• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Combination Based Gear 3rd and Asura Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Yeah I forgot about this and I'm mad that I did.

Luffy and Zoro need upgrades to be 5.2 3.9 Megatons.

Based on this thread, combined attacks actually add AP.

The 600 Pound Cannon is a combo of 3 1.3 Megaton fighters, and Luffy using 2 hands.

Left arm Luffy = 1.3 MT
Right arm Luffy = 1.3 MT

Lyfft = 1.3 MT
DJ Sanji = 1.3 MT
Santoryu Zoro = 1.3 MT

So the Pacifista pretty much took that much force and ended up with minor injuries.
Asura (to a drastically weakened and tired Zoro) and Gear 3rd (from a drastically weaker and tired Luffy) both damaged the Pacifista more than the prior techniques.

Asura damaged him more first, and Luffy scales due to being the strongest straw hat, so his strongest move should at least be as strong as Zoro's strongest moves.

Last edited:
So from this thread, the Pacifista’s Durability (Not his AP or SS), G3 Luffy and Asura Zoro would be all be upgraded to 5.2 Megatons, correct?

And Poor Sanji for not getting upgraded from this

Since the combined thread is accepted, then I guess I am okay with the change. This would applied to anybody else that scales to harming the Pacifista, and/or scales to G3 Luffy and Asura Zoro.

I know that Ivankov and Boa scales for harming the Pacifista. Kuma scales for being superior to the Pacifista, though only for defense unfortunately. think Crocodile is stated to be equal to G3 or something like that. Anybody else I don’t know

Okay, I know this is going to sound pretty typical of me to just be the one who opposes a CRT but I'm not against this because it's an upgrade, just because of a small technicality that I feel is being overlooked which I feel forced to mention because I had overlooked it myself until double-checking the chapter.

Luffy is rated as Small City level with Gear 2 because he harmed Asgard Moria with his Gear 2 attacks. I can see how it could be concluded that Luffy has 1.3 Megatons AP with each arm from that.

But when he "harmed" Moria though, he used Jet Rocket which used both of his arms to propel himself into Moria, and a couple of Jet Bazooka which used both his arms to hit Moria at once.

So it's more like Gear 2 Luffy = 1.3 Megatons with both arms. So the attack on the Pacifista would still just be 3 x 1.3 Megaton for the three of them.

Ad for his other justification in that key of "destroy the black box, which took several hits from him", I don't think that's valid for saying one-handed Luffy is equal to Moria's 1.3 Megaton attack, because Moria's attacks already warped and damaged the box, creating a hole in it. Luffy tore himself free of the damaged remains of the box, but it's not like we see him hit the fresh box with an attack and cause equal damage to Moria's attacks.

Due to this, I don't think we should say "Left Hand Luffy" = 1.3 Megatons and "Right Hand Luffy" = 1.3 Megatons as the OP proposes.

Since the combined thread is accepted, then I guess I am okay with the change. This would applied to anybody else that scales to harming the Pacifista, and/or scales to G3 Luffy and Asura Zoro.
Pretty much
I know that Ivankov and Boa scales for harming the Pacifista.
Yup
Kuma scales for being superior to the Pacifista, though only for defense unfortunately.
This means Zoro's Shishi Sonson scales as well
think Crocodile is stated to be equal to G3 or something like that.
Nah, he just hurt an impel down guard alongside him.
Anybody else I don’t know

Okay, I know this is going to sound pretty typical of me to just be the one who opposes a CRT but I'm not against this because it's an upgrade, just because of a small technicality that I feel is being overlooked which I feel forced to mention because I had overlooked it myself until double-checking the chapter.
It's fine
Luffy is rated as Small City level with Gear 2 because he harmed Asgard Moria with his Gear 2 attacks. I can see how it could be concluded that Luffy has 1.3 Megatons AP with each arm from that.

But when he "harmed" Moria though, he used Jet Rocket which used both of his arms to propel himself into Moria, and a couple of Jet Bazooka which used both his arms to hit Moria at once.

So it's more like Gear 2 Luffy = 1.3 Megatons with both arms. So the attack on the Pacifista would still just be 3 x 1.3 Megaton for the three of them.

As for his other justification in that key of "destroy the black box, which took several hits from him", I don't think that's valid for saying one-handed Luffy is equal to Moria's 1.3 Megaton attack, because Moria's attacks already warped and damaged the box, creating a hole in it. Luffy tore himself free of the damaged remains of the box, but it's not like we see him hit the fresh box with an attack and cause equal damage to Moria's attacks.

Due to this, I don't think we should say "Left Hand Luffy" = 1.3 Megatons and "Right Hand Luffy" = 1.3 Megatons as the OP proposes.
That's fair then

They'll scale to 3.9 then. Is that fine?

Mitch and Damage accepted it so it seems like it's fine.

I can start the revision now if everything is ready to go. I need pre TS Luffy unlocked, plus I wanna add some stuff I forgot to add to Luffy as well.

Should we add that Zoro's body gets multiplied into 3 as a support?

:dumbassdog:

Some bs

Sanji's Flambage shot hurt the Pacifista as well and broke off some of its body.

Zoro and Luffy will just scale above him
Ah, I just hadn't seen any voting for that. It seems a little weird to me if Sanji's Flambage Shot is somehow 3 times stronger than all of his other Diamble Jambe moves.

How about instead we say:

Large Town level+ (Physically stronger than Usopp and Franky), Small City level, possibly higher with Diable Jambe (Could counter and match an attack from Oars. Harmed a Pacifista in a joint attack with Luffy and Zoro. By himself Sanji's strongest kicks were able to chip away pieces of the Pacifista's body)

He did do a lot less than Zoro and Luffy at least.

