• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man - Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon and Saitama upgrade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Boros was most likely gonna destroy any normal creature in a single second with his attack, so no division. 926.6667 °C x 846,575.99 seconds = 784,493,788.21 °C. (784 million °C)That would be the temperature needed to turn the tusk into ash in 1 second."
This assumption is completely unfounded, we have no idea how long it would take for Boros' attack to destroy the surface... and heat the atmosphere to almost a billion degrees? That's nearly the temperature of a supernova, and Boros never even mentions what his attack is going to do the atmosphere.

The athmosphere weight is weird. Whole athmosphere of Earth is 5.15*10^18kg. However, I see no reason to assume that the entire thing was heated instead of just a surface layer. If you heat everything 100m up you will have burned down the whole Earth.
Daper point also seems like a kinda arbitrary interpretation? It just says "scorching" not making it visibly glow. 100°C would leave every being on Earth with severe (deadly) burns and set all forests on fire, which is scorching in my book.

Don't think the video game is good evidence, due to being non-canon. Not sure how you get ionization form that video anyway. Also don't think your minimum is a minimum. Which ionization is needed for a plasma is not strictly defined as far as I am aware.

Taking him vaporizing bones of creatures with a direct blast to mean he can do the same on the scale of the entire planets surfaces is overextrapolation. Also you can't really upscale the energy with the time requirement the way the blog does.

Melting isn't indicated by the showings.

This assumption is completely unfounded, we have no idea how long it would take for Boros' attack to destroy the surface... and heat the atmosphere to almost a billion degrees? That's nearly the temperature of a supernova, and Boros never even mentions what his attack is going to do the atmosphere.
The reasons is in the comment

@Damage3245 Is this method allowed or it is even correct? Dividing the time it takes for an object to completely "incinerate" in one second to obtain absurd levels of temperature?
I asked Mitch and he said it was fine mathematically. But he is not sure if it was allowed by VSBW standards.

The athmosphere weight is weird. Whole athmosphere of Earth is 5.15*10^18kg. However, I see no reason to assume that the entire thing was heated instead of just a surface layer. If you heat everything 100m up you will have burned down the whole Earth.
Daper point also seems like a kinda arbitrary interpretation? It just says "scorching" not making it visibly glow. 100°C would leave every being on Earth with severe (deadly) burns and set all forests on fire, which is scorching in my book.

Don't think the video game is good evidence, due to being non-canon. Not sure how you get ionization form that video anyway. Also don't think your minimum is a minimum. Which ionization is needed for a plasma is not strictly defined as far as I am aware.

Taking him vaporizing bones of creatures with a direct blast to mean he can do the same on the scale of the entire planets surfaces is overextrapolation. Also you can't really upscale the energy with the time requirement the way the blog does.

Melting isn't indicated by the showings.
Thanks for the numbers!

The video game is just a supportive argument for one end. Again everything is explained in the comments. Just read them.

Fine mathematically =/= scientifically accurate
I know, that's why at first I wanted to use 100 million °C (nuclear fire ball peak temperature)
p_39.png

This is basically the same attack but on a lower scale.

Seen CSRC is literally a more powerful version of his first energy blast against Saitama in his Released form.

It's Literally the same technique, he just uses all the latent energy from within his body instead of a portion.
  • Energy blast : "I've released a vast amount of energy from within my body... Not a single bone will be left from any small fry touching it!"
  • Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon : "I'll release all of my energy to blow away you and the planet surface!"
You can easily assume that the effects will be similar to what happens to his spaceship, but on a global scale. I'm not going to post all the images again, go see the comment. But basically :
  • Huge fireball created on impact.
  • Partially melted alien metal.
  • After the fireball extinguished, place is still a little molten/ignited. With the addition of ashes.
  • There is charred pieces of metal rising as Boros power-up.
  • You can see a huge view of the crater from inside the spaceship.
So like I said "Scorches may be the best translation. But the manga show incineration for basically the same move." but in the calculation itself it is still scorching.

