• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Lasers Pt 2 (Black Coffee and Maser Cannon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I just wanted to get this over with real quick. It's the implementation of 1 ability.

Queen should get these added to his profile for his single ability.
Breath Attack, Limited Light Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation, Heat Manipulation and Energy Projection with Black Coffee, and Cyborgization Type 1 because of one of the justifications below.

He should also get Speed of Light with Black Coffee attack.

Queen has a beam attack.
Currently we don't accept the irl dictionary definition of beam, which is
a ray or shaft of light.
"a beam of light flashed in front of her"
Because then everyone with the word beam in their attack would get it.

In One Piece, we have information that the definition is consistent.
iEQU6mO.png
dP6V93w.png

"Ray of light" hints to Kizaru's ability
Pe9W5FM.png
O4Jlw75.png

Showing that all "beams" in One Piece are comprised of light.

Consistent with how the only other "beams" we see are the Noro Noro beams, which are comprised out of light and have been accepted as lightspeed.

So beams = comprised of light in One Piece.

Queen is a cyborg.
Q3bQcrY.png

He has a realistic technological source, which is the same, if not similar, as everyone else's (except Kizaru) source of laser production.

His lasers function similarly, if not the same, to everyone else w/ Kizaru's lasers in the way that they are charged and the way they are shot..

So yeah, they function the same.

Another one, the Maser Cannon.

A maser produces electromagnetic radiation, which moves at lightspeed.
The raws 鳴光砲 call it Roaring Light Cannon.
2RnxYA3.png

It's produced when a living fire creature, a living lightning creature, and a sword combine energies and blast it.

The beam also produces an explosion akin to the ones produced by Kizaru's lasers.

I'm not going to assume the science behind it, I'll just say because since it looks similar to the other lasers in the series and it produces a similar explosion, it should get a possibly Speed of Light if not a full on Speed of Light. Aiming towards possibly because it's all speculation.

In conclusion.

His lasers are comprised out of light, come from a technological source, and act similar, if not the same, to other lasers in the series. Queen should get a speed of light w/ Black Coffee.

Maser Cannon should be possibly lightspeed.

Edit: Thanks Damage for the Maser Cannon information

Last edited:
I agree with everything regarding Black Coffee (Queens laser).

I'm a bit skeptical on maeser canon though due to the recent chapter mentioning it doing internal damage.

I agree with everything regarding Black Coffee (Queens laser).

I'm a bit skeptical on maeser canon though due to the recent chapter mentioning it doing internal damage.
It did internal damage because it tore through the body.

What else tears through the body? Every OP laser we've seen in the series.

It did internal damage because it tore through the body.

What else tears through the body? Every OP laser we've seen in the series.
I agree and it may just be poor scan quality but it doesn't look like the maser canon has torn through her in the recent chapter. If it is just poor scan quality I completely agree with the maser canon having "possibly light speed".

I agree and it may just be poor scan quality but it doesn't look like the maser canon has torn through her in the recent chapter. If it is just poor scan quality I completely agree with the maser canon having "possibly light speed".
It might be the quality, because unlike every "piercing" attack, the maser cannon was shown to pierce through and leave a hole in the body.

1st one seems fine. Queen's is identical to every other laser in the series.

Less sure about the second. It is NOT identical to the rest. MASER stands for radiation. I think Big Mom's laser could be faster and more powerful than just light but a likley SoL is fine for now IMO.

I share the same sentiment I think if it was SoL ulti probably could’ve dodged it or attempt to. Instead it blitzed her
Personally I have no issues with a Speed of Light beam blitzing Ulti.

But I think that "possibly Speed of Light attack speed" is best for it.

Showing that all "beams" in One Piece are comprised of light.

Consistent with how the only other "beams" we see are the Noro Noro beams, which are comprised out of light and have been accepted as lightspeed.

So beams = comprised of light in One Piece.
So.... Light speed for boa's beams? Link and link? (databook? Ill see if I found anything) edit: Don't think I find anything about beams link and link

Last edited:
I am wondering about Hancock's Mero Mero beam. It is indeed called a beam and mistaken for the Noro Noro beam and beyond the effects both beams function very similar.

Maybe it could be given "Possibly Speed of Light attack speed with Mero Mero Beams" due to its similarities with the Noro Noro beams.

So.... Light speed for boa's beams? Link and link? (databook? Ill see if I found anything) edit: Don't think I find anything about beams link and link
Boa's attacks were never stated to be beams canonically. The only media where they are called beams are FUNimation.

But since it's mistaken for the Noro Noro and it follows 1 criteria (not being tangible), you could argue for a possibly.

Boa's attacks were never stated to be beams canonically. The only media where they are called beams are FUNimation.
I didn't even realize that, I recently translated all the stuff I could find for boa Hancock in the Databooks so I'll check if there is anything referring to it as a beam.

Edit: Well from the translations I kept saved there doesn't seem to be any mention of it being a beam.

Last edited:
I agree with everything, but

Slightly skeptical about Maser Cannon for reasons already stated above, and because it's not really made of light, but out of lightning and fire.

A maser produces electromagnetic radiation, which moves at lightspeed.
The raws 鳴光砲 call it Roaring Light Cannon.
I agree with everything, but

Slightly skeptical about Maser Cannon for reasons already stated above, and because it's not really made of light, but out of lightning and fire.
I Feel like it's light infused with other elements but I'm not sure since I'm not up to date edit: Just realized it's big mom... Not technological... But lightning is made of light 🌚

Last edited:
We accept Niji as lightspeed already

All judge is doing there is coating his foot in the energy
Well I was using that to support the Maser Cannon which could be light speed the same way niji did (both producing electromagnetic) link

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back