• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man Disaster Ratings Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You missed the edit. Basically, we can just alter AS' justification a little.

I'll look at the raws for that fast thing.

Oh well, that helps I guess

Still, afaik a Dragon doesn't auto scales higher than a Demon in speed anymore, so we should change FU's speed description to his feats against the S Class, while Amai Mask scales to him + being above the other A heroes

Oh well, that helps I guess

Still, afaik a Dragon doesn't auto scales higher than a Demon in speed anymore, so we should change FU's speed description to his feats against the S Class, while Amai Mask scales to him + being above the other A heroes
If we don't autoscale via speed anymore does that mean AP gets the same treatment?

If we don't autoscale via speed anymore does that mean AP gets the same treatment?
I dunno ? I said that because I saw Hypersonic Melzalgald, so I assumed speed went for direct scaling and not by rankings, but AP should still scale if u ask me, while the series showed numerous times that speed varies, AP is consistent between the threat levels

So have you reached any conclusions, and what is left to do here?

Okay. No problem. So what, if anything, is left to do in this thread then?

I guess “Unknown, possibly Hypersonic or higher” could work.
I mean We already Boros is superior to the Hypersonic scaling. To say "possibly Hypersonic" is pretty misleading.

I'd say we might as just stick to "At least Hypersonic, possibly far higher"

Thank you for the evaluation. That is probably fine to apply then, but it seems best to wait for further staff input first.

Hmm. Hmm. Interesting. I disagree with hypersonic. I think it should be lower.
I know what you up to I'm putting an end to your nefarious acts

20201215_091610.jpg

There are several reasons why Melzy (and by extension, Boros) should not be hypersonic at all.
The OP points out that we're no longer gonna scale speed from threat levels. Good. Because of that, theres no reason why Sky King should be hypersonic. He's hypersonic because I'm assuming it's from him being comparable to Sea King. The same Sea King who was equal to PPP then later blitzed him and got even faster than that. PPP later on blitzed Melzy many times before he could react.
The logic we currently present on the pages are Melzy > Sky King = Sea King >= PPP > Melzy??? It makes no sense. I've read the alien arc dozens of times for the past couple of months and every S Class member that comes across Melzy blitzes the poor dude.

He shouldn't scale to Bang either because he was holding back and even perception blitzed him earlier.

As a side note it's stated that Iaian was toying with his enemy and was noticeably blitzing Melzy while fighting him. Only having his arm taken off due to getting caught off guard and likely toying around.

Since hypersonic wouldn’t be an option, I suggest supersonic+. I made a calc off site of a feat Melzargard performed and I can remake it in a blog here. This affects Released Boros because he has no speed feats.

There are several reasons why Melzy (and by extension, Boros) should not be hypersonic at all.
The OP points out that we're no longer gonna scale speed from threat levels. Good. Because of that, theres no reason why Sky King should be hypersonic. He's hypersonic because I'm assuming it's from him being comparable to Sea King. The same Sea King who was equal to PPP then later blitzed him and got even faster than that. PPP later on blitzed Melzy many times before he could react.
The logic we currently present on the pages are Melzy > Sky King = Sea King >= PPP > Melzy??? It makes no sense. I've read the alien arc dozens of times for the past couple of months and every S Class member that comes across Melzy blitzes the poor dude.

He shouldn't scale to Bang either because he was holding back and even perception blitzed him earlier.

As a side note it's stated that Iaian was toying with his enemy and was noticeably blitzing Melzy while fighting him. Only having his arm taken off due to getting caught off guard and likely toying around.

Since hypersonic wouldn’t be an option, I suggest supersonic+. I made a calc off site of a feat Melzargard performed and I can remake it in a blog here. This affects Released Boros because he has no speed feats.
PPP was able to react to Bang perception blitzing Melz. PPP only scales to the SK's in his ealier key. In this key, he would scale to Bang in this key.

Alien Arc Key: Bang ~ PPP >= Iaian > Melz

Earlier Arcs: Melz > Sky King = Sea King >= PPP

PPP should not scale to Bang just because he reacted to him, even if that was Bang's full speed (we know it wasn't because of what he says after Mel punches him).
Would you be able to import that calc to here?

Last edited:
This is just a note that I performed the following changes to the Saitama page earlier today. Is this acceptable?

This is just a note that I performed the following changes to the Saitama page earlier today. Is this acceptable?

Saitama gets his 5-B by upscaling from a Low 5-B+ character, so he probably shouldn’t have an At least there.

Saitama gets his 5-B by upscaling from a Low 5-B+ character, so he probably shouldn’t have an At least there.
Well, I think that adding "At least" is our standard approach when writing "likely far higher" at the end of a statistic.

Well, I have noticed the usual pattern, and both of those options essentially say the same thing, and thematically fit together for better clarity.

The “At least” doesn’t make sense for Saitama though. 5-B comes directly from him upscaling a Low 5-B+. How can he be ‘At least 5-B’ when he’s the only 5-B and baseline?

Like, before the recent upgrades, Saitama was “5-C, likely far higher”.

There was no reason for him to have an “At least” since the 5-C value came directly from him, and there’s nothing that says a “likely far higher” rating needs to be accompanied by an “At least”.

Okay. I still think that the two fit better together from a structural viewpoint though.

What do the rest of you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back