• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Omnipresence and Speed Equalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally do not think that omnipresence even is a speed, but rather a state of being.

Promestein seems to make sense.

It gets equalized, yes. Plus the previous description of Omnipresence also listed it as the Ultimate level of speed in a debate.

Speedomni
Furthermore Omnipresence has extreme consequences in every match that happens to be of the same order of speed.
How is a character going to possible fight evenly against another who exists literally everywhere at once? As I previously mentioned, at this point a massive ammount of matches currently added would become invalid as a result if this were to change.

(Not to mention that others will become obvious blitzes.)

And we have listed Omnipresence as speed since forever, too.

Anyways, we have 4 admins (Promestein, Dragonmasterxyz, Matthew Schroeder, Cal) and a bureaucrat (Antvasima) in favor of, as well as a significant number of users in agreements with what Prom said.

Is this enough support for adding the footnote that it is equalized or do we wait for more?

Seems like removing a significant trait of the character's nature is a little bit more than equalising speed though. If they don't have a method to fight a character who is everywhere at once, they shouldn't be fighting them.

But sure, agreed.

Omnipresence is not speed.

When you enter someone's universe, that person's combat speed doesnt grow up. Its just that they are the universe. They are everywhere, but they cannot attack faster or react faster.

Omnipresence is a state of being.

@Pachi Yeah, but in your example they're already everywhere at once in said Universe. They blitz anyways because before the match even started, like say, 1000 years before their opponent is even aware of the match or maybe on the other side of the universe, simultaneously to fighting them they are plotting their demise while also doing a hundred, a thousand, a million, an infinity different things against them all at once.

Anyways, the Omnipresence page is naturally locked as it's an important one, so any staff can go and add the footnote when they have the time, while this discussion can be simply concluded.

@Fate not neccesarily.

For example: Giratina. If Giratina takes you to the Distortion World, where it is omnipresent, that wont happen. But I understand what you say. I still feel that Omnipresence is just a superpower, another one, and a broken one at that.

Does the omnipresence page specify things like spatial omnipresence vs temporal omnipresence?

Edit: Or I could not be a lazy ass and check myself...

@Fate

Even if it was agreed to keep it in the speed tiering. It also was mentioned that it doesnt work like speed. And I know changing every omnipresent would be a waste of time. But there is no need to equalize it in vs matches.

If you read the Speed page, you will find that we do consider omnipresence as a state of being and separate from the regular speed ratings.

Does anybody have a suggestion regarding what the footnote in the Omnipresence page should say?

PaChi2 said:
@Fate
Even if it was agreed to keep it in the speed tiering. It also was mentioned that it doesnt work like speed. And I know changing every omnipresent would be a waste of time. But there is no need to equalize it in vs matches.
That's not making much sense. It was generally agreed that it should be considered as speed but you say it shouldn't be equalized when it has speed consequences in matches, and literally results in blitzes against Non-Omnipresent characters? How so?

It was mentioned yes, but final conclusion is what matters and the final agreement was that it works much like speed.

Antvasima said:
The speed page goes on to say it has consequences equal to speed right after, though.

Omnipresent (This is technically a state of being, rather than a speed, but has consequences for combat similar to that of a speed statistic. For practical comparisons, each case requires more detailed consideration.)

@Antvasima Also for the footnote (well, assuming this is still agreed upon, of course), it could be something simple, such as

"Note: Because it has consequences for combat similar to that of a speed statistic, Omnipresence is affected by Speed Equalization."

Or something of the sort.

Well, then on my end, that's all I had to say. If it's agreed, anyone who can edit the page and has the time, it's perfectly fine for me.

Also as far as I'm concerned, this can be closed, but if anyone wants to wait something more, it's ok for me too.

Alright. Thank you, Antvasima, and also thank you everyone for the input.

As the changes are made, that's all.

I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back