• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We see it being formed via particles (99% sure it's photons) and the Kanji is the same one used by the other light users.

That's not the same thing as a statement from a "reliable source".

It resembling the lasers from Franky & Kizaru is why I'd consider it for "possibly Lightspeed".

I definitely agree with Kuma, Franky, and Queen; however, I'm somewhat neutral on Ichiji for now because I think both sides are making some level of sense.

I'd say the Kanji from the author (ピカ = Pika = Light (Kizaru's Fruit), source here) is the most reliable source possible.
I'm confused about this 🤔 hard to figure out what you mean 😅 I still don't know what Kanji means... Is it a different Japanese wording?😅 oh I understand now but still need better wording and explaining 🦧

Last edited:
I'm confused about this 🤔 hard to figure out what you mean 😅
When Queen charges his laser, there is SFx (sound effects) around him when he's charging up the laser (around most actions in the series).

Those specific SFx are ピカ, which mean Pika. Pika means light, and it's the origin of Kizaru's fruit (Pika Pika no Mi).

It's also what's used with Kizaru's flashes and lasers throughout the series.

When Queen charges his laser, there is SFx (sound effects) around him when he's charging up the laser (around most actions in the series).

Those specific SFx are ピカ, which mean Pika. Pika means light, and it's the origin of Kizaru's fruit (Pika Pika no Mi).

It's also what's used with Kizaru's flashes and lasers throughout the series.
Oh I don't read the manga so I didn't know where ピカ or pika came from... that actually would mean its the same laser as kizaru's🤔

Ichiji I'm still not certain about either way. While it's possible his attack is lightspeed, I don't think it has been called as such in the Databook unlike Niji who was specified to have a lightspeed attack.

It is possible that his projectiles are made out of light but aren't necessarily lightspeed. Kizaru can make a sword entirely out of light, but the speed of his sword isn't derived from what it is made of (since it can held stationary) but it derived from Kizaru swinging it around like any other sword. So, similar to that, Ichiji could shoot out energy beams / light beams from his hands but to me, they aren't confirmed as being straightforward lightspeed yet.

Because of this, I'm more comfortable with listing him as having a Possibly/Likely Lightspeed attack instead of being fully lightspeed, though I understand why others would disagree.

DDM, Elizhaa, and Damage all agreed with Franky and Kuma, so I'll add those.

Ichiji and Queen are still up for debate.
But is there any reason why the others wouldn't be light speed? it should all be light speed... Nothing in the series pictures it to be not light speed like the rest 🤷‍♂️ if it's called a laser or moves in a straight path should be kinda automatically be light speed since other lasers are stated to move at the speed of light

Ichiji I'm still not certain about either way. While it's possible his attack is lightspeed, I don't think it has been called as such in the Databook unlike Niji who was specified to have a lightspeed attack.
A lot of lasers in fiction don't have lightspeed statements, but since they fulfill requirements, it wouldn't matter. We don't need an exact statement for everything if it can be proven with alternative evidence.
It is possible that his projectiles are made out of light but aren't necessarily lightspeed.
We know, and it's possible that they're made out of light and are lightspeed.
Kizaru can make a sword entirely out of light, but the speed of his sword isn't derived from what it is made of (since it can held stationary) but it derived from Kizaru swinging it around like any other sword.
Kizaru is a whole ball of whack since we see 2 other techniques of his moving at lightspeed and are made out of the same light.
We see Kizaru keeping his lasers charging in one place before he fires them.

He can manipulate his light, Ichiji can't. How Ichiji fires it is how it moves.
So, similar to that, Ichiji could shoot out energy beams / light beams from his hands but to me, they aren't confirmed as being straightforward lightspeed yet.
Ichiji has irl qualities of light and VSBW standards of light. It being a "likely" or "possibly" because it doesn't have an exact statement of lightspeed means that we should go to every page with "Speed of Light" without a lightspeed statement and add a likely because the author didn't confirm if it was lightspeed.
Because of this, I'm more comfortable with listing him as having a Possibly/Likely Lightspeed attack instead of being fully lightspeed, though I understand why others would disagree.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

main-qimg-077ed57bb1aad2ea66dcab4b8ff25229

The right side is Ichiji's databook found here. This is the only place I could find it. If someone wants to translate it, go ahead.

I see 光, the Kanji for light.

Last edited:
Wait a minute.

Stated to be made of light and comes from a realistic technological source.

