• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, this isn't the full Ninjago revision I promised, but it's a start.

So, for a while we've had the ninja at High 7-C for a storm feat. But there are a few problems with that.

First of all, storm feats have changed, and the storm feat should now be Low 7-B. The other problem is consistency.

Now, as much as I like to act like it's not the case, Ninjago is really just a cartoon that is meant to market to young children. What does this mean? It means that that marketability comes first before power consistency, and it happens way to often for it to be PIS. For example, one episode may have powerless or injured ninja be totally unharmed by a fall from the sky, and in another while at full power be threatened by such a fall. This is really for plot convenience, but it's a major part of the show's framework and has been going on since Season 0

TLDR: Ninjago is a inconsistent cartoon and it may be better to put the protagonists at Unknown

MLP is also inconsistent though

You got people like Spike being threatened by falls or the Mane Six being threatened by a rockslide when they've clearly also demonstrated feats significantly above that.

I feel like this applies to a lot of shows. Folk will have these extreme powers but can be killed by a casual bullet. That's less inconsistency and more writers just not knowing exactly how strong their characters are (or characters having human level durability depending on what their ability or abilities are).

The profiles are likely fine as is.

DMB did also mention he felt the current feat was aoutlier anyway, so I'll message him.

Inconsistent franchises should be tackled with a mind towards what is consistent

I'm willing to bet something is more consistent then just Unknown

I have thought about it for a while, but now I definitely disagree with High 7-C/Low 7-B Ninjago.

Ninjago is inconsistent as hell, I'll give you that, but that doesn't mean we should just use the highest possible feat out of any other.

Let's analyze the feat itself, shall we?

1) It's a storm feat, not always the most reliable of feats

2) It's the most impressive feat ever, yet, it's done with extreme casualness.

3) Nothing ever performed by a character on the same league as the Base-Form Ninjas comes even remotely close to this.

This is the same reason as to why RWBY was downgraded from 8-A to 8-C, but to an even larger extent.

Speaking of tier 8, doesn't Ninjago have, you know, some of those? Such as Morro completely dismantling building, the sheer size of a lot of the monsters they fought, or simply just Jay being capable of manipulating natural lighting?

Even this is contradicted by the usual incocistenceiesNinjago is, but 8-C is a way safer pick that freaking Low 7-B.

Hey, Ninjago might not have smurfs, but it's still kind decent in the hax department, but that's beside the point.

I wonder if I could do some KE calcs on the sizable lads

If I got a good way to measure their size, and just applied like, maybe Peak Human speed, probably higher if they have speed feats I don't have to painstaking over

Don't get me wrong, Morro's storm feat would be fine if it was more consistent: it's clearly made with the Element of Wind, which he always uses to fight, however since nothing comes close (except for maybe some feats are done by the Ninjas at their Full Potential, and maybe Nya causing the clouds to rain [which I don't think this really counseither]), the best you can make this feat is Environmental Destruction, or at worst, an outlier. The choice is yours.

@DMUA The Ninjas and co. are MHS+ via Jay being able to move as fast as/faster than lightings. While I don't remember where this statement comes from, I do remember it existing or being mentioned once or twice either in the show or in some trivia.

The Sub-Relativistic+ reaction thing is another thing I plan to downgrade, but that's for another time.

If that's true, KE would get 8-A for the ninjas alone, not even going into the large monsters they face

Which ironically would make Low 7-B much more consistent considering those feats would be literally just moving

That'd be calc stacking.

Lloyd and Overlord as Temple of Light and Garmadon Possessed both should scale above, and the latter has a storm feat. Would they at least be eligible for a higher tier?

Yobobojojo said:
That'd be calc stacking.
There isn't a calc though. It's just a statement that they go at lightning speed, thereby MHS+. No calcs, just a principle statement.

So, what about the mid tiers like Lloyd and The Overlord? I assume they would scale off of The Overlord's storm feat?

Either way, just going into the ninjas KE

Average weight for someone is 70 kilograms, speed of lightning is 440,000 meters per second

.5 times 70 times 440000^2 is....

6.776e+12 Joules, 1.61950286807 Kilotons, Small Town level for moving around

Which?

From when he first entered Ninjago. He brought in a small storm which was on the low end of the scale.

I personally think that Morro's storm feat is an outlier, and some others seem to agree with me.

8-C to 8-C+ should be fine since it's a bit more consistent, and much safer choice regardless.

Though I think that to further confirm this, we should suggest some calcs (like the Tricorns' sheer size, Morro dismantling a building, The Overlord's strong, etcetera).

Okay. It sounds like the statistics should probably be updated then.

Hmm

Overlord's feat was also casual, and these guys perform Low 7-C feats by moving around, though.

8-C might end up being more consistent but I'm not sure at a glance

I have honestly never seen a profile which is tiered via moving via scaling.

And if the Ninjas are 8-C/8-C+, guys like the Great Devourer and the Colossi will probably end up being High 8-C. Not sure about the Preeminent.

If DMUA's available to calc, I may present him one or two feats which could further confirm Tier 8 Ninjago.

Back