• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Busoshoku Haki's functions revisited

For now, it's probably best to keep this in General Discussion until it's ready for a content revision thread.

I want to bring this topic up because of Chapter 884, which might confirm my previous statements regarding how Armament haki works.

Luffy explicitly states that Armament Haki: "Makes people take form... and because of this, it can also work on Logia users".

My thoughts on this, to keep it simple, is that the statement may confirm that Armament haki can be used against characters who use Elemental Mimicry or use low-mid level form of Intangibility, and not just logia users in general.

The way this works, is that an Armament haki merely touches an opponent's body, turning them from their converted substance (such as a gas, or liquid), and converts them to a solid form, allowing them to be struck. It's even confirmed that Katakuri merely shifted his body with his Paramecia-form to dodge incoming strikes (This means his page will need some edits.. which I will take care of)

I would like input, preferably from staff who are knowledgeable about the verse, before this is either closed, or turned into content revision.

@Zack - No. Such powers being changed will not affect the outcome of both of his fights. It's just that he can't go pseudo-intangible, but he has still shown regen feats.

Also, I'm pretty certain Kakashi's (who defeated Katakuri) intangibility works very differently.

I suppose that this seems to make sense.

@Ant - Since both Busoshoku and Kenbunshoku haki are gaining more information, and if this is accepted with no problems, I will begin working on a page for Haki. It shouldn't take long.

I disagree. First we give one piece characters the "you can't equalise haki" now you want to add that they can hit intangible creatures.

Saying that they can hit Juvia's water body now is too much...

Following. I'll give input on this later. @Blanked please don't bring FT into a One Piece thread. You know how that usually goes.

@Blanked - ? Haki shouldn't have been equalized in the first place given how that led to people suggesting "x opponent can use armament haki against Luffy, meaning his punches can hit him", which a lot of people tried to argue.

Therefore, I could make a similar argument: "Luffy is against Naruto, therefore he can use fire-ball jutsu since he has access to Chakra".

That's exactly how haki being "equalized" was treated.

You do realise that every intangibility has its specifics.

Juvia's water body can only be hit by pure magical attacks(so a haki that is not equalised can't do it), while Bloodman for example can be hurt only if the body of his opponents possess the same traits. (We won't talk about non-corporalty cause that is obvious)

Also, I don't understand your argument at all? Luffy can get hit in any case...

@Blanked - I know intangibility has specifics, which is why I bring up that a target who merely converts their body into a "less tangible" substance from solid matter can still be hit, but someone like Kakashi, who literally sends his body into another dimension (iirc... I could have forgotten) can not be hit by this ability.

Where does it say that Juvia can only be hit by pure magical attacks? If it does, indeed, state that, then of course Haki would have no effect on her.

I'm saying that Luffy would be forced into his regular form if we were to say that an out-verse character had haki due to verse equalization. That discussion is over and done with, though.

The pure fact only pure magical attacks were able to damage her, while wepaons or grays ice creations(it's created with magic, but it's still not pure magical energy attack) or "Curse" used by demons couldn't damage her body through physical means.

I mean, didnt we treat Haki like that? I thought we did. Haki allowes to bypass low level intangibility.

@PaChi2 and Blanked - We actually did, but I forgot what happened. I think it's because the argument that "it attacks Devil Fruits" came up (I think I brought it up), but with this latest statement, it actually counters that argument.

Strange i don't remember a single thread...(legit there wasn't many threads where that problem came up anyway).

@Cin Oh, iirc Rayleigh said something about hitting the actual body of the logia. Maybe Im misremembering. Anyway, I agree with this.

@PaChi2 - Also, in another thread I did very recently, I talk about Character speed, and possibly an upgrade to Luffy and a small number of characters, if you don't mind taking a look. It merely came up because several translations in the manga had Doflamingo suggest that Luffy became either "3 times stronger" or "Many times stronger".

I'm pretty certain that this topic came up in the past, but was shoved aside.

It isn't important enough to highlight, but you can invite some staff members knowledgeable about One Piece if you wish.

@Ant - Haki page has been made, but I am uncertain on how to edit the One Piece page. I added a link under Terminology, and I think that we should remove the redundant information, though I'm wondering what you think I should do (After looking at the haki page, of course).

I think that the current versions of the One Piece page should be fine, but the images were very awkwardly placed into the Haki page.

I tried to fix the problem, but the current version is not ideal either, so it might be better to place them all in a gallery section at the bottom of the page instead.

In addition, I am not sure whether or not the Powers and Abilities category is appropriate, given that Haki is not a general power outside of One Piece.

Back