• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1046: "Raizo" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread Here.

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
Ok so Chapter ends with kaido. So I believe we will either get an awakening silhouette or the beginning of a backstory. Hoping for the latter.

Either option is fine anyways cause I’m a Morj connoisseur and both help the agenda.

Oda set the bar too high, this sounds like a fine chapter, but after the last two, it feels kinda mid.
Of course, we still have to wait
One of the leakers said the Raizo stuff is not focused on too much in the chapter, so here's hoping it won't be too great of a focus?
Though at this point I think Oda might actually start finishing up the remaining plot points with the island being on fire and Zunesha/marine ships, then go back to Luffy vs Kaido as the finishing act.

Luffy became Zeus. He is literally grabbing lightning. Would that be considered some sort of reality manip or toon force?

Luffy became Zeus. He is literally grabbing lightning. Would that be considered some sort of reality manip or toon force?
Him grabbing lightning would be Non Physical Interaction. Funny you mention Zeus: Despite there being several sun deities in greek myth(Helios, Apollo...), Zeus in some versions has the sun god title too(for some reason despite having different abilities?). Despite there being a Light & Fire Devil Fruits, Luffy has the Sungod Devil fruit despite his unrelated abilities.
jupiter-god.jpg
ccad732d5326ebc6049da64521a93f33f270ae04_hq.gif

Probably because Zoro is extremely badly damaged and needs intensive care from Marco and Law.

So I believe we will either get an awakening silhouette or the beginning of a backstory. Hoping for the latter.
This its something that i would like to know, why do so many people think that Kaido its going to get an Awakening?

Pretty sure that the ability to turn into a dragon its his Awakening, since initially he was suppost to only be able to turn into a fish.

Honestly with how he's grabbing lightning I won't be shocked of his "sun god" title implies his control over fire as well. He already showed electricity manip via thor elephant gun and giant thor axe.
Who's to say Red Hawk and Red Roc aren't precursors to Luffy eventually seeing some Entei tier fire ball and going "yoink"

Also about Luffy using lightning bolts against Kaido, isn't that a reference to the cross-cultural myth of the thunder god battling a serpent/dragon?
Off the top of my head I think of Thor vs Jormungandr. A thunder god vs a great Serpent. It might be a reference since Luffy's lightning attacks were all "thor" based too, but there might be a japanese my related to a Raijin vs a dragon.

It also had in mind things like Zeus vs Typhon, Susanoo vs Orochi, Indra vs Vritra and Saint George vs the Dragon.
Kaido & the samurai chopped Orochi's heads with a sword like Susanoo did with the real Orochi. Myth Orochi was slayed while drunk & sleepy while OP Orochi when distracted by Hiyori & exposed to seastone; both were weakened before getting killed
You meant the Kulshedra/Bolla with that last one?

Last edited:
He turned rock into rubber cause of his copy paste paramecia awakening
He grabbed lightning cause he's rubber
He made fire cause of friction

People boutta turn this Nika bs into "Luffy's actually the spinjitsu master", waiting for people to say he can use Ice and Water next

I don't know about "all" elements but I'm confident that fire is a MUST right next to Lightning. Who knows how far the awakening can go, though. He already manipulated rock into rubber, can use fire, and now lightning..
Luffy's almost the avatar
Yups, 2 more elements left.
Gorosei said that Luffy's power is limited by his imagination, so it's possible to.

He turned rock into rubber cause of his copy paste paramecia awakening
He grabbed lightning cause he's rubber
He made fire cause of friction

People boutta turn this Nika bs into "Luffy's actually the spinjitsu master", waiting for people to say he can use Ice and Water next
Because Yamato can used Ice technique and that no one protest, it make sense, so why not for Luffy doing that?

Off the top of my head I think of Thor vs Jormungandr. A thunder god vs a great Serpent. It might be a reference since Luffy's lightning attacks were all "thor" based too, but there might be a japanese my related to a Raijin vs a dragon.
It also had in mind similar comparisons like Zeus vs Typhon, Susanoo vs Orochi, Indra vs Vritra and Yahweh vs Leviathan.
There is another: Marduk vs Tiamat, Quetzalcoatl and Tezcatlipoca vs Cipatli, Tarrhunt and Sarruma vs Illuyanka, Lotan vs Hadad, and Yammu vs Baal

Zeus vs Typhon
This is probably the closest reference imo to Luffy vs Kaido. Typhon can sometimes be referred as a dragon. Typhon's appeance varies from version to version, from a giant humanoid to a strait up Kaiju Monster or a mix of the 2 much like Kaido with his Oni, Dragon, Hybrid forms.I forgot to mention, Kaido was also called a wisdom king/deity & Typhon is a Titan, still a god. Typhon is the father of all fantastical beast in greek myth & the monster of Gaia while Kaido is the king of beast & the world's strongest creature. Both can breath fire, cause winds & storms. The Nika in Luffy's Devil Fruit might be inspired Nike, the Greek Goddess of Victory(supposly responsible for Zeus success too) & also Zeus sometimes being refered as a sungod. After Luffy fell from Onigashima, he needed help from Law crew to go regain his strength back much like Zeus needing Hermes & Pan to get his tendrils back after his 1st round with Typhon. Both can grab lightning bolts, throw them like spears, are great leaders despite being young compared to most, have good shapeshifting, possesses the same hair color(Zeus hair can be either black or white in art & Luffy changed his hair color from black normally to white in Gear 5th), fought giants & change the weather. There's also theme of the newer generations taking over older one in both OP & Greek Myth.
Water Luffy was a thing
I don't know about "all" elements but I'm confident that fire is a MUST right next to Lightning. Who knows how far the awakening can go, though. He already manipulated rock into rubber, can use fire, and now lightning..
Luffy's almost the avatar
Gear 3rd use air to increase his body parts with air, Gear 5th Balloon used all the air he gathered to sent him flying higher, his feet could bounce off the air in order to fly while his hands do that to redirect his attack in Gear 4th & his haki could already create shockwaves and electricity.
Just like Hiruzen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back