• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece - Whitebeard 6-B Calc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he is the hidden emperor of the world, so I think that it is an educated guess at least.

If you want real speculation, I think that "Im" may be short for "Immortal", i.e. somebody who stopped aging due to an operation by somebody else with Trafalgar Law's devil fruit, and who has directed the politics of the world behind the scenes ever since.

Dziga said:
No, you can assign Low 6-B+ to a baseline 6-B character via backwards scaling. But I now prefer Ant's Likely 6-B solution.
Not that I've ever heard of. Backwards-scaling is sketchy and in this case the Admirals don't have the supporting evidence nor a high enough figure to go after (If WB was like 30 teratons it would be easier but he's just barely baseline if this is applied and only with his strongest quakes).

What about "At least High 7-A, possibly 6-B" for Akainu and similar?

I still think that is too high. Its saying we think all of the admirals are 95% as powerful as MF WB. Their performance wasn't good enough for that and then just high 7-A seems ridiculously low for the hgh tiers who'e fought the admirals.

Okay. I suppose that makes sense.

So just 6-B for the Yonko, Gol. D. Roger, and maybe Mihawk then?

I could personally see the admirals being about half as strong as Whitebeard though.

Yeah I was going to comment on why you left Garp out but figured you had reasons. Maybe for him since I don't think he scales fully to Roger but closer than others. Sengoku gets it from shiki who gets it from Roger so . . again just a possibly I think.

I think that Akainu has likely grown in power as the fleet admiral though. He sent Blackbeard fleeing for example, and Oda has said that if he were the protagonist, One Piece would have been over quickly.

I am also curious about how strong his boss (?) Kong is, and what he can do.

@Ant; he sent Blackbeard fleeing before the timeskip.

I don't think we can treat the Oda statement about Akainu being the protagonist as a legitimate statement for scaling.

The Yonkou, Gol D. Roger, Sengoku and Prime Garp should scale. Mihawk should be a 'Likely'.

Competing with someone in swordsmanship doesn't necessarily mean he is fully equal to Shanks in AP / durability.

I rank Kong as a top ten, right above SenGoku. He doesn't have a page yet though and no feats (good or bad).

I suppose if you want to add a second key to Akainu's page indicating he's gotten stronger over the timeskip that's your perogative. BB and Oda aren't good examples in my opinion though. Finding OP treasure =/= measure of strength and BB was set to take on the WG at Marine ford including Akainu.

Anyway shall we close this thread and apply the chanegs to Yonko, Garp, Roger, SenGoku, Mihawk, & Shiki?

If anybody wants another prediction from me, I think that after Luffy has fought all of the Yonko, we will get a follow-up to the Whitebeard War, with the entire Strawhat fleet + Monkey D. Dragon and the revolutionaries versus the World Government, due to Luffy's other adopted brother being captured in the same manner that Ace was. It would be quite awesome.

Forgive me for not following the discussion but was backscaling ever considered?

The feat was barely above baseline 6B albeit casual.

@Dr.Fix

I can't just decide something without logical arguments or community backup. At best I can throw in a veto when there is a massive wiki policy change that I think could be dangerous, but I very seldom do that.

Hence, guesswork is not enough to scale Akainu by.

@Antvasima; I really hope not.

Oda repeating a plot point of Luffy's brother being kidnapped again would be really poor writing.

@Damage3245

I disagree, as it would be about Luffy feeling like he has a chance to redeem himself, and the extended Strawhat Fleet has been building up towards a conflict with either Blackbeard or the World Government.

I love when Ant takes a break and lets himself to talk about the series.

If the Admirals ain't to be upgraded then we should do two things.

1- Scale them to the YC with At least High 7-A, likely 6-C considering how small the gap is between the actual scaling and the baseline with the difference between the characters being rather clear. At least until we get more evidence.

2- Add Durability Negation for Kizaru (as discussed in the previous thread about lasers) since he's now piercing a 6-B. I also remember Sakazuki's VC saying that with his power he can phase through bodies easier thanks to the heat. If correct, that should be Dura Negation for the very same reason.

Well, personally I think that the admirals should probably be about half as strong as Whitebeard, meaning the tier below 6-B, especially as 3 of them together overpowered his attack with a haki field, but that may be an inappropriate guesswork manner of scaling.

Agreed. So would Low 6-B admirals be acceptable based on this?

The three Admirals scaling to 1/3rd of the calc would be okay for now.

Would make them Low 6-B.

It's either that, or Calaca's alternative of At least High 7-A, likely 6-C.

The intent of that Quake was to rescue Ace, not obliterate him.

High 7-A is fine for the admirals. Keep in mind Kizaru was paired with half the first mates so he can probably just scale to Katakuri. Kuzan scales to Kizaru and Akainu would scale higher than either of them. Very straight forward.

I think that Low 6-B makes sense for the admirals, given that they can still severely damage 6-B characters, despite being weaker.

It is probably better if Calaca and Damage handle it.

Yes, but they are used to editing One Piece profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back