• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Omni-Man vs Genos (Post-Superfight)

Speed equalized; Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon is restricted

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

Last edited:
Along with the above reason, Genos also has better range with his normal incineration cannons.
And it appears that he has better LS too, unless Omni Man's "possibly Class Z" is used. If it's not, then Genos can escape whenever Omni Man tries to grab him, which I think is something he does pretty often when he fights, normally.

I am also voting Genos.

Tbf, Genos only used USIC as a last ditch move, and considering he didn't use it when against Garou, I doubt he'll use it against Omni Man

Aren't stats with "possibly" Behind them used in vsbattles? So omni man would be class z here

Is there any rule stated about this? I remember being told that possibly aren't used
  • It is not fine to restrict abilities in a versus matchup, implicitly or expressly. Matches that are arranged this way should not be added to the character profiles, as they don't involve their full potential, and are only intended for casual entertainment. An exception would be if the restricted ability/technique has a separate tier from the main one. In this case, the match can be added. The match can also be added if Optional Equipments such as optional power-ups and items are restricted, or if the ability being restricted is indexed after a "Likely" or "Possibly" conditional.

This is the only mention in the Versus Thread Rules.
Possibly ratings are actually assumed unless restricted, since Standard Battle Assumptions use the strongest version of the character.
The main consequence of a rating being "Possibly" or Likely" is that the OP could choose the lower rating if they wanted.

For example, if a character is "8-C, possibly 9-B" then you could use them either in an 8-C match or a 9-B match.
You can simply say: "Character is 8-C." Or say nothing, and they'll be assumed to be 9-B.

Last edited:
That said, I'm not sure what the rules are about cherry-picking.
It wouldn't seem fair to let them restrict certain possibly abilities, but not others.

In any case, it's up to the OP whether Class M or Class Z is used.
It would be Class Z by default.

Back