• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece speed downgrade (revised)

So in short because of huge derailing happened in this thread, it was suggested to open a new one with revised arguments.

Now I'll ask non-staff members to avoid writing in this thread unless they have arguments to present. Please do not write comments like agree, disagree, etc.

First Calc

First issue of original calc is that distance from Queen to Sanji's foot is used. For using this, at the end of the Sanji's movement, Queen's lasers shouldn't be able to cross that distance. However at the end of Sanji's movement Sanji will already in a position that lasers won't be a threat for him. That's why I'll use distance from Queen to Sanji's head/ground.

I also want to address that radius of explosion doesn't matter here since explosion also has a certain speed, there is no need to act like it happens instantly.

The other issue is Sanji's movement distance. Sanji doing first 90 degree movement for repositioning is kind of highball since he would almost face lasers. It's making no sense that Sanji will move to approach lasers. More realistically can be that he turns around on the ground and rushes forward at the opposite direction (considering the next panel). He doesn't need to vertically stand on the ground to rush.

Second Calc

The issue here is that we don't know what distance laser moved. Because his leg can freely continue to move even if laser crosses Luffy's previous position, so in last panel lasers can easily pass that 3.94 meters distance. 90 degree Luffy movement wouldn't work either sine it'll also increase distance between him and laser.

Last edited:
I will not be participating in this thread due to not wishing to participate in any HST threads. I'll only clarify one thing:
Now I'll ask non-staff members to avoid writing in this thread unless they have a permission. Or if they want just to clear something, throw an idea, etc. it would be even better to ask members that have permission for writing here to share your thoughts and give credits. If everything is clear, I'll start.
You can't do this. This is not a Staff Discussion Thread, nor is this worth turning into one. Non-staff can comment regardless of permission, as long as they're providing something relevant to the thread. Please don't try to bar people from commenting, thanks

I will not be participating in this thread due to not wishing to participate in any HST threads. I'll only clarify one thing:

You can't do this. This is not a Staff Discussion Thread, nor is this worth turning into one. Non-staff can comment regardless of permission, as long as they're providing something relevant to the thread. Please don't try to bar people from commenting, thanks
Oh ok but it's what Damage suggested me to do. And I'm just asking them to do so (bc of previous thread).

Weird suggestion from Damage. I disagree with it

All that really needs to be done is just asking people to avoid derailing and keep things on topic

I can't remember exactly how I worded it but generally I think it'd be best for non-Calc Group Members to only comment on this is there is something relevant / useful to contribute.

EDIT: Ah, I remember now I posted at the end of the previous thread that I thought the new thread should just have Calc Group Members responding - just because of how side-tracked and drawn out that previous thread got. But I don't mean to discourage someone from commenting if they've got a good point.

All that really needs to be done is just asking people to avoid derailing and keep things on topic
Okay
I can't remember exactly how I worded it but generally I think it'd be best for non-Calc Group Members to only comment on this is there is something relevant / useful to contribute.
You said "only for CGMs" but anyway I'm changing that part if both of you think that way

EDIT: Ah, I remember now I posted at the end of the previous thread that I thought the new thread should just have Calc Group Members responding - just because of how side-tracked and drawn out that previous thread got. But I don't mean to discourage someone from commenting if they've got a good point.
Oh, fine then. I changed that part.

Back