• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Gear 2nd Luffy Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Gear 3rd Luffy one-shot Monster Hody with absolute ease, should he upscale to Baseline 7-A+ since the multiplier between 550 megatons and 490 megatons is only 1.12x?

Should we include a rating for base Luffy with Buso? He was able to do somewhat comparable damage to overdosed Hody as Gear 2nd (plus some feats against Doffy)

Edit: just realised regular Base Luffy is scaling to Overdosed Body's rating, so if we scale Overdosed Hody to Gear 2nd's rating what happens to Base Luffy?

Last edited:
Yall pulling scaling chains out of yall asses.

Tashigi ~ Monet > Robin and Nami > Green Dragon > Red Dragon > Gear 2nd Luffy
Doflamingo > G2nd Luffy for calling him physically weak. DJ Sanji > G2nd Luffy for Doflamingo calling him physically strong.
Doflamingo > DJ Sanji for blocking his kick with his leg
Doflamingo > Luffy's Dura ~ Kata > Oven.

Sanji and Jinbe's scaling is wrong.
They currently scale to 2x Wadatsumi for hurting him with Energy Steroids, who took a hit from Luffy without it. Read FMI again.
Luffy broke his tooth.
They'd just scale with Jinbe being able to 1v1 him and Sanji taking a hit from both of them.

Jinbe's AP ~ G2nd Luffy's AP
Sanji's AP ~ Vergo's AP ~ Sanji's Dura

Zoro's scaling is also wrong, because we act as if Zoro's casual AP is over Hyo when that's his strongest moves, then we list everybody as "more of a threat than Hyouzou who has a durability feat".
Zoro'd scale where he scales for casually hurting Monet and being casually stronger than her and the other Straw Hats, and his stronger techniques would scale to 4x Luffy, instead of the narrative that he's casually 4x stronger.
Wait, Robin's attack was strong enough to break a few of Transformed Monet's fangs off, and her fangs are strong enough to clash with Tashigi's haki-imbued sword. So why is Robin scaling below Monet and Tashigi?

Should we include a rating for base Luffy with Buso? He was able to do somewhat comparable damage to overdosed Hody as Gear 2nd (plus some feats against Doffy)
Definitely wouldn't say comparable damage to Overdosed Hody as Gear 2nd. Gear 2nd while injured knocked him across the ocean and made it hard for him to breathe. Base with Haki knocked him into cliffs.
Luffy's feats on Doffy were a really weakened Doflamingo. Even Doffy said his G2nd hits had no weight
Edit: just realised regular Base Luffy is scaling to Overdosed Body's rating, so if we scale Overdosed Hody to Gear 2nd's rating what happens to Base Luffy?
We're not scaling Hody to G2nd. We're just saying G3rd did more damage to Monster than G2nd did to Overdosed.

See, now we can't even do that, cause then it's some shit in logic that won't work.

Unless we amp the pill multiplier, we can't do it, since before G2nd scaled unquantifiably above base

The 4x thing makes sense to me, at least for Beginning-of-Timeskip Gear 3 Luffy.

If Gear 3 did more damage to something >=4x the thing Gear 2nd damaged, then it makes sense for Gear 3 to be >=4x Gear 2nd, at least for Fishman Island to Dressrosa Arc Luffy

Wait, Robin's attack was strong enough to break a few of Transformed Monet's fangs off, and her fangs are strong enough to clash with Tashigi's haki-imbued sword. So why is Robin scaling below Monet and Tashigi?

This isn't really valid; just breaking apart a Logia.

Robin could also break Aokiji into pieces but she obviously doesn't scale to Aokiji.

It makes more sense but we don't accept it.
But why not?

For Fairy Tail, we accept a 4x multiplier for things like Fire Dragon King Mode Natsu and Alegria form Mirajane because they did more damage to Spriggan-tier opponents than Dragon Force Gajeel did (and Dragon Force is a >=4x multiplier like the 2 steroid pills were for Hody).

I see next to no difference.

But why not?

