• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Dressrosa King Kong Gun Scaling

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Yeah, this is just something I noticed since I was looking at the Doffy's Strings stuff

So we consider 1 of Doffy's Strings Durability to be 122.596 Megatons (Mountain level)

Now with Luffy's King Kong Gun, he completely shattered and broke through both Doffy's Sixteen Holy Bullets God Thread as well as his Spider Net. Now these are two of Doffy's most durable types of strings as the Spider Net is his greatest Defense move and his Sixteen Holy Bullets God Thread are coated in Buso Haki. Now the punch shattered all the 16 strings of the God Thread and at the very least shattered the interior circle of the Spider Net. Now to count the amount of strings in the interior and add it to the 16 of the God Thread, this is an total of at least 33 strings, meaning that Luffy's King Kong Gun at the time of Dressrosa would be at least 4.05 Gigatons (Large Mountain level+), but since Luffy easily shattered all of these threads that were amped more than just the strings themselves, as they had Buso on them, making the King Kong Gun upscale to 4.3 Gigatons (Island level) should be fine

That's pretty much it, just upgrading the King Kong Gun to baseline 6-C

I guess this doesn't affect anything else. Shouldn't really be a problem for the King Kong Gun to scale to baseline Island level (as much as I hate upscaling).

Although, just to be clear... does this really work for how AP is added up? It looked like he punches and breaks the God Thread first, then the Spider Web after it.

If you punch through Person A, and your fist carries on to punch through Person B behind them, then is your AP equal to the durability of Person A + the durability of Person B?

I guess this doesn't affect anything else. Shouldn't really be a problem for the King Kong Gun to scale to baseline Island level (as much as I hate upscaling).

Although, just to be clear... does this really work for how AP is added up? It looked like he punches and breaks the God Thread first, then the Spider Web after it.

If you punch through Person A, and your fist carries on to punch through Person B behind them, then is your AP equal to the durability of Person A + the durability of Person B?
I don't believe so. The AP of attack just needs to be superior to each of their durabilities. The same way how over powering two fighters at the same time does not mean you are 2x them.

1. Are we sure that this doesn't affect anyone or anything else?

2. 6-C Dressrosa arc? YES.

I agree of course.

1. Are we sure that this doesn't affect anyone or anything else?

In the manga, Luffy doesn't use the King Kong Gun on anything or anyone until he's training in the Wano arc and pulverizes a block of steel with it. So it can't affect anyone else.

The AP of attack just needs to be superior to each of their durabilities.
Agree with the answer to that. You just have to have higher AP than the stronger thing to break the weaker thing behind/infront of it. It doesn't stack.
This adds up with Luffy's strongest attacks in G4 scaling to x4 or higher, so I fully agree

Back