• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Post-Timeskip Scaling and Calcs #8

RexofLM said:
its definitely bending, but this could be Oda being dramatic rather than a legit effect
Oda does that very frequently for dramatic effect.

I personally saw that as it coming down from spinning Queen's massive frame 360. :S

EDIT: He's so much bigger than Big Mom, should he have large Size 1 or 2?

I'd say he is more likely to be Type 1 Large Size. But this is just an estimate.

Seems a lot more than 3x, albeit the comparison does change panel to panel.

I'll wait for someone to pixel it.

Type 2 was a typo. I meant 1.

Linlin is almost 9m tall and Brachioqueen is far taller just with his Neck.

Current Luffy would not easily beat Katakuri, lmao what utter nonsense it's like people are reading a different manga. Luffy isn't even clearly stronger, they're at the same level.

I'd argue he isn't even at the same level. His boost in power has a time limit, and during their actual fight Katakrui stabbed himself in order to make it a fairer fight.

Katakuri only stabbed himself when Luffy got unfairly injured due to outside intervention however, and Luffy lasted over 12 hours against Katakuri without his current future sight haki. I fail to see how he wouldn't be the same level since two individual Gear 4 Boundman attacks heavily wounded Katakuri, and the future sight equalization would make it an actual fair fight

Kind of ignoring the fact that Katakuri was literally caught off guard before that scan, making him more vulnerable than normal. Kata isn't getting thrashed by current Luffy.

About Luffy vs Katakuri we can't forget the reason Kata stabbed himself was to put himself in equal condition with Luffy since he only got that stab wound from him since Flampe interfered with the fight and Snake Man was matching him in strength and speed

So with his improved haki I think Luffy could beat Katakuri in a high diff fight

Kata was only 'off-guard' by having his emotional state upset over the mouth comments, and Luffy landed a kick to the face as a result.

Kata still had the mind to throw up Haki to defend himself and deaden the blows; these were hits that went right through his defenses and still hurt him that much

There's no signal of that visible damage you're arguing for. Granted, he got damaged by it, but it's exaggerated yo think that Kata was in such bad state after three hits.

I think he was pretty heavily damaged based on being drawn the precise same way every character with heavy damage is drawn by Oda, consistently.

I don't think Kata was nearly down for the count, but if he took just a couple more Boundman hits? Yeah, I think he wouldn't have gotten back up based on the fact that just a couple of Snakeman hits ended up putting him down.

Snakeman was weaker tho. During the clash Kata was showed blocking more hits than Luffy, even when they connected.

Plus, he was really weakened after fighting for two hours with a hole in the torso.

Precisely, a weaker form put Katakuri down in just a few more hits, thus my reasonable assertion that Boundman would put Kata down in just two more or so.

With Future Sight equalized, Luffy's higher all around stats just guarantee him the win is my argument at base. He has higher output, waaaaaaaaaaay higher dura/endurance, and access to vastly superior speed. Kata just has utility going for him, which is nice and all, but shit that wasn't even enough to put down Luffy when Luffy had every disadvantage going against him.

You missed the point.

Even at his fastest form and with FS (because he had IT during the fight) he could barely compete. At their peak he'd win, but Boundman being slower than Snakeman is a trait that won't disappear with FS equalization.

Luffy is legitimately faster, though. Kata couldn't react in time to dodge any of Boundman's attacks and relies on being able to move out of the way beforehand. If Luffy foresees that, with his superior speed he will still hit Katakuri, just where he moved to.

Also, this is all getting to be a bit much for supposition, and really off-topic I'm noticing. Oops.

Katakuri is definitely slower than Bound Man. The only reason he was dominating was because of Haki + Awakening (The latter he didn't even use during the final stage of their fight for some reason), and Luffy was blitzing him just like he did with Doffy.

Luffy took the time to boost his own Haki to be comparable to Katakuri, and with an even faster form, Katakuri simply could not keep up despite his ability to see the future. Katakuri could take the hits better, but he was already injured and fatigued, and could not rely so much on his Haki since Luffy could basically match him.

