• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Omnipresence revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there needs to be a rule to add the speed to the speed section of an omnipresent character, instead of just saying "omnipresent" only for omnipresent characters that either have only 1 key, or have an omnipresent key where they have different (higher or lower) combat speed

Using Arceus' page as an example, it should change from

to

Omnipresent with At least Immeasurable combat and reaction speed (It exists in everything and nowhere at once, and observes all creation. Exists in the past, present and future)

Maybe its not a big deal for omnipresent characters who already have a previous key that have an actual speed rating

Last edited:
This is not a minor revision as you are changing the way all characters like this fight in vs matches.

Also characters like arceus that exist across time too both physically and mentally, should have immensurable combat speed and reactions, that section saying that attacks that are temporally omnipresent aren't infinite or immensurable fast is just wrong

This honestly won't go anywhere without Staff Approval and should be a Staff-Only thread, PERIOD.

Which effects 224 profiles, but minor is a good word.
This is not a minor revision as you are changing the way all characters like this fight in vs matches.

Also characters like arceus that exist across time too both physically and mentally, should have immensurable combat speed and reactions, that section saying that attacks that are temporally omnipresent aren't infinite or immensurable fast is just wrong
I edited the OP so I think it won't affect characters who's omnipresent keys have the same speed as before

Why would a omnipresent character's speed be "atleast MFTL+, likely infinite" when he is already omnipresent

I edited the OP so I think it won't affect characters who's omnipresent keys have the same speed as before
Yes the "atleast immeasurable" seems fine to be added instead of the previous "atleast MFTL+, likely infinite"

But this isn't minor dude imo its a major change

Last edited:
Will this take a long time to change??
Ig coding can change all profiles rated "omnipresent" to "omnipresent, atleast immeasurable combat and reaction speed" but this still is being applied on 224 profiles while changing the justification system and how characters fight in vsbattles so I wouldn't say its a minor revision.

Also being omnipresent won't make you immeasurable in combat speed. Being omnipresent just means every move you do is basically a ranged thing that even immeasurable speed may or may not escape from because of how you can pretty much affect all temporal and spatial point. You can still be slower to a immeasurable speed character but that is kinda irrelevant to you depending on your type of omnipresence

ok but if an omnipresent dude and An Immeasurable speed dude are having a race then who would wind?
Omnipresent dude if he also has temporal omnipresence.

Temporal and spatial omnipresence > immeasurable > spatial omnipresence > infinite.

My own opinion

Maybe its not a big deal for omnipresent characters who already have a previous key that have an actual speed rating
I don't think this is great idea specially, omnipresence relies on which range presented on the series. So just changing it to immeasurable/infinite speed for no evidence seems a bad idea.

I disagree with it (even tho, what is the point of adding the previous key to the newer key? Both are different)

You can be omnipresent with below FTL combat speed
And that still would be irrelevant cause an omnipresent dude's speed is ranged to a level that even an immeasurable speed guy can't escape as he is already present in every spatiotemporal location (if he have both spatiotemporal omnipresence)

ok but if an omnipresent dude and An Immeasurable speed dude are having a race then who would wind?
The omnipresent guy

And that still would be irrelevant cause an omnipresent dude's speed is ranged to a level that even an immeasurable speed guy can't escape as he is already present in every spatiotemporal location (if he have both spatiotemporal omnipresence)
It is relevant in crossmatches. Omnipresence of planetery range won't blitz a multiversal immeasurable speed scale.
The omnipresent guy
Wrong. It depends on range of omnipresence.

I don't think this is great idea specially, omnipresence relies on which range presented on the series. So just changing it to immeasurable/infinite speed for no evidence seems a bad idea.
I didn't say that

That's not even the same as combat speed. You would also have to change the standards

Really neutral about this. But if its allowed to put another speed rating alongside omnipresence i would do so on some profiles i work on

I would rather suggest range, as omnipresence depends on it. Giving them immeasurable speed, but they only presented FTL in the series is inconsistent.
Or even adding a previous key to omnipresence key will mess up.

It is relevant in crossmatches. Omnipresence of planetery range won't blitz a multiversal immeasurable speed scale.

Wrong. It depends on range of omnipresence.
That is reasonable
A guy with planetary omnipresent range would surely won't win against immeasurable of multiversal range

That's not even the same as combat speed. You would also have to change the standards
Welp ig adding combat and reaction speed along with the range of omnipresence is fine to do (agreeing)
But as I said :
you would have to revise almost every character with omnipresence to decide their combat and reaction speed for the new justification

I would rather suggest range, as omnipresence depends on it. Giving them immeasurable speed, but they only presented FTL in the series is inconsistent.
Yes but adding combat and reaction speed along with the range of omnipresene also seems to be necessary tho instead of giving infinite/immeasurable it should be decided upon their feat in the series.

Yes but adding combat and reaction speed along with the range of omnipresene also seems to be necessary tho instead of giving infinite/immeasurable it should be decided upon their feat in the series.
Most of the time, there are no feats beside omnipresence. It should be rather optional.
Also it does not matter in the terms of vs threads, since only range will be wincon or losecon

Well, if it's not known beyond size they should just have an Unknown rating in the first place.
Omnipresence isn't even speed per-say, it's an state of being, the being in question should have a separate speed rating for how fast they can move/react to begin with, TBH it feels redundant that the thing is listed in the P&A section and the speed section fairly often as is.

Eh, vs threads aren't the main priority, and in the end we're leaving vagueness around just because a character is bigger in relation to what they have inside.

Eh, vs threads aren't the main priority, and in the end we're leaving vagueness around just because a character is bigger in relation to what they have inside.
I assume that omnipresence is always depends on which range, so in other perspective side, it may help people for debating.
But overall I agree with your stance.

Most of the time, there are no feats beside omnipresence. It should be rather optional.
Also it does not matter in the terms of vs threads, since only range will be wincon or losecon
Adding omnipresene's range seems to be necessary imo.
tho combat speed can also be added if the character have feats or else it could be given an "unknown combat speed" rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back