• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

20241023_223912.jpg

what you guys thing of the fan letter?
I really liked it! I hope they do another one for the rest of them. I do think the Brook one was a little low on substance, though. The Nami one was an objective improvement over the novel version. A young girl being a inspired by Nami and a fan of the other Straw because of her is way more sympathetic than a dude who doesn't shower and wants to meet Nami as a member of her crew or as a marine for some nasty-ass reasons.

Question for everyone in this thread: Who's your favorite Straw Hat?
Mine is Franky. Second favorite is probably Luffy, as plain as that may seem.
Would put Sanji up there but the pervert gags really bog him down imo, he'd be a nearly perfect character if those gags were toned down.

Would put Sanji up there but the pervert gags really bog him down imo, he'd be a nearly perfect character if those gags were toned down.
The Sanji gag kinda works in the manga since it can take up a panel or two and be done with, but in anime form it's always worse since it has to get stretched out by nature of the medium, and it just makes him look... yeah.

That dog scene in Egghead was diabolical.

The Sanji gag kinda works in the manga since it can take up a panel or two and be done with, but in anime form it's always worse since it has to get stretched out by nature of the medium, and it just makes him look... yeah.

That dog scene in Egghead was diabolical.
Seems like you've forgotten the mermaid nose bleed thing.
That's the type of stuff I'm referring to. I'm fine with him saying stuff like "Oh you're so hot Stussy let me be your slave my queen", that's weird but it's admittedly a little funny. How ever, him using the Raid Suit to try and stalk women in the bath house is just.. Ugh.

Seems like you've forgotten the mermaid nose bleed thing.
That's the type of stuff I'm referring to. I'm fine with him saying stuff like "Oh you're so hot Stussy let me be your slave my queen", that's weird but it's admittedly a little funny. How ever, him using the Raid Suit to try and stalk women in the bath house is just.. Ugh.
Oh yeah, I definitely erased the Fishman Island stuff from my memory until now lol. Fair enough, that should NEVER be a thing again.

Thankfully I get to experience it all again in modern animation during the Anime hiatus.

1. Jinbe
2. Zoro/Robin
3. Luffy/Franky

Is there anything that has a similar vibe to the fan latter? Maybe like film Baron Omatsuri? Or is it a whole new vibe?

For me, Sanji's gag ranges exhale chuckle funny to eh at most. It almost never affects the plot in significant ways and when it does it always has a net-positive result. Even in Fishman Island the gag was hilarious and without it we wouldn't have been introduced to the fishman-human blood transfusion plotline.

For me, Sanji's gag ranges exhale chuckle funny to eh at most. It almost never affects the plot in significant ways and when it does it always has a net-positive result. Even in Fishman Island the gag was hilarious and without it we wouldn't have been introduced to the fishman-human blood transfusion plotline.
Again the gag it self is typically funny/well done, I do not mind it most of the time, but like I said before sometimes it goes too far. Again the bath house thing, and the whole invisibility fruit fiasco.

Zoro
Usopp
Luffy

Zoro
Luffy
Franky
Same here, and also i didn't like some of his stuff in the last arcs. like giving him the raid suit and then taking it away and giving him a new power up, it was like Oda couldn't decide what kind of power to give Sanji.

The train trio will always be my favorite.

Pre-Timeskip rankings were
Usopp>>Franky>Sanji

Now it's like

Usopp>=Sanji>Franky.

4e704baaf2da1925cd4f136c609d5393.jpg

Back