Don't those 2 requirements already qualify for SoL?

Those are two requirements, yeah. That's why I said I was fine with Possibly/Likely Lightspeed. If those requirements didn't exist, then I obviously wouldn't be in favor of that much.

Those are two requirements, yeah. That's why I said I was fine with Possibly/Likely Lightspeed. If those requirements didn't exist, then I obviously wouldn't be in favor of that much.
Sorry for misinterpreting you (and if I got any kind of hostile), I thought you only agreed because it was possible that it was the same laser as the Pacifista's.

If it has 2 requirements by itself and a possible third with no anti-criteria and it's against 2/3 of the anti criteria (consistent speed [shown only once in the series] and moves straight). I'm assuming that would be good enough.

Sorry for misinterpreting you (and if I got any kind of hostile), I thought you only agreed because it was possible that it was the same laser as the Pacifista's.

I believe I was referring to Queen regarding that.

EDIT: Regarding Ichiji, I'll see what the translation request brings back.

EDIT2: And bear in mind, I'm not trying to argue "No, I definitely think Ichiji's attack is below lightspeed", so don't think I'm trying to be overly harsh here.

Last edited:
What else needs to be tackled to see if this is completely declined or accepted?

It doesn't need to be translated, I just said if someone wanted to find more info, they can.
I believe I was referring to Queen regarding that.

EDIT: Regarding Ichiji, I'll see what the translation request brings back.
Gotcha
EDIT2: And bear in mind, I'm not trying to argue "No, I definitely think Ichiji's attack is below lightspeed", so don't think I'm trying to be overly harsh here.
Gotcha, thanks

So at this point there is consensus to give Franky and PX actual SOL but not Ichi and the OP's remarks have been addressed. This should be closed.

We have not finished discussing Queen's and Ichiji's lasers and nobody has conceded on both ends.
That's not a reason to keep this open. You brought up why you want Likely removed in the OP and that was addressed. If threads stayed open until the poster conceded we would have a lot of open threads.

Of course it is different if there is still meaningful discussion being had but it looks like at this point we're just waiting on material that may or may not come at anytime which is what new threads are for.

That's not a reason to keep this open. You brought up why you want Likely removed in the OP and that was addressed. If threads stayed open until the poster conceded we would have a lot of open threads.

Of course it is different if there is still meaningful discussion being had but it looks like at this point we're just waiting on material that may or may not come at anytime which is what new threads are for.
Let me add on then.

Queen's lasers show the light onomatopoeia and it's from a realistic source. And like I proved in the OP
Basically, Vegapunk's the only person to manufacture laser tech from scratch, and everybody else who made it basically replicated it off of Vegapunk, so anyone with laser tech should get it.
He would've had the same tech.
2 Criteria fulfilled outside of the Vegapunk portion.
Which means he has lightspeed lasers.

Queen qualifies.

Ichiji's powers are light based and they come from a technological source.
2 Criteria fulfilled.
Which means he has lightspeed lasers.

Ichiji qualifies.

Queen's lasers show the light onomatopoeia and it's from a realistic source
It was my understanding you are waiting for confirmation about this? If you can provide the material right now go for it. If you are waiting/hoping for it to come to you this should be closed.

I am okay with Queen getting the laser but I want to respect the rule about raid revisions.

Also if their is a "onomatopoeia" in every instance Kizaru's laser/replica is used then that counts as evidence against Ichi.

It was my understanding you are waiting for confirmation about this? If you can provide the material right now go for it. If you are waiting/hoping for it to come to you this should be closed.
Also if their is a "onomatopoeia" in every instance Kizaru's laser/replica is used then that counts as evidence against Ichi.
No because Ichiji doesn't charge up his laser like the others, he just shoots it out.

No because Ichiji doesn't charge up his laser like the others
All the more reason it does not get a pass. it is too dissimilar and every LS feat was given such strictly because of the similarity, because it mimicks the other in form and execution.

Caesar Clown says that Vegapunk's the only person he knows who can make laser tech

Functions similarly to light beams

I already said why his lasers would be LS on this thread. It got "likely" for being similar.

All the more reason it does not get a pass. it is too dissimilar and every LS feat was given such strictly because of the similarity, because it mimicks the other in form and execution.
It mainly got a pass because it was light and it was formed out of a technological source.
You're telling me because the source of the laser isn't the same as a robot or a light human that it shouldn't qualify?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back