• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece - Whitebeard 6-B Calc

Status
Not open for further replies.
@The Prince of Counters; technically speaking he was two-shot if I remember rightly.

And all that proves is that Big Mom is significantly stronger than Queen, not necessarily hundreds of times stronger.

@Damage actually is more like 3-4 (the whipping around and the headbutt hurts Queen too) and he still wasn't knocked out so not a KO.

Agree with @The Calaca and @Stefano4444 , other verse get big jump aswell, just remind Fairy tail(I only use Fairy tail as a reference, other verse make big jumps aswell) with just a stamenent who wasn´t even a directly feat. While Whitebeard did literally show a good feat and saying it is a outliner is totally wrong, the one who saying this sleep totally with the sites upgrade from the last years.

And in the fact it came from a top tier who are far above character who show island lvl feats saying very much. Even Nami and Zeus who get a upgrade her, the attack with called hier island lvl, don´t do anything against Big mom. Movies aren´t everytime canon but the fact alone what Bullet did show the how big the gap is between High tiers and Top tiers.

If this feat would get accept, only Yonkous/Admirals and top tiers would get the upgrade, which isn´t a outliner.

@Chibi14; Big Mom tanking a low-end Island level attack isn't strong support for having Country level durability.

Every other form of scaling for the Yonkou and Admirals currently puts them no higher than the low end of Island level.

There has to be some kind of supporting evidence showing that this Country level casual attack is acceptable for scaling around 13 characters to. Whitebeard simply being the "Strongest Man in the World" isn't that when you remember that those 13 other characters are being put on equal grounds to this calc.

Haven't seen the new movie yet so can't comment on Bullet.

The gura gura no mi is canonically the most destructive fruit in the OP verse, isn't it?

I don't think this is an outlier.

@Tetsu; Whitebeard scaling to 6-C would still also make his fruit the most destructive fruit in the OP verse.

There's also the matter of all of Whitebeard's other demonstrated attacks being a lot weaker in effect than this feat. (Don't really think AOE fallacy applies here since we are judging this one attack on its effect on the area around him in the first place).

As a side note, I find it a bit funny how if a character has 1 strong feat, and 10 significantly weaker feats, then it is the 1 strong feat which is only important for scaling and the rest are dismissed as outliers.

@Ryope; we're already seen Big Mom fighting in two arcs now. We've had fights involving all of the Admirals, and the only Yonkou we haven't seen in a proper fight thus far is Shanks (and Post-Timeskip Blackbeard I guess).

Maybe the reason why we're not seeing loads of Country level feats from them is because they're not that powerful?

Nobody said those feats are the outliers. You're claiming the highest one is.

Characters not being portrayed as strong as a few feats shows is common in fiction. Some authors create feats thinking they are amazing and top over the top while their characters have done things much more impressive than that.

Or what? Should we downgrade everyone and their mothers to the roof Shirohige had before this feat?

@The Calaca; no, my proposal is just to keep the ratings largely the same as they are right now.

If more impressive feats come out in the current arc, I'll be on board with upgrading characters. Right now I think it is too little to go off on.

We still need more staff input on whether we apply the scaling for those characters or we wait for more feats because of the outlier argument.

Schnee agreed with the scaling, and even Ant said in several instances that the 6-B shouldn't be considered an outlier for the God Tiers.

I find flawed that the reason why this shouldn't be the case it's because the God Tiers are the focus on some fights with people who either scale to them or get stomped by them.

On top of that, this:

> Character gets a massive power up jumping lots of tiers: It's fine because BS Power Up.

> God Tier character gets a big tier jumping because of a feat: Lol, outlier.

I even mentionend a verse where a big jumping happend while the verse don´t proof any other feats, fairy tail was just a example. It isn´t a outliner when we see multiple times on this site that character jumping a whole lvl even though they was the only one who show such feats.

I see even Ant and Schnee agreed, their shouldn´t be any problem.

The Calaca said:
We had this discussion before. Big Mom wasn't using her full power considering she didn't use Haki at all.
You're shifting the goal posts. Prince of counters originally cited Queen VS Big Mom as proof of a massive difference. You're now making excuses for why she did not dominate (Arguments which were already debunked the last tiem you brought up Haki).

Can't say more than that right now as my Lunch break is over.

Big Mom stomped Queen. The only reason why he did get back up it's because of Zoan's sturdiness and resilience. He couldn't help getting beaten in such a way.

Big mom did dominate, what are you talking about? She beat him with minimal effort without Haki and without her devil fruit.

VioIeLFC said:
Big mom did dominate, what are you talking about? She beat him with minimal effort without Haki and without her devil fruit.
I mean the dude even cry after Olin became again to Big mom, he was know that he was ****** up, lol at Queen match Big mom, I seriously ask the one who believe that if he ever watch the chapters in One piece. After Big mom toss Queen around he play death and don´t do anything, where is this a equal match up? Big mom and Kaido just show how large the gap between Yonkous and their commanders are.

I mean Boundman Luffy was able to smack around Katakuri and he got one shot by Kaido (who Big Mom matched just last chapter)

It's pretty clear there's a huge gap between them.

