• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Post-Timeskip Update #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hajrudin wouldn't scale to the punch in anyway, it's just that his body faired better against an attack that was stronger than the one that destroyed (killed) another character, so his body should be at least as durable, if not more so than the other.
I'm still not sure about that. The Pacifista was still pretty intact up to the point that it exploded. And the explosion came from its own damaged systems, not Luffy's punch.

I'm still not sure about that. The Pacifista was still pretty intact up to the point that it exploded. And the explosion came from its own damaged systems, not Luffy's punch.
I'd still argue Hardjun scales above

PX5 is apparently a stronger model than the ones Pre-Timeskip, so it'd be even stronger

Hardjun took a stronger punch confirmed and lived while the Pacifista died, the only reason it exploded it because Luffy killed it with a single punch, that's literally the whole point of that scene

So yes, I still believe Hardjun should be scaling above the Pacifista, if not at least comparable

When did they say this?
actually they say the opposite
0603-004.png

Hardjun took a stronger punch confirmed and lived while the Pacifista died, the only reason it exploded it because Luffy killed it with a single punch, that's literally the whole point of that scene
So yes, I still believe Hardjun should be scaling above the Pacifista, if not at least comparable

Both characters being one-shot by the same attack does not necessarily make them comparable. The Pacifista exploded because it's a cyborg and its internal machinery exploded, not because Luffy did way more damage to it than he did to Harjudin.

EDIT: Currently working on some scaling chains with KingTempest's assistance. Will post here later today when it is done.

and send him moving much faster than he did Hajrudin

This could be attributed to Harjudin being a lot more massive than the Pacifista, and having more mass to move.

And Harjudin's face/helmet does look pretty dented from Luffy's punch. Plus it even seems like he lost some teeth from the hit.

This could be attributed to Harjudin being a lot more massive than the Pacifista, and having more mass to move.

And Harjudin's face/helmet does look pretty dented from Luffy's punch. Plus it even seems like he lost some teeth from the hit.
Yeah that's fair

It's also the fact that Luffy hit PX5 downwards, while he struck Hajurdin from the side, which'd be strange if he got knocked straight downwards like the PX

No doubts Hajurdin is still more durable then a PX5, and enraged Luffy hitting you>Luffy treating you like an option, so Hajudin surviving that is STILL impressive. Oda wouldn't kill characters off either way- if that hit did him in as bad as it did a PX he would've been out for the rest of the day (which is the rest of the arc by Dressrosa's context)

Last edited:
Don't worry. KT and I are working on it.

I would appreciate it if you didn't bump this thread anymore. We don't draw these things out because we choose to, but often because we don't have time, and needless reminders only add to stress.
Ahh shit I thought it went inactive again, mb.

Anyways, question

Also yes, me and Damage have been working on the ratings behind the scenes.

Law has the 204.6 MT slice value from cutting Punk Hazard

We know that Smoker fought Law, blocked hits from him, clashed with him, pushed him back, w/e

Would it be fine to scale Smoker to him? Or does it seem like Law was holding back in any sense.

Law was either holding back or very very casual. I wouldn't scale Smoker to him.

Off topic-sorta: Why is Smoker so fodder/useless. I feel like he was something in PTS but now he's just an extra. 🗿

Law was either holding back or very very casual. I wouldn't scale Smoker to him.
Personally disagree

Here's the fight btw

Off topic-sorta: Why is Smoker so fodder/useless. I feel like he was something in PTS but now he's just an extra. 🗿
Cause we're dealing with Yonko and Admiral now. Before our biggest threat was Moria and Oars

The only serious moment for Law IMO is when he dodges Smoker's thrust here. In terms of his actual clashes with Smoker, it doesn't look like he's all that pressed, and he ends the fight fairly casually.

Compare to his finishing move on Vergo and his fight with Smoker doesn't seem to come close.

I guess Smoker could scale, but isn't that feat the one that beats Vergo who was stronger than Smoker?

That's another reason why I think it shouldn't scale to Smoker.

Has there been any indication that using Haki on your entire body will actually make it weaker? As far as I'm aware using more Haki like that will just make it deplete faster, not that it actually makes it weaker.

Has there been any indication that using Haki on your entire body will actually make it weaker? As far as I'm aware using more Haki like that will just make it deplete faster, not that it actually makes it weaker.
I honestly don't think we are ever informed that it makes it weaker. The only reason people think that is because Vergo and Pica, who both used full body Armament, got dealt with relatively quickly after using it.

Last edited:
I’m against smoker scaling to Law.

Doffy whooped on smoker low dif ( was literally going to kill him without a scratch) while law could put up a fight with Doffy knowing the ins and outs of his df. And it just doesn’t really make all that sense narratively imo especially since how they both faired against vergo.

Law doesn't look casual in that fight imo, he has the serious OP shaded eyes.
At that time in the story we had no idea what law’s intentions were so oda could be drawing the eyes like that since we don’t know if law is on the good side or not if that makes sense.

Also there’s this showing smoker himself doesn’t even believe he has a chance. Could be referring to dura neg so take it as you will

Not necessarily. We know using more Haki than necessarily kills its time faster, but as far as we know it doesn't WEAKN. Going by Doflamingo boasting about Vergo's Haki being stronger then Law cuts him anyway, implies Law is no longer the brat they thought he was and just grew stronger than Vergo. (Haki wise)
And Zoro cuts full body Pica right before they have a whole moment of "You can't cut me." >"not unless my haki is stronger than yours." or something around those lines.
The full body users we've seen get dealt with pretty much just weren't up to par with their opponent's haki anymore.

Not necessarily. We know using more Haki than necessarily kills its time faster, but as far as we know it doesn't WEAKN. Going by Doflamingo boasting about Vergo's Haki being stronger then Law cuts him anyway, implies Law is no longer the brat they thought he was and just grew stronger than Vergo. (Haki wise)
And Zoro cuts full body Pica right before they have a whole moment of "You can't cut me." >"not unless my haki is stronger than yours." or something around those lines.
The full body users we've seen get dealt with pretty much just weren't up to par with their opponent's haki anymore.

Yeah. Makes sense.

Pica implied being coated in full body Haki was his most defensive state; if he was purposefully weakening himself by covering himself in Haki over useless areas it would be a bit weird.

Precisely! I'm sure he'd be aware of his haki weakening in fullbody otherwise he wouldn't suddenly boast about it being invincible.

Gear Fourth is actually another good example on "more haki area =/= weaker coverage" since it coats Luffy's arms, legs, upper back and shoulders (and eyes for some reason-) yet it's been depicted as a far stronger haki boost than his usual amps. It's likely that fullbody haki runs out even faster than Gear Fourth does, since Vergo, Pica, and if you wanna use a non-canon example Bullet, all used it when they basically ran out of options and wanted to go all out physically.

I’m against smoker scaling to Law.

Doffy whooped on smoker low dif ( was literally going to kill him without a scratch) while law could put up a fight with Doffy knowing the ins and outs of his df. And it just doesn’t really make all that sense narratively imo especially since how they both faired against vergo.
Different key of Law. We're referring to PH Law, that's DR Law that fought Doffy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back