• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece CRT: Kaido Scaling to Zunesha

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece CRT: Zunesha Scaling

Currently, Kaido (One Piece) is accepted to scale to Zunesha on the wiki due to claims that Kaido is, allegedly, the strongest creature in the world, therefore he must be superior in AP to Zunesha.

Fairly simple rationale. Fairly easy to counter, too. Let's look at the pro-side first.

Why Kaido Scales To Zunesha
Literally this single sca. "People say" is the entire reason we base Kaido's scaling to Zunesha off of. No narration here confirms that Kaido objectively IS the strongest creature in the world, it's confirming people THINK that and gives no rationale as to WHY they think it, beyond his surviving being beaten and captured 18 times.

People in the One Piece world also think the Marines are righteous and Pirates are evil, but I suppose that's another topic entirely on discrediting the intellect of a populace at large, so let's move on.

The Elephant In The Room With The Pro-Scaling Argument
Really wanted to make that joke

Given the following:

1. We accept the One Piece population is correct in their assessment

2. We accept that the One Piece population has adequate knowledge such to make the assessment accurate

3. No feats exist such that Kaido could circumvent this claim via anything than a direct clash with Zunesha

Then he would scale. I have already pointed out a snide jab at how absurd presumption #1 is in and of itself. However, presumption #2, which is necessary to the claim being accurate, is objectively fallible.

Zou has been the home of the Mink Tribe for exactly 1000 years, according to the Minks themselves. They are knowledged in how Zou works and operates, they've LIVED ON IT FOR 1000 YEARS. This is very important, because:

Nobody on Zou believed Zunesha was a sentient being with a will until well after we get the claim about Kaido's strength.

To reiterate: the people who inhabit the island didn't believe the elephant is anything sentient or has a will. They don't think it can fight, their first reaction to the elephant coming under attack was Inaurashi ordering fleets to engage Jack at sea, and they also had never experienced, in those 1000 years, Zunesha coming under attack

If the people who have lived there for an entire millenium have no reason to believe Zunesha has combat abilities, how on earth can anyone reasonably believe the claim of commoners in the world of One Piece that Kaido is stronger than it? Why would we scale Kaido to a creature nobody thought had a will or combat abilities? Do we presume the common folk have Information Analysis and compared Kaido's stats to this random giant elephant? Do we presume Kaido fought literally every single creature in the world at some point in time to earn the title? Do we presume the common folk of One Piece would even know of Zou and think 'yup, that's a big critter alright, Kaido totally could take it on based on literally no information I have access to'.

No, we don't, because that's absurd, ridiculous, and fallacious. Even attempting to argue for accepting it would likely make me question your rationale ipso facto. Nobody has seen Zunesha attacked. Nobody knows it can even defend itself. Nobody knows its combat capability. Nobody would have any reasonable way to claim Kaido is stronger than a completely unknown creature.

Further Issues
Given that Presumptions #1 and 2 are questionable, but could be accepted solely to wank Kaido scaling to Zunesha, let's examine presumption #3, that Kaido would have to overcome Zunesha directly in a 1-on-1 fight to beat it, and therefore scales.

Considering Zunesha is nearly killed by cannonballs, that's a Negative, Ghostrider.

Zunesha's skin is so fragile that cannon fire objectively gouges its flesh and starts to cripple the elephant, threatening to bring it down to its knees. Kaido could, unironically, launch a single breath attack attack at Zunesha from a distance and bring it to its knees.

Scaling Kaido to Zunesha's AP due to Zunesha having an explicit weakness that lets even cannonballs harm it is.....well that's questionable.

Conclusion
To reiterate the Pro-Scaling Argument:

1. Kaido is believed to scale solely because of things the general population in One Piece believes to be true

To reiterate the No-Scaling Argument:

1. The general population being an objective indicator of truth is, itself, hilariously reaching

2. The people who have lived on Zunesha's back for 1000 years don't think it has combat abilities. How would anyone think Kaido scales to a power nobody is aware of?

3. Kaido could obviously kill Zunesha in a 1-on-1 due to the fact that cannon fire was about to take it down if not for Momonosuke telling Zunesha to defend itself. Killing a defenseless, weak-spot-ridden foe in a 1-on-1 does not scale you to it.

As a side note, titles really shouldn't scale people, especially since there is precedent on-site for not letting titles in One Piece scale: Mihawk was denied scaling to any swordsman regardless of possessing the title World's Strongest Swordsman. So already several persons have previous agreement with this thread based on that alone, unless their minds suddenly changed (doubtful, since Mihawk actually has objective claims of at least beating any and every challenger for that title until he found nobody worthy anymore; that's actually objectively more than Kaido has going for him, and Mihawk was denied. It'd be the pinnacle of hypocrisy to let Kaido scale, in addition to everything else I lay out.)