I...really don't see how this is an outlier. I would make an argument but basically all that I would have had to say have already been said and it doesn't seem like those who agree with not using this feat are going to change their mind anytime soon.

As a side note, why would it matter how many lesser feats a character has compared to their top feat? I can probably find and calc numerous Town level feats from Adult Naruto, much more than his few (current) planet level feats, does that suddenly mean that he should be town level? Like wut.

The only thing that should matter is how inconsistent it is with the verse and of course context, but for Whitebeard, him being 6-B seems well deserved imo. It's really not a huge jump in tiers and it's not like everyone and their mother are going to scale to it. I think it should be fine to use.

> The only thing that should matter is how inconsistent it is with the verse and of course context, but for Whitebeard, him being 6-B seems well deserved imo. It's really not a huge jump in tiers and it's not like everyone and their mother are going to scale to it. I think it should be fine to use.

This is the main point where opinions diverge.

Jumping three tiers from a single feat that no other Top Tier character has come close to, which now every Top Tier character is going to scale to is just a bit much to me, but not to most people it seems.

> As a side note, why would it matter how many lesser feats a character has compared to their top feat?

Consistency and context, usually. If a character is more consistently at a certain level, then feats which are drastically above or below that level are likely to be outliers.

It's not three tiers, it's a few sub-tiers if you will. Also, aren't there some statements that support such a feat being within the real of possibility for WB?

It's really not that big a Jump.

Now, if the feat was calculated as High 6-B and 6-A, then I would be inclined to agree with you. As it is now, however, it's not close to being that egregious.

The Top Tiers is the Yonko Commander Tier tho. The God Tiers are composed of the Admirals and the Yonko. A few other characters scale to this but let's see who they are:

> Mihawk: Stated to be a rival of Shanks.

> Rayleigh: Held his own against Kizaru even long past his prime.

> Garp: Rival of the late Pirate King.

> Sengoku: Former Fleet Admiral

The rest of them belong to the before mentioned groups.

Is there any reason to dismiss these characters from scaling?

>>Is there any reason to dismiss these characters from scaling?

You're jumping the gun again. Is there any reason to permit these characters to scale? None of the Admirals come even close to healthy God Tiers. They would most likley be downgraded to High 7-A.

I'll repeat myself since it is being over-looked:

Step 1) Keep this on the back burner

Step 2) Work on the scaling descriptions

Step 3) Re-evaluate this if/when more God tier feats come out

Kizaru was about to go to stop Kaido and Big Mom's meeting and Sakazuki said that he shouldn't go because of the samurai's unknown strength.

The second step has nothing to do with the current discussion.

Damage3245 said:
@Tetsu; Whitebeard scaling to 6-C would still also make his fruit the most destructive fruit in the OP verse.
There's also the matter of all of Whitebeard's other demonstrated attacks being a lot weaker in effect than this feat. (Don't really think AOE fallacy applies here since we are judging this one attack on its effect on the area around him in the first place).
Whitebeard was trying to save Ace so clearly he wouldn't just eradicate Marineford off the map with him and his crew on it..

So of course his other attacks are gonna be weaker.

I just want to mention that I personally support scaling the god-tier One Piece characters to 6-B via the Whitebeard calulation. Shounen manga powerscaling is generally far less inconsistent than superhero comicbooks, but we still cannot expect it to make perfect sense in every situation.

I agree with Calaca.

Should be fine to apply for now then, though I still don't think it's the best course of action.

I guess once we have even more feats and information about the God Tiers we'll be able to tell whether the new ratings should stick or be modified in the future.

If Ant wants it then short of Fandom there's not much else to say. I do have one question though.

Why are the admirals listed here? Their current ratings are only high 7-A to maybe 6-C VS the top Tiers actual 6-C. Also their reasonings have to do with scaling up from high tier characters. This calc applied would just widen the gap between them and top tiers.

The original 3 admirals are likely 6-C. Akainu caused severe damage to Whitebeard, Aokiji scales to him, Kizaru the only one debatable

Since the calc is pretty close to baseline, would At least Low 6-B+, possibly 6-B to the Admirals be fair? Just a suggestion though, not a master when it comes to the scaling of the top tiers.

Well, I suppose if we're exploring the possibility of alternate scaling it's possible that less characters could scale directly to it.

Considering that the quake only seemed to take full effect when hundreds of meters away from Whitebeard, I don't think that the argument that his durability must scale based on Newton's Laws is fully applicable.

And it's possible that the attack he used on Akainu wasn't as strong as the one that caused the Tsunami, especially since Whitebeard was pretty injured by that point and had been fighting a lot until then.

I suppose that the admirals and similarly powerful characters could get "Likely 6-B"?

I think they have too many scaling feats to the YCs to do that without bringing all the high tiers up as well.

To answer your question @Dziga, no. To my knwledge there has to be another calc to fall back on. Cannot just assign the closest tier we think a character fits in.

In this case The admirals would at best get "At least high 7-A".

No, you can assign Low 6-B+ to a baseline 6-B character via backwards scaling. But I now prefer Ant's Likely 6-B solution.

@Antvasima; 'final big bad' is pretty speculative at this point IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back