it doesn't really have any tangible logic behind it
To me, it's about common sense. I don't think anyone here believes Boros didn't even tank a 1% of the strike. He even was willing to fight Saitama in Armored form after having read the power level left from breaking the 6-A door. It's clear his intention was to defeat him initially without relying on higher forms.

Not in their base forms.
Ummm Sorry if it wasn't clear, but I was quoting your post, but u disagreed with it??? As for the other posts I agree they should somewhat scale just not above DS it makes more sense for them to downscale to 7-A+ then for them to be High 7-A as that creates scaling issues.

I am talking about the first contact they make, in which Garou isn't using AB yet. They hit each other with so much force that Bomb gets surprised at the shockwaves, and Garou doesn't take damage, despite being a comparable threat to base Bomb.
Given that he's equal with him throughout the entire event, it's unlikely he wasn't using AB at this point.

Also, he's not surprised, he's just blasted.
The thing is his bones should have exploded with just one blow if he were HM Garou level.
Doesn't seem likely. He's a league below DS, and the gap between this Garou and Spiral Garou is unknown. It's entirely possible that he could take hits without broken bones at that level.
To me, it's about common sense. I don't think anyone here believes Boros didn't even tank a 1% of the strike. He even was willing to fight Saitama in Armored form after having read the power level left from breaking the 6-A door. It's clear his intention was to defeat him initially without relying on higher forms.
Given whiplash and all, I think that's true. But I'm still kind of neutral.

There's no evidence that the Metal Knight drone's own missiles (upgraded quite recently in-universe) are comparable to the ones in his larger arsenals,
Well, one of the missiles in DK's thoughts was almost identical to the ones MK usually carries with him. Also, we don't know to what extent he's upgraded them, if he has.

Ummm Sorry if it wasn't clear, but I was quoting your post, but u disagreed with it??? As for the other posts I agree they should somewhat scale just not above DS it makes more sense for them to downscale to 7-A+ then for them to be High 7-A as that creates scaling issues.
Sorry I misunderstood.

I don't see any such missiles. I see missiles with far more fins. Honestly, this would be everything except his normal drone by logic (it's not automated), and his arsenal is repeatedly implied to be above that drone to a massive extent.

My point about the upgrades was that Metal Knight's drone missiles are recent.

I don't see any such missiles. I see missiles with far more fins.

My point about the upgrades was that Metal Knight's drone missiles are recent.
I'll stay neutral on this, but I still say not having the "possibly" would make the formating better.

proof? As far as we know, AB only starts when they do their breath technique, not before that.
True. But, still, Bomb inflicted zero damage and got one-shot with ridiculous ease.

Comparatively, Bang got hit by this and was still fighting for a long time. It's not the mild amp you're trying to portray it as.
And Beast Garou is a league above Darkshine. Come on.
As I said, we don't even know how far he is above Darkshine compared to Spiral Garou.
I'll stay neutral on this, but I still say not having the "possibly" would make the formating better.
I agree it looks better, but that's not enough.

You can think that, but you can’t put “Comparable to Awakened Breath Bang” when there is nothing that directly compares them.
What do you think about this:

He was willing to fight Saitama in armored form even after having read the power level left from breaking a 6-A durability door. It's clear he was initially going to face him without relying on higher forms.

guys why does saitama's page have a 9-B tier? Like there's no feat linked to him, he scales to when he was a 12 year old child but he literally has no feats linked neither on his page nor on the verse page

guys why does saitama's page have a 9-B tier? Like there's no feat linked to him, he scales to when he was a 12 year old child but he literally has no feats linked neither on his page nor on the verse page
There is a feat linked to him. Click on where it says Wall level in his durability section.

I suppose so.

Although while we’re here, can we remove the “Stated by Geryuganshoop to be able to wipe out all life on Earth in 10 days” from his page? That’s not a good AP feat, that’s closer to a speed feat (and also not a good one).
Yeah, unless Geryuganshoop has planet range to sense the energy of every living being to be able to predict if he can actually kill everybody, it should be removed.

Back