• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece - Whitebeard 6-B Calc

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Fix - Law was on guard against Doflamingo the entire time. The only successful block he performed w/out his blade was with Haki against Doflamingo's Goshikito (I find it weird that a shockwave shot through him and into a wall, though). Full Bright pierced his torso completely, Bullet thread pierced through his shoulder, Itonoko cut off his arm, and the only physical strike he took from Doflamingo directly--he didn't seem to take very well despite it being a very casual strike.

Personally, I do think it should be applied since there is such an obvious difference. His sword should have been broken if we're going to list his overall durability as ~838MT while Doflamingo (at max) is around 3GT or so in AP, and that we clearly see Doflamingo being capable of easily piercing him.

@Cin well I'd have to take another look at the whole fight but in general the rule still applies. Characters with defenses up are more durable. Weapons (Particularly hard to replace weapons) in shoenen typically don't break as easy as their holders get bruised. As an educated guess I'd say Law was focusing more of his haki into his weapon then his body and that is why it didn't break. Another reason could be as you suggested Duffy's attacks aren't all the same be it casual or other reasons.

Doflamingo with Law was incredibly inconsistent anyways.

First, he announces to Law that he performed all the deception in the newspaper and negotiations simply to kill Law, but later after capturing him, kept him alive for whatever reason. At the time, it made sense due to him needing to retrieve Caesar, and thus using Law as insurance, but since he assumed Luffy would be killed, there'd obviously be no negotiations of the sort. It is then revealed that Law can grant immortality, but despite that, it goes against literally everything that happened so far (it is never established beforehand, so I strongly believe this was improvised in order to keep Law alive for plot reasons... despite his death being faked twice and Doffy having no qualms murdering him in the end).

• Doflamingo shooting up Law in chapter 729 is revealed to have been done in front of the citizens in order to show that he dealt with the whole newspaper situation: "Oh, me not being a Shichibukai anymore was a lie of his making, but don't worry, he's dead now :3"
Regarding the "haki" statement: since we can't really see any use, nor any statement of Law using it, it's likely not a reasonable argument to suggest he used it while defending himself, except when he was disarmed (and then magically got his sword back off-panel when Doflamingo had it in hand). And if he did use Haki, then yes, I doubt it would affect durability since he was using Haki, which is strongly implied (but not confirmed, sadly) to weaken or even nullify the effects of a DF fruit. It would be like Doflamingo slapping at a sea-stone weapon, his DF having no effect, hence it being a strong and reliable shield.

• But again, we don't see or read anything about Law using Haki on his sword, so it may simply be his blade having higher durability to the point where it would be in a tier of its own. Not to mention using Haki on objects was established to be a high level ability, and we only ever "see" (ignoring pre time-skip cases such as Rayleigh) Zoro and Doflamingo perform it at this point. Fujitora does so later, and so do Kinemon and Kanjuro. Marines were anime-only--non-canon >_>;

>>Doflamingo with Law was incredibly inconsistent anyways.

Well then it shouldn't be hard to chuck a sword not breaking to said inconsistency.

@Fix - Then again, Law can just ROOM it back to him, so... Doffy should've just broke it (or turned it to threads and separate it assuming he can affect a "cursed" sword)

"Regarding the "haki" statement: since we can't really see any use, nor any statement of Law using it, it's likely not a reasonable argument to suggest he used it"

This seems kind of hypocritical.

In another thread (I'll try and find it) when I mentioned how kenbun haki should only be added to those who have shown either direct confirmation via a) showings, b) in-universe statements, or c) confirmed info from WOG, almost everyone there said that haki doesn't need to be shown for it to be implied; that Oda doesn't need to do everything for us to interpret data.

I mean, Cin did the same thing when explaining Doffy's kenbun haki before it was confirmed.

But now you're saying because it's not confirmed, the argument isn't viable (or as viable)?

Eh... I don't see how it's hypocritical. Cin argues that if a character shows the evidence for Haki, it has to be added. If not, wait for its confirmation.

Law doesn't show the Hardening, so we can't say he can do it or if he even uses it. Not that he doesn't have it at all.

@Full - Erm, i'm very clearly discussing Busoshoku here. Kenbun is a special case because of lacking visual indicators. When we see Buso being used, it's unquestionable. When we see Kenbun being used, it's doubted because it could simply be chalked up to the character's "intuation" or simply being REALLY observant.

