• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1009: "Hell" (Official Release)

I wouldn't say that the Yonko look bad, I just say that the regular people got strong too fast.

Luffy could barely beat Katakuri an arc ago now he's taking hits from Kaido. Idk man
It isn't even Luffy the one who shocks me more, at least he had some training, what about Law?
He was easily defeated by Doflamingo in Dressrosa and now looks like current Law would destroy him.

It isn't even Luffy the one who shocks me more, at least he had some training, what about Law?
He was easily defeated by Doflamingo in Dressrosa and now looks like current Law would destroy him.
Unless we can measure Haki potency, Law still gets bodied in my opinion.

Law has no durability feats to scale. He has reaction feats for sure, but AP or dura? Nahhhh

In your opinion which of those two paths would be better? Because Oda choose a third path, the "i will eventually do both things" path

Meh, which of his personality traits explain that? He didn't seem to be the type to hold back until he fought the scabbards, before that he did seem like a ruthless beast when not drunk.
His whole “playing with his food thing” plus if you just look at how he ALWAYS fights outside against someone like Mama by just kinda flying around testing people and allowing them to strike him. Kaido has shown if he decided to he could blitz basically all of the Novas by being able to tag Luffy even when he was “healthy” and using Future Sight.

Everybody thinks Kaido's weak.

When Kaido starts using Busoshoku: Koka to defend and attack, it's wraps

His whole “playing with his food thing” plus if you just look at how he ALWAYS fights outside against someone like Mama by just kinda flying around testing people and allowing them to strike him. Kaido has shown if he decided to he could blitz basically all of the Novas by being able to tag Luffy even when he was “healthy” and using Future Sight.
Sure, he starts in Dragon form and allows his enemies to punch him, both to show superiority and to test their strength probably, that's not a problem IMO, he did it against Oden as well so that seems to be his main strategy.

But after this point? C'mon, just look at what Tempest said (no offense intended, idk if you are serious or joking here, you just made the perfect post):

Everybody thinks Kaido's weak.

When Kaido starts using Busoshoku: Koka to defend and attack, it's wraps

Kaido is in Dragon Form? Just wait, he will start to fight when he enters Human Form.
Kaido is in Human Form? Just wait, the real fight will start when his Hybrid form is revealed.
Kaido is in Hybrid Form? Just wait, he may start to use Black Armament soon.

I mean, wtf? I was hyped with every attack from Newgate, even if it was towards fodder and non-gurafied, but with Kaido i have to wait until he goes all out advanced haki+hybrid+speed blitz just to think "hmm, the novas may be in danger now"?

I wonder when Hawkins is going to come back into the spotlight.

I mean, wtf? I was hyped with every attack from Newgate, even if it was towards fodder and non-gurafied, but with Kaido i have to wait until he goes all out advanced haki+hybrid+speed blitz just to think "hmm, the novas may be in danger now"?
the build-up to Goatbeard was just insane tho, and I really think we just gotta give Oda some time. Think about how the scabbards were jumping him, then Kaido washed them.

At least i hope King will do a good job... cause ONLY when you are fighting a stronger opponent the "just wait my hybrid" argument is valid, KAIDO, damn.

In your opinion which of those two paths would be better? Because Oda choose a third path, the "i will eventually do both things" path

Meh, which of his personality traits explain that? He didn't seem to be the type to hold back until he fought the scabbards, before that he did seem like a ruthless beast when not drunk.
1) Personally I enjoy when an author keeps mortality front of mind. A story like One Piece loses something when the weak upstarts always get by without any casualties. Akainu is one of my favs because he has the mindset that keeps the series interesting and the power to do it, but he's not nearly strong enough to break the series and force plot armor.

But like I said, I think Oda's decision to toe the line has been more or less well executed thus far.

2) Well that is just wrong ¯\(ツ)

Kaido first appeared in Wano he immediately wanted to give a Scabbard clemency for his strength. He prioritized army building over vengance or killing.

Against Luffy he could have easily killed him off but chose to break his spirit instead with torture and welcome him to his army.

Against the Supernova he was characterized as holding back. He wanted them in his crew more than he wanted to just kill them.

Against the Scabbards he cited his desire to die and would have let them do so rather than put up a fight, but they were just too weak.

Against the Supernova R2 he again was called out for "playing with his food".

So yeah Kaido has been extremely consistent in his personality of holding back.

Honestly id argue Luffys greatest strength is how fast he grows but his ability to gain allies is also up there.

Ive never been one who believed there was some huge gap between the Admirals and Yonko that was just dumb.
Good point on Luffy Strength..I say his 3 greatest strengths are
-Ability to befriend almost anyone
- Growth Rate
-Willpower/Endurance
I feel the last is key & also what oda has always displayed about luffy..I feel us fans get caught in physical strength only & don't realize there are other ways to win a fight..His two prominent fights in whole cake help prove this somewhat..I believe there was plot elements that helped but besides that Luffy was able to stick through hard points in the battle .We also got to remember Garp literally trained him to not give up... So I think Luffy in the current fight greatest strength besides haki will be his endurance..I of course believe he can't match kaido or big mom physically but if he can keep getting up + Ryou Hax then I see it fitting if he pulls through..The problem as many stated is that there are two yonko & no way can I see them win without plot..

I personally disagree with there not being a big gap between the yonko h admirals.. I feel we have to remember One piece is plot driven instead of a straight up battle manga like other manga...So I feel the yonko minus BB are clearly above admirals but if the plot calls for it the Admirals/Marines will look more impressive..The concept of Justice Never Falls in one piece is an aspect which I believe promotes the marines not taking L' s like Big mom has ...

Back