I will say though, Boros would need to burn everything at the height of ~8-9km to burn the whole earth since mountains and elevation are a thing

Vaporizing the human body and parts of the ship =/ Vaporizing the entirety of the planet's surface, the scale and range are on a whole different level, the extrapolation comes out of nowhere.

If the translation of the statement says scorching, then take the elements of the continental crust and assume that they will be heated up to 100°C like DontTalkDT suggested.

Vaporizing the human body and parts of the ship =/ Vaporizing the entirety of the planet's surface, the scale and range are on a whole different level, the extrapolation comes out of nowhere.
You're ignoring what UeTa said. Boros' blast was stated to be able to vaporize to the bone, and was also shown to be able to vaporize parts of the ship.

They used the heat needed to at least vaporize human bones, and applied that to the CSRC, as it's essentially the same attack, but on a grander scale.

If the translation of the statement says scorching, then take the elements of the continental crust and assume that they will be heated up to 100°C like DontTalkDT suggested.
Why would scorching the earth be only 100°C? It literally won't change a single thing besides boiling up the oceans and drying the plants, the earth part of the earth would not have anything changes

Doesn't the beam when divided by Saitama liquify the edges of the ship it comes into contact with into a bright orange molten slurry?
The same ship that presumably has heat res astronomically far beyond 100c? (Based on re-entry alone?). 100c does come off as unrealistically way, way, below what it's actually doing.
d̵o̵ ̵t̵h̵i̵n̵k̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵ ̵c̵a̵l̵c̵ ̵i̵s̵ ̵s̵u̵s̵ ̵t̵h̵o̵

Doesn't the beam when divided by Saitama liquify the edges of the ship it comes into contact with into a bright orange molten slurry?
The same ship that presumably has heat res astronomically far beyond 100c? (Based on re-entry alone?). 100c does come off as unrealistically way, way, below what it's actually doing.
d̵o̵ ̵t̵h̵i̵n̵k̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵ ̵c̵a̵l̵c̵ ̵i̵s̵ ̵s̵u̵s̵ ̵t̵h̵o̵
Maybe we can use the melting point of the ship to find a new low-High end?

Boros' ship surface is roughly 6.48 km above ground level. Which should place it inside the troposphere. (6 to 20 km)
  • Where >75% of the total mass of the planetary atmosphere is, and 99% of the total mass of water vapour and aerosols is.
What the Low-High End Calc is calculating is not the whole of Earth's atmosphere being BURN, is it being heated by a heat wave like what we saw from what his Released form do with an energy blast
  • (Which CSRC would also make, since it's the same move but more powerful. A fireball of consequent size that would probably extend all along the troposphere and maybe a bit higher. If all of his energy is that much more than is Released form.)
Sandsdgsds_titre.png

(Edit)
If you wanna know the size of this fireball by the way | Using Boros' ship "official" size of course (9,230 m x 15,024 m) :
  • Av. height : 6.159 km
  • Av. diameter : 7.86 km
  • Volume (Cylinder) : 2.989e+11 m³ or 2.391e+11 kg or air.
  • Volume (Fire Flow) : 5.041e+7 m³ or 4.033e+7 kg of air.

Last edited:
What do you mean. I mean unless we're getting into general relativity they are =. I mean our understanding of science is based off of mathmatics.
I'm saying your math can be 100% correct for a calc, but the calc itself can be wrong because the fundamental application of the science is wrong.

Just looking at it the only ends I'm really in favor of is the Mid - Low-End (High 6-A) and the High - Mid-End (5-C).

Stuff like the 5-B end with the 784 million degree C thing implies Boros' blast instantly heat up the planet in like, a fraction of a centisecond to supernova level temperatures. I'm just not really for that end based on what's presented.

Though if the thread is about if we should use Herms' translation of the databook about the CSRC being planet busting then I can get that as some possible end I guess.