How about instead of "subtly" attacking me for being a "hypocrite", you get your facts straight. Busoshoku has obvious visual indicators while Kenbunshoku has almost none.

The argument here is regarding if Law's blade should have higher durability than his body.

• He scales from taking attacks from both Smoker and Vergo (the latter using Haki extensively and being severely handicapped. Both are 7-A+), but then Doflamingo is High 7-A, and is shown on several occasions, piercing straight through Law, and sending him reeling with a casual kick to the jaw. 3 attacks went completely through Law's body, and the other one sent him reeling out of all 4 attacks. There is a 5th, but he defends himself with Haki, so its credibility is lacking.
  • Meanwhile, his blade is perfectly fine after taking numerous blows from Doflamingo's Goshikito, Overheat (which was heavily implied to be capable of killing Sanji, and it hurt base Luffy, who has High 7-A durability), and whatever else. We do NOT once see the visual indicator of Busoshoku here when Law is fighting Doflamingo, so since the blade is capable of withstanding the attacks, but Law's body isn't, it should be granted High 7-A durability.
Also, Doflamingo's Black Knight hurt Luffy quite easily, so I do believe it should be given a Likely High 7-A rating (which would further reinforce Law blocking the attacks).

I know Law has Armament. I'm saying he isn't using it on his blade.

So the argument for Law's blade having a higher stat then himself is it didn't break in half from atacks which Law could take many time over including one instane where he takes zero damage while guarding with Haki.

Sorry I don't think this is enough evidence. Oda doesn't draw everything black every time he displays CofA and it is pretty basic move to coat your weapons when fighting.

Also, I think it is an exaggeration that the sword has to break just cause Duffy is maybe twice as strong. This is especially true if, as Cin pointed out, Duffy is a bit inconsistant in his killing intent. I'm sure there are profiles on this site where X characters didn't break while getting stomped by a massively stronger opponent. Ichigo and Zangetsu come to mind.

@Fix - He guarded w/ Haki against a DF ability, and also, again, Buso increases defenses quite massively, so to suggest that is a point against my argument is strange. And you say he "could take many" of Doflamingo's attacks despite that being the ONLY time he wasn't damaged by Doflamingo. He's only taken 4 other attacks... almost all of them simply piercing right through his body.

Post time-skip literally has one instance of Buso not being displayed, and that is when Sanji fought Judge... Sanji is the only Buso user that we know of and have seen fighting that has never been displayed capable of using hardening. Law has shown he can. Also, coating your weapon in Haki is not "a basic ability", especially since only few characters have been shown using it, and it was later stated by Hyo to be quite advanced.

?? Law took hits from a 7-A+, hence his durability. Doflamingo is High 7-A + the fact that he fully pierced Law multiple times, and Law's blade is the only thing shown capable of taking hits from him. High 7-A blade durability is a must at this point. It contradicts everything in the Durability page (and relevant pages) to simply ignore this.

>>High 7-A blade durability is a must at this point. It contradicts everything in the Durability page (and relevant pages) to simply ignore this.

I see nothing in the durability page regarding this. If you're going to bring it up, you should quote sections instead. You also shouldn't speak in absolutes. HIgh 7-A will be applied if it meets the criteria, not because you/anyone says it is a must.

So regarding the criteria, IIRC there were other insances where black wasn't drawn. A discussion regarding Luffy taking damage was brought up some time ago. Cracker's blade also wasn't black when Luffy dodged and there are probably other feats I'm missing but it is getting late and I don't feel like looking them up as of the moment.

Also on the subject of criteria, you never addressed your own assertion that Duffy's attacks are inconsistant.

Furthermore you didn't address why a weapon should break apart just from getting his with a slightly stronger force. It happnes all the time in shoenen (the withstanding I mean) so I don't know what standard your using this to base off of.

So to sum up again the pros for high 7-A

It didn't break in half from a possibly somewhat stornger attack while not drawn black. Compared to law taking some injuries

VS

Inconsistant power displays by Duffy

No supporting trends of weapons being so easily destroyed

An lack of guarantee Law wasn't using Haki as we know he can coat his weapons and black is not always nesacary.

Also this really is not the thread to be discussing this. I suggest someone close this thread since the changes (regretably) were already applied and is now way off-topic.

I'll close it, stop being so passive-agressive about your thoughts of the current scaling chain.

Cin, go create another CRT to discuss about Law's ratings. His profile is outdated in speed as well so it might be better if we discuss that there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back