• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OMORI (Verse). An ability and Lifting Strength revision

So I'm going to go straight to the point the profiles for all 5 of the main characters need to have a tabber for the powers they gain from items. Most of these are abilities they can already do themselves to some capacity, but some are abilities they only have via certain items. Below is the list of abilities they should be granted.

Abilities gained from WEAPONS & CHARMS.

*Statistics Amplification (Can equip various CHARMS and WEAPONS that can increase their HEART, JUICE, ATK, DEF, SPD, LUCK, or HIT)

*Supernatural Luck (Can equip various items that increase their LUCK stat, making it more likely they land critical hits in combat)

*Limited Accelerated Development (Leveling) (Via the BOOK and TULIP HAIRSTICK, which increases the amount of EXP they earn after a successful battle)

*Limited Duplication (Via CLAM COIN, which doubles the amount of CLAMS earned after a successful battle)

*Self-Empathetic Manipulation & Self-Status Effect Inducement (Posesses various items that will alter their emotional state at the start of a battle. Either becoming HAPPY, ANGRY, or SAD)

*Empowerment (Possesses items that further increase their states the more ENERGY they earn during a battle, which increases whenever they are hit)

*Precognition (Via ABBI'S EYE, which allows them to predict where an opponent will target at the start of a fight)

*Limited Immersion (Via UNIVERSAL REMOTE, which allows the user to travel into TV’s to enter BLACK SPACE) [OMORI only]

*Damage Boost (Via the SHUCKER, which does significantly increased damage to MUSSELS) [HERO only]

Resistance to Empathetic Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, and Status Effect Inducement (Via the PAPER BAG, which grants them immunity to the effects of EMOTION)

TOYS & SNACKS

*Statistics Reduction (Several TOYS can reduce a targets ATTACK, DEFENSE and/or SPEED)

*Empathetic Manipulation & Status Effect inducement (Various TOYS can inflict the user or target with EMOTION. DANDELION can calm a target)

*Limited Explosion Manipulation (Via DYNAMITE, which causes a powerful explosion when used)

*Limited Weather Manipulation & Water Manipulation (Via RAIN CLOUD, which summons a miniature rain cloud over a friend or foe)

*Limited Sound Manipulation (Via AIR HORN, which produces a loud, annoying noise when used)

*Biological Manipulation (Via MYSTERY POTION, which can change the users gender when used) [OMORI only]

*Statistics Amplification (Several SNACKS can increase the user's ATTACK, DEFENSE, and/or SPEED. Can consume MUSH or MARI'S COOKIE for a permanent boost to all stats)

*Healing (Many SNACKS restore the user’s health and stamina)

*Unconventional Ressurection & limited Transmutation (LIFE JAM allows users to revive allies who have been turned into TOAST, reviving them and restoring their human form) [Hero should naturally have this via Homemade Jam]

LIFTING STRENGTH REVISION

Omori is capable of Lifting a Vending Machine during his fishing mini-game. Which should qualify him for Superhuman Lifting Strength. (Time Stamp: 1:20)

Scales to every boss (Aside from Pluto, who has his own LS calc), BASIL, and the rest of the party.

Last edited:
I was moreso using the wiki since it pulled the direct dialogue for the item boxes.

It would be a pain in the ass to find in-game images of every item, but I can try if any of the staff say it's required.

vending machines aren't class 1 heavy though, they're like some 300 kg last i checked, probably still Superhuman but not Class 1

Oh shoot my bad, must've gotten confused.

a brief Google search says they weigh anywhere from 400 to 900 pounds when empty, with this vending machine being a bit heavier due to being stocked with soda. Idk what that amount of weight qualifies as, ig.

that's 181 to 408 kg, all technically within peak human, though fishing it out like that is superhuman

Was going to get around making this since the last thread that did it died, but aye it looks good.

Should also have resistance to fear manip too since the PAPER BAG can prevent the FEAR status

Last edited:
oh truuuue! Added the resistance to fear manip part.

Since this seems uncontroversial and has mod support, can I go ahead and add it?

Affected profiles:

For the item additions

Everyone listed in the "Main" section on the verse page. OMORI/AUBREY/KEL/HERO/BASIL.

For the Lifting Strength additions.

Presumably everyone aside from fodder enemies. Sprout Moles and Shark Plane wouldn't scale. Omori is never shown to get stronger in terms of LS, so even earlier game bosses should reasonably scale, despite said feat occurring at ONE DAY LEFT.

I see a CRT about a verse's lifting strength, my neurons activate.
Additions seem fine, though how does the Self-Empathetic Manipulation work?

I see a CRT about a verse's lifting strength, my neurons activate.
Additions seem fine, though how does the Self-Empathetic Manipulation work?
Basically. OMORI as a game treats emotions both as a Status Effect as well as an uh...regular emotion. Many skills in OMORI can inflict characters with HAPPY, SAD, or ANGRY, which changes both their behaviors and gives them various bonuses and drawbacks.

certain CHARMS will automatically alter their emotional state to one of the above three emotions, serving as a way to force them to feel a certain EMOTION at the start of combat. Hence acting as a form of Self-Empathetic Manipulation.

So like...when holding a DAISY, for example, they will, instead of starting battles with neutral/no emotion, start the battle HAPPY.

Basically. OMORI as a game treats emotions both as a Status Effect as well as an uh...regular emotion. Many skills in OMORI can inflict characters with HAPPY, SAD, or ANGRY, which changes both their behaviors and gives them various bonuses and drawbacks.

certain CHARMS will automatically alter their emotional state to one of the above three emotions, serving as a way to force them to feel a certain EMOTION at the start of combat. Hence acting as a form of Self-Empathetic Manipulation.

So like...when holding a DAISY, for example, they will, instead of starting battles with neutral/no emotion, start the battle HAPPY.
Neat.

Since this seems uncontroversial and has mod support, can I go ahead and add it?
Typically, the rules state that there's a 48 hour grace period before adding the changes, but ig you can just wait for another day.

Also, somewhat unrelated, but someone in the previous thread pointed out that Omori's resistance to BFR should be replaced with Dimensional Travel, since uses Red Hands to warp to different areas in the dream world, ergo the description/wording suits the latter much better.

Back