• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece CRT: Kaido Scaling to Zunesha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fix, I recommend you actually read the comments. I point out how this is in no way a downgrade. It physically cannot be SINCE KAIDO SCALES TO THE YONKO, a point I make several times.

This is removing inaccurate scaling.

You also made several claims without any evidence. I find myself in another thread wherein I'm providing proof and being assailed by counterpoints made without such

Well, the risk is that we are building towards Damage3245 declaring the Whitebeard 6-B feat as an outlier, since all of the supporting feats have been undermined or removed. Mind you, I love One Piece, but I have to try to remain reasonably neutral.

What Damage wishes to do doesnt really have impact on my rationale or what I've objectively pointed toward, thankfully. As I stated earlier in this very thread, I spoke offsite with him about the Mihawk thread and could not change his mind, for instance. And that was an effort to get Mihawk upgraded to scale to Shanks.

I dont believe harboring any doubt about Damages intent should be applied to MY threads, in short, since I actually do disagree with him on a bit of One Piece scaling

Antvasima said:
Well, the risk is that we are building towards Damage3245 declaring the Whitebeard 6-B feat as an outlier, since all of the supporting feats have been undermined or removed. Mind you, I love One Piece, but I have to try to remain reasonably neutral.
I wouldn't say the risk isn't worth worrying about regarding that, seeing as I have been declaring the Whitebeard feat an outlier since the moment the calc was created.

Anyway it is separate topic altogether from this thread.

Well, personally I would prefer to scale Kaido to both Whitebeard and Zunesha, but I unfortunately do not have the time and energy to argue about it.

I also think that Mihawk should scale to Shanks by the way.

Didn't narration/the author state that Kaido is the strongest creature in the world in terms of raw physical power though?

@Ant

Agreed on Mihawk, but I got overruled by majority vote. If I'm feeling frisky I may revisit that thread later.

As to the narration, I only found the statement I link as the very first imgur link in my OP. I've not found anything else that states as such but could look again

I would like to hear the antifeats for Mihawk tbqh because I swear if it's crocodile and Vista then that's not gonna hold up.

Hmm. I vaguely recall that something similar was stated in conjunction with the debut of his dragon form, but am not certain.

Did a quick and dirty search whilst on lunch right now: https://v1.mangabeast01.com/manga/One-Piece/0921-017.png dragon form introduction, no narration.

The only other reference to his strongest creature title is Trafalgar Law in chapter 697 confirming that other people claim Kaido is strongest: https://v93.**********.com/manga/One-Piece-Digital-Colored-Comics/0697-002.png

I think this reinforces my OP further

[URL='https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/0/09/6d29b8e8b6980246c35d8f05d74a45f5d7bc55ber1-1826-1300v2_hq.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20200109234629'][IMG alt="6d29b8e8b6980246c35d8f05d74a45f5d7bc55ber1-1826-1300v2 hq said:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/0/09/6d29b8e8b6980246c35d8f05d74a45f5d7bc55ber1-1826-1300v2_hq.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20200109234629[/IMG][/URL]
Antvasima"]
Didn't narration/the author state that Kaido is the strongest creature in the world in terms of raw physical power though?
That's the first I could find on short notice.

Anyway regardless of @Damage's motives the OP is clear:

Xulrev says Zuu was considered without will and shouldn't scale

Xulrev also points out Mihawk's title doessn't scale him

Counter

1) Zuu doesn't get his rating from any fight. His calcs are based purely on his size. Not kiting. Not will and any other objections Xulrev has. Its just an objective measure of Zuu's size points out the weakest he should be.

2) Mihawk has anti feats and was never scaled to his title to begin with. He was scaled because someone incorrectly thought Shanks was Yonko way back when he fought Mihawk. It never had anything to do with his title. Kaido has no anti feats so there is no reason to dismiss his title.

Bottom line we can add other characters to Kaido's reasoning but there's no reason to take out Zuu. Least not for the reason's Xulrev has brought up.

P:S For those wondering about said anti-feats look up the thread where Mihawk was downgraded.

I cannot confirm or deny the "Official" part right now. Just that Official=/=accurate. We use the one that mentions "Divine Thunder" here.

Fix im not saying its a translation difference. The actual manga itself does not possess any text for any such claim or title in that scan. Thats an editor addition from old scanlation sites

The only reason why it's not listed in the official translation is because the text from fan translations are the scans derived from the magazines. There's no point in putting it there for an online Viz translation.

I do agree with OP tho. Kaido shouldn't be scaled to Zunesha.

If the author/Oda inserts descriptions, I think that we can take them as canon. If it has been mentioned twice that Kaido is the strongest creature in the world, it can probably be used for scaling.

Also, I remember Mihawk stating that he and Shanks had clashed several times, and he is officially recognised as the world's strongest swordsman, so I think that he should scale.

@Antvasima; they're not descriptions written by Oda. They're editor notes.

Assuming you're talking about what Dr. Fix has brought up.

No Ant is talking about titles, and I agree with him for the most part but after Xurlevs points it does seem like Oda has gone for a different approach than usual by using terms such as "people say".

Yes, we do have guidelines on statements. And Xulrev has pointed out the flaws in these statements in the OP.

Tetsucabrah said:
imo just change it to "likely comparable". It's not worth a big CRT.
It's worth a big CRT in order to change people's minds because some people get stuck in a rut of thinking regarding these characters, and the OP fully explains exactly how that line of thinking is wrong.

The scaling should be removed completely from Kaido's profile.

I guess I agree with the logic in the OP.

I just think narratively it makes sense that Kaido would be stronger than Zunisha.

@Tetsucabrah; in theory Kaido can be stronger than Zunesha without scaling to Zunesha at all.

Speaking of Kaido shouldn't his Durability have "at least" before it since he's fought the Yonko and admirals and none of them have killed or scarred him so far?

Eminiteable said:
Speaking of Kaido shouldn't his Durability have "at least" before it since he's fought the Yonko and admirals and none of them have killed or scarred him so far?
I agree with this.

Eminiteable said:
At present Kaido scales to pretty much baseline Country level. The next tier is about 14x higher than that, so I don't think an "At least" is necessary.

Well, I suppose that we likely have to remove the Zunesha scaling then.

Anyway, regular Country level is fine for Kaido. However, again, Damage seems to plan to make the wiki consider the Whitebeard feat as an outlier.

@Antvasima; I can't change the entire wiki's minds if they disagree. I just plan on it being discussed more at the appropriate time.

I think it's important to be open-minded regarding potential changes.

Well, the feat was very explicit, and Whitebeard's quakes have also been felt across the enormous One Piece ocean to other countries, so I think that it seems to make sense.

Antvasima said:
Well, the feat was very explicit, and Whitebeard's quakes have been felt across the enormous One Piece ocean to other countries, so I think that it seems fine.
Also there have be multiple statements about his Devil Fruit to be able to destroy the world, while such quotes aren't to be taken literally, it does imply that his quake can potentially cause worldwide's destruction, maybe similar to Sensui with his earthquake feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back