I'm not even going to waste my time reading all of this for I have better things to do but it's quite simple.

Kaido is labeled as the strongest creature in the world. Zunesha isn't.

Anything Zunesha can do, Kaido can because his title literally puts him > Zunesha in terms of strength.

Any argument relying on Mihawk is moot or we're just lowballing him to oblivion and shouldn't be taken into account.

The OP looks very straight forward to me. I agree with it.

Calaca didn't even bother reading the OP, so his comment can be safely ignored.

Cal, you're a staff member, you should at least bother to read the OP otherwise you're going to be ignored.

Either way, this is pretty straightforward evidence that Kaido should not be scaling to Zunesha. Those that are most knowledgeable about Zunesha are still not that knowledgeable about Zunesha, yet for some reason we're supposed to believe that others are somehow accurate in the statement that Kaido is a stronger creature than Zunesha? That's asinine.

Also, how hypocritical of us to deny Mihawk scaling from the statement "World's Strongest Swordsman", yet we accept Kaido's "World's Strongest Creature".

I agree with the OP.

So..... Kaido who should be comparable to Whitebeard, is now being compared to Zunesha who is a tier below Kaido? Would this downgrade Kaido's AP to 6-C? Because then Big Mom would also be downgraded. Geez being a One Piece fan on this site is frustrating. Meanwhile Sonic fans and Steven Universe fans can run wild with wank.

Seems it, no offense Xurlev and Damage but you really only ever propose downgrades at least for as long as I've been on the site. And whenever an upgrade is proposed(even if it is an obvious one like the recent one involving Asura having its multiplier for post-timeskip) you seem to always be in the opposition.

Eminiteable said:
Seems it, no offense Xurlev and Damage but you really only ever propose downgrades at least for as long as I've been on the site.
Is that in any way relevant? You should stop derailing the thread.

@ChocomilkAlex; no fandom on here should be able to freely wank their characters. If you look at Kaido's profile, one of the justifications for his ratings is that is supposedly comparable to Zunesha which this thread aims to fix for the reasons laid out in the OP.

Then again, Mihawk's opinion (imo) probably isn't a lie. If you ask me, I believe there is a possible scaling in this.

If it were some random marine who said it, then I would say lol he's unaware of the gap in power.

Should we all speculate if King really ate the Ryu Ryu no Mi, Model: Pteranodon? It was revealed the same way Kaido was the revealed as the World's Strongest Creature and in the same way Mihawk is revealed(the majority of the time) he appears on panel as the world's strongest Swordsman.

Ok so if we're saying that Kaido is not comparable to Zunesha, than we should say that he is comparable to Big Mom who scales to Whitebeard.

@ChocomilkAlex; that's already on his scaling.

@Eminiteable; have you actually read the OP?

I don't disagree with Mihawk being the world strongest swordsman at all.

When it comes to OP for some reason the fandom wanks and downplays certain characters which I hate.

This literally isnt even a downgrade. Has anyone denying my OP even bothered to use their eyes and read what I'm claiming?

This is removing inaccurate scaling from Kaido and his profile. He still scales to other Yonko. Claiming I hate one piece by caring about its accurate portrayal is....well its rather silly and incredibly lacking any form of higher intellect to claim.

So far literally nobody disagrees based in any form of counter argument to my OP, and several agree.

I'll be honest I didn't read the thread until now, good thread! Might make a thread trying to get Mihawk's rating back(thought some things over and this thread has brought some things to my mind).

@astral

I myself think Mihawk has the feats to support his claim based on his Vivre Card. I discussed offsite with CinCameron on it and he disagrees vehemently however, as does Damage.

However this is besides the point of my thread. Mihawk is only relevant insofar as precedent for the One Piece verse not accepting titles to scale.

Anyways agreed with the thread. I never realised the "people say" was mentioned with the Worlds storngest Creature statement.

Cool. I say wait 24 hours to see if anyone actually has a reason for disagreeing, and if not you can make the changes Xulrev.

I thought I blacklisted this verse from discussion but whatever.

But no, Kaido does not scale to Zushina. Not because of the OP's argument, in fact because I think that he doesn't really do the other side justice and it does grate me.

But mostly because if I had a dollar for everytime someone was the 'Strongest (insert species/hero name here) in the World' or something along those lines.

I could pay off all my student debt.

Now I am fine with a 'possibly' but not a 'definite'.

Kaido hasn't fought Zushina before and even Jack was clapped with a single trunk swing.

Yes, Kaido >>>> Jack

But it is hard for me to say that just because Kaido is called the strongest by the marines doesn't mean he can tangle with Zushina, a character who we are basing on a single casual attack.

I swear the amount of changes this verse goes through is making me lose my marbles but short: NO.

I agree with Damage and Xulrev for once, even though my reasoning is basically different (well, this goes into MIhawk as well but at least he has previous scaling)

That's part of my argument to be fair Sins; the title is meaningless unless those giving it to him have valid canon reason to believe so and are objective indicators of truth.