Ah, I just hadn't seen any voting for that. It seems a little weird to me if Sanji's Flambage Shot is somehow 3 times stronger than all of his other Diamble Jambe moves.

How about instead we say:

Large Town level+ (Physically stronger than Usopp and Franky), Small City level, possibly higher with Diable Jambe (Could counter and match an attack from Oars. Harmed a Pacifista in a joint attack with Luffy and Zoro. By himself Sanji's strongest kicks were able to chip away pieces of the Pacifista's body)

He did do a lot less than Zoro and Luffy at least.
this works beautifully

It seems a little weird to me if Sanji's Flambage Shot is somehow 3 times stronger than all of his other Diamble Jambe moves.
Why not? It is clearly stronger than his other attacks. He often uses it as a finishing attack, or to deal major damage. (Jabra, Pacifista, Daifuku)

Could this possibly be a way to figure out a multiplier for Gear 3rd?

Because Pre-Timeskip Asura Zoro (which IIRC is 3x Base Zoro for obvious reasons) is shown pre-timeskip as usually comparable to Gear 3 Luffy, while Base Zoro pre-timeskip is usually shown as comparable to Pre-timeskip Gear 2nd Luffy. And for pre-timeskip Luffy and Zoro, for all the arcs where Luffy has Gear 2, his Gear 2nd is usually the same tier/power level as base Zoro, while pre-timeskip Zoro's Asura is stated on his current profile to be comparable to pre-timeskip Gear 3.

So, at least for pre-timeskip (and maybe post-timeskip), could Gear 3rd possibly be a 3x multiplier for Gear 2nd?

Of course, if this were also applied to Post timeskip, then Gear 3rd could only be a 3x multiplier for Gear 2nd without Busoshoku, since while Gear 3rd even without Busoshoku Haki is likely still above Gear 2nd with Busoshoku (because otherwise why would Luffy even bother ever using Gear 3rd without Busoshoku), the gap is unquantifiable, since we just know it'd be smaller than 3x, so Gear 3 would be just 3x above normal Haki-less Gear 2nd.

Although, considering Beginning of Timeskip Gear 3 Luffy right now scales to 108.16 megatons, this would actually allow Beginning of Timeskip Gear 2nd without Busoshoku Haki to backscale to 1/3 of that, or roughly 36.0533 megatons (which is still 7-B). Unlike Gear 4, this isn't a lowballed multiplier, so backscaling is actually feasible.

This would actually be both logical, as it is above 27.04 megatons but not by a terribly large margin, and it would be very useful for all those who scale their AP and/or durability to Gear 2nd via multipliers (like Wadatsumi, Hyouzou, that Punk Hazard Dragon, and those who damaged them), and would even allow for those who scale to 2x Gear 2nd Luffy to be 7-B+ (since 2 times 36.0533 megatons is 72.106667 megatons, well above the 53.15 megatons needed for 7-B+).

Last edited:

Because Pre-Timeskip Asura Zoro (which IIRC is 3x Base Zoro for obvious reasons) is shown pre-timeskip as usually comparable to Gear 3 Luffy, while Base Zoro pre-timeskip is usually shown as comparable to Pre-timeskip Gear 2nd Luffy. And for pre-timeskip Luffy and Zoro, for all the arcs where Luffy has Gear 2, his Gear 2nd is usually the same tier/power level as base Zoro, while pre-timeskip Zoro's Asura is stated on his current profile to be comparable to pre-timeskip Gear 3.

So, at least for pre-timeskip (and maybe post-timeskip), could Gear 3rd possibly be a 3x multiplier for Gear 2nd?

Of course, if this were also applied to Post timeskip, then Gear 3rd could only be a 3x multiplier for Gear 2nd without Busoshoku, since while Gear 3rd even without Busoshoku Haki is likely still above Gear 2nd with Busoshoku (because otherwise why would Luffy even bother ever using Gear 3rd without Busoshoku), the gap is unquantifiable, since we just know it'd be smaller than 3x, so Gear 3 would be just 3x above normal Haki-less Gear 2nd.

Although, considering Beginning of Timeskip Gear 3 Luffy right now scales to 108.16 megatons, this would actually allow Beginning of Timeskip Gear 2nd without Busoshoku Haki to backscale to 1/3 of that, or roughly 36.0533 megatons (which is still 7-B). Unlike Gear 4, this isn't a lowballed multiplier, so backscaling is actually feasible.

This would actually be both logical, as it is above 27.04 megatons but not by a terribly large margin, and it would be very useful for all those who scale their AP and/or durability to Gear 2nd via multipliers (like Wadatsumi, Hyouzou, that Punk Hazard Dragon, and those who damaged them), and would even allow for those who scale to 2x Gear 2nd Luffy to be 7-B+ (since 2 times 36.0533 megatons is 72.106667 megatons, well above the 53.15 megatons needed for 7-B+).
no. scaling above 3x value ≠ multiplier. if it aint stated to be a 3x multiplier, it aint a 3x multiplier

This isn't FT dude which has confirmed multiplier statements...

no. scaling above 3x value ≠ multiplier. if it aint stated to be a 3x multiplier, it aint a 3x multiplier
I get the statement part, but pre-timeskip G3 Luffy = Pre-timeskip Asura = 3x Base Pre-timeskip Zoro ~= Gear 2nd Pre-Timeskip Luffy

I don't think it's "scaling above", since Asura is literally 3 Zoro's, so it's 3x normal Zoro (at least for Pre-Timeskip).

That's scaling to a multiplier of someone else.
That means nothing in the grand scheme of things.
Unless Luffy has his own multiplier statement, it's moot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back