My only argument is that this entire fight was PIS. We had Luffy getting stomped in base-3rd gear forms, yet suddenly he matched Katakuri in base for several hours, then Snake-man BARELY takes the win while Katakuri did not use Awakening at all?? Something is way off.

• The only thing that would make me feel remotely okay with this is if Katakuri subconsciously allowed Luffy to win out of respect.

Well, Luffy has been known for getting ridiculously stronger in a short period of time. He went from unable to harm Blueno to a few hours later being able to stomp him easily. Same thing in Impel Down, Luffy could barely handle the Awakened Zoan Guards, then a few hours later, Luffy one-shot them with no effort.

He does have Accelerated Development for a reason. Though this could reasonable enough to suggest a Reactive Power Level for Luffy.

When Luffy was about to lose his bound man transformation Kata was able to close the distance ' didn't catch him tho . Kata was able to trade blows with snake man eventho it's much faster than bound man. And regarding the thing that Kata damaged himself to make the fight equal, Kata can't endure pain that much ,so that attack did mess him up

CinCameron20 said:
Katakuri is definitely slower than Bound Man. . . . .
Maybe slightly on account of getting one clean hit on him, but let's not exaggerate the difference if there is any at all. Kata reacted to all of his other attks without FS, then he kept pace with him as he fled.

Like I said, Queen could totally have his fruit awakened. He playing unconscious seems to be a weird assumption (but it's likely) I don't exactly buy.

Or this could totally be an outlier. This chapter was weird with the power difference between them.

Or Linlin just went to sleep because of some weird memory recover thing that gave her a massive headache and killed her in the spot. Dunno. Everything is possible now...

As I noted: Zoan types have high levels of tenacity. Queen was laid out, but he came back shortly after. Their recovery rate is high.

Besides, the headbutt didn't really do anything to Big Mom other than jog her memories.

But Queen one-hit KO'd Big Mom--UPGRADE TI-shot

I agree with Cin on this.

Queen tried his best and he did virtually nothing to her. Big Mom said that she was tired and hungry before she invaded the prison. Maybe it just all caught up to her after she was hit by the impact of a Brachiosaurus landing on her head.

Mind you, that attack somehow managed to be both cool and goofy.

Damage3245 said:
I agree with Cin on this.
Queen tried his best and he did virtually nothing to her. Big Mom said that she was tired and hungry before she invaded the prison. Maybe it just all caught up to her after she was hit by the impact of a Brachiosaurus landing on her head.

Mind you, that attack somehow managed to be both cool and goofy.
We've seen Big Mom when she was truly hungry, this wasn't that.

I'm skeptical about the KO myself but we can't deny Queen did something constituting head trauma to beat her. No one wins with a head butt so he tanked the same damage dealt to her along with the other shots and is still healthy.

As a minimum he probably warrants Likely 6-C if we're not going to downgrade Big Mom.

Im no doctor but heres something someone may wanna look into before they start making final decisions. Theres a medical phenomonon where regaining memories after amnesia can cause someone to pass out from the sudden stress. We've seen this in one piece already with Sabo. Its my interpretation that this is wat happened since big mom looked unnaffected by the actual blow.

Queens attack did nothing to her except the memories lmao, she just fell asleep. The guy lost in two hits to an extremely nerfed big mom and then his one attack didn't put a scratch on her. No way is there a likely 6-C from that and obviously downgrade is ridiculous

Viole's right. There's zero reason to change any profiles here. Queen is clearly below Linlin and his tenacity can only help him to recover after getting two-shoted.

Damage calced most of the Gura Gura feats. We currently have another calc that puts the tsunamis he created at Low 6-B, but that discussion will come once we end this and the speed discussion.

Calaca Vs said:
Viole's right. There's zero reason to change any profiles here.
You're both wrong. Viole for distorting what actually happened and you for bringing up a change in profile when Queen doesn't have one to change.

We're nearing 500 posts. Before we move onto the next version and fix various profiles including WB, His commanders, and speed among other things, where exactly did we land on Issho? 7-A or high 7-A?

Back