For Fairy Tail,
A lesson.
Stop comparing verses.
we accept a 4x multiplier for things like Fire Dragon King Mode Natsu and Alegria form Mirajane because they did more damage to Spriggan-tier opponents than Dragon Force Gajeel did (and Dragon Force is a >=4x multiplier like the 2 steroid pills were for Hody).
No.

Those scale above other forms who have statements of multiplication in power who scale above 4x amps.
Gear 3rd has no multiplier statement. All it does have is feats of hurting people.
Those people scale above their own multipliers.

This is essentially trying to make someone 500 Megatons for 1 shotting someone who's 100 Megatons because they did more damage in comparison to a weaker form not one shotting a version that's ~27 Megatons

This isn't really valid; just breaking apart a Logia.

Robin could also break Aokiji into pieces but she obviously doesn't scale to Aokiji.
Huh? I think maybe you're misunderstanding me. I agree with you that Robin shouldn't scale to Monet for just breaking her body apart. But when she broke Monet's body apart she broke off a few of Transformed Monet's fangs, which were strong enough to clash with Tashigi's haki-imbued sword without breaking. That's why I asked Tempest my question in the first place.

But why not?

For Fairy Tail, we accept a 4x multiplier for things like Fire Dragon King Mode Natsu and Alegria form Mirajane because they did more damage to Spriggan-tier opponents than Dragon Force Gajeel did (and Dragon Force is a >=4x multiplier like the 2 steroid pills were for Hody).

I swear to god Essesso, you pull this shit one more time and you’ll face my wrath

Ok, so now we all have a general idea of the scaling, and mods seem to approve.

Is this good to be applied now?

It makes more sense but we don't accept it.
One more thing about the Gear 3rd scaling:

So if Gear 2nd damaged something with a durability of, say, 20 points, but Gear 3rd did clearly more damage to something with a durability of >= 80 points, shouldn't that be valid for evidence of Gear 3rd being >= 4x Gear 2nd?

I mean, that's basically the reasoning we're using for people scaling to 2-4 times gear 2nd who do more damage to people on 1-2 steroids than Gear 2nd Luffy did to those same people when they weren't on steroids (like Hyouzou and Wadatsumi).

Also, a support for this is how the energy steroids are AT LEAST a 2x multiplier each (so 2x is just the minimum), as stated in a recent CRT on Hyouzou's AP and how it backscales from his steroid buff

One more thing about the Gear 3rd scaling:

So if Gear 2nd damaged something with a durability of, say, 20 points, but Gear 3rd did clearly more damage to something with a durability of >= 80 points, shouldn't that be valid for evidence of Gear 3rd being >= 4x Gear 2nd?
No if Hody’s dura is 5 points.
I mean, that's basically the reasoning we're using for people scaling to 2-4 times gear 2nd who do more damage to people on 1-2 steroids than Gear 2nd Luffy did to those same people when they weren't on steroids (like Hyouzou and Wadatsumi).
The difference is that those people don’t get hurt (Hyouzou, Wadatsumi’s tooth was broken)
Multiplying someone’s dura and scaling off of that is completely different than scaling off multiplied AP.
Also, a support for this is how the energy steroids are AT LEAST a 2x multiplier each (so 2x is just the minimum), as stated in a recent CRT on Hyouzou's AP and how it backscales from his steroid buff
There’s no minimum. It’s only 2x. They say it’s a 2x

No if Hody’s dura is 5 points.
I'll tenatively agree to that.
The difference is that those people don’t get hurt (Hyouzou, Wadatsumi’s tooth was broken)
Multiplying someone’s dura and scaling off of that is completely different than scaling off multiplied AP.
I think I understand that.
There’s no minimum. It’s only 2x. They say it’s a 2x
Then why was Base Hyouzou's ap put at "at most 1/4" of his AP with 2 steroids (which each double his AP, so a total 4x multiplier)?

Well, with that out of the way, I think enough people have agreed on the Gear 2nd upgrade for this to be accepted!

Btw, since Pre-Colosseum Chinjao matched Gear 2nd Luffy and base Cavendish matched Pre-Colosseum Chinjao, they would both be upgraded as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back