Glad to see general agreement on the thread thus far though

Xulrev said:
To be fair, I have very clickbaity revision titles so it is the opposite of what I usually do lol. At least your title is uhhhh... pragmatic.

But yeah, the only thing I can think of is some complicated backwards scaling to Zushina's foddering trunk to somehow get god usopp to tier 1.

Other then that however, there isnt really much to discuss imo. I would still wait for a day or two to see if there is a stronger argument for this scaling but you probably already got that covered.

╠Âj╠Âu╠Âs╠Ât╠ ╠Âw╠Âa╠Âi╠Ât╠ ╠Âf╠Âo╠Âr╠ ╠Âl╠Âu╠Âf╠Âf╠Ây╠ ╠Âv╠Âs╠ ╠Âk╠Âa╠Âi╠Âd╠Âo╠ ╠Âr╠Âo╠Âu╠Ân╠Âd╠ ╠Â2╠ ╠Ây╠Âa╠Âl╠Âl╠ ╠Âi╠ ╠Âg╠Âu╠Âa╠Âr╠Âa╠Ân╠Ât╠Âe╠Âe╠ ╠Âw╠Âe╠ ╠Âw╠Âi╠Âl╠Âl╠ ╠Âg╠Âe╠Ât╠ ╠Âa╠Ân╠ ╠Âu╠Âp╠Âg╠Âr╠Âa╠Âd╠Âe╠ ╠Âj╠Âu╠Âs╠Ât╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠ ╠Âp╠Âa╠Ât╠Âi╠Âe╠Ân╠Ât╠Â

Goken is durability negating regardless, so that gets....iffy in and of itself. Also, another thread altogether for the future

Xulrev said:
Zunesha wasn't going to die because of the cannonballs, the only thing they did was harming his leg.

No, Zunesha was going to die because Jack (a guy far weaker than Kaido) was going to kill him, since the elephant was forbidden to defend himself or do anything except walking.

I did say before but i will tell again, the cannonballs's argument is a very piss poor excuse.

Whitebeard had be harm by cannonballs, despire be far above characters who should be able to tank explosions on that level.

@Stefano

Yes the defenseless creature whose skin can be breached by cannonballs was going to have its eyes assailed by Jack. Not good scaling.

And yes Whitebeard, the dying, 70+ year old man who had suffered a heart attack and several lethal blows got hurt by cannonballs.

But I can even outright cede this argument and maintain accuracy in my OP

Xulrev said:
Yes the defenseless creature whose skin can be breached by cannonballs was going to have its eyes assailed by Jack. Not good scaling.
Yes the defenseless creature whose trunk's casual swings are 6-C, without suffering any harm in the process.

Also you forgot to mention that Jack had also wanted to cut off his tongue and tear its belly.

And yes Whitebeard, the dying, 70+ year old man who had suffered a heart attack and several lethal blows got hurt by cannonballs.

The dying, 70+ year old man who was still physically stronger than Luffy who was High 7-C at that time.

I agree with Stafano ablut WB

I also believe we need to address the scaling of WB and the perception that people have of Old Sickly WB being weak. Just like Stefano said WB was still stronger than Luffy.

The entire thing regarding Whitebeard is another topic altogether truly. But at the end of the day, the dude objectively was nowhere near his peak and in no way was on top of his game.

First of all I have to dissect the OP objective points from the massive amount of insultig subjective language Xulrev used suggesting anyone on the pro side is dumb . . . hold on a minute . . .

Okay now with that done.

Xulrev's argument: Zuu isn't Sentient thereofre he doesn't count

FALSE: In no way does anyone link Zuu's sentience to scaling. That's all on you. Zuu doesn't have to have "Will" or even have to "fight" Kaido. the narrative is that Kaido is the strongest which means he's above WB, BM, Garp, and yes, Zuu. Zuu's strength is determined by its size, not any battle it has been in.

The Mihawk argument is also without grounds. Mihawk has WSS title and anti-feats. Kaido has Strongest title and supporting feats. The two cannot be compared in any way shape or form.

Xulrev is also wrong about the single panel. Power of the strongest creature was included when he took out Luffy and if I'm not mistaken the databooks, novel, and interviews with Oda cite Kaido as the strongest as well.

P:S Keep in mind Zuu scales to either baseline 6-C or low 6-B depending on calc. Both of which are below WB's power which is again below Kaido.

I recomment the OP rejected and this thread be closed. Also we should stop with all these downgrade threads popping up together. It shows a rush to downgrade the verse and nothing accurate happens in a rush.

Damage3245 said:
Got any proof to back up your claims Dr. Fix?
I think you maybe confused Damage. Xulrev is the one with claims. I'm pointing out the error in logic. You'll have to be more specific if you mean something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back