Why would scorching the earth be only 100°C? It literally won't change a single thing besides boiling up the oceans and drying the plants, the earth part of the earth would not have anything changes
You are grossly underestimating what heating the surface to 100°C would cause to the Earth, that's well enough for spontaneous combustion to happen, the plants would not only dry up, the entire surface would be set on fire.

Boros' ship surface is roughly 6.48 km above ground level. Which should place it inside the troposphere. (6 to 20 km)
I'm pretty sure that if Saitama wasn't there, the beam would have gone through the ship and hit the planet directly, it wouldn't just scorch the earth from 6.48 kilometers above the ground like you are trying to imply.

Your example makes no sense, as Boros' beam would have otherwise heated up the Earth even with Saitama deflecting the attack.

Nor did it set the atmosphere on fire, it only split the clouds, causing no damage to them.

You are grossly underestimating what heating the surface to 100°C would cause to the Earth, that's well enough for spontaneous combustion to happen, the plants would not only dry up, the entire surface would be set on fire.
You're talking about burning plants. Heating up the Earth to 100 degrees Celcius does nothing to the actual planet's surface.

I'm pretty sure that if Saitama wasn't there, the beam would have gone through the ship and hit the planet directly, it wouldn't just scorch the earth from 6.48 kilometers above the ground like you are trying to imply.

Your example makes no sense, as Boros' beam would have otherwise heated up the Earth even with Saitama deflecting the attack.

Nor did it set the atmosphere on fire, it only split the clouds, causing no damage to them.
With your logic, the attack couldn't even be High 6A.

Why are we thinking that a character who can melt strong metal will only heat the surface up to 100C
Melting some metal =/= melting the entire surface of the earth. I'm just working with the statement not random headcanon.

You're talking about burning plants. Heating up the Earth to 100 degrees Celcius does nothing to the actual planet's surface.
Yep, it wouldn't even make it "red hot" as the definition of scorching. Which is mainly to burn something long enough to make it change color.

With your logic, the attack couldn't even be High 6A.
No, I'm saying that it wouldn't scorch the surface from 6 kilometers above the surface, and that the atmosphere wouldn't be affected as the calculation implies, the beam never hit the ground.

Yep, it wouldn't even make it "red hot" as the definition of scorching. Which is mainly to burn something long enough to make it change color.
Scorching means “very hot” not “red hot”
A boiling water is very hot.

Anyway people already brought up my contentions with the calc
It assumes the earth heats up to a high degree at a very quick time that’s extremely speculative.

Also why are all the calcs for Boros CRSC saying it will engulf the entire planet when its not an omnidirectional attack to begin with?

Maybe because his fist didn't touch directly the attack?

Or it was too fast to trigger at explosion and the Shockwave parted away the explosion in an instant?

There so many ways to explain it. The only thing we saw from CSRC are enormous plasma beam (hence the plasma ends) melting huge chunks from Boros' ship while it was charging before Boros fired it a Saitama and it got split so fast that no one saw it. They just saw the ship explode suddenly.

A boiling water is very hot.

It assumes the earth heats up to a high degree at a very quick time that’s extremely speculative.

Also why are all the calcs for Boros CRSC saying it will engulf the entire planet when its not an omnidirectional attack to begin with?
unknown.png

Scorching means to char the surface of something.
How else does a relativistic+ beam cover the planet in char?
What even is this contension? He literally says it will scorch the entire planet's surface. This has been accepted for years now.

I'm fine with using the Draper Point of 525 °C, depending on how you interpret the word scorching, it should a reasonable assumption.

This are why it’s called synonyms it means similar
Same way countless is a synonym for infinite but they don’t inherently mean the same thing
So scorch means “very hot” not “red hot” a dictionary meaning of scorch that gives it “red hot” would be welcome tho.
Anyway scorch means to burn something
What even is this contension? He literally says it will scorch the entire planet's surface. This has been accepted for years now.
Accepted for years doesn’t mean accurate
Point is the only way it would have covered the entire planet is if It was Ann omnidirectional attack which it is not.
the attack was not actually a bomb like attack was it tho? It was more like a fired beam, fired towards saitama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back