• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
He hates Minato being under base Naruto but he’s fine with the dude who needed protection from effortless Edo Deidara bombs being relative in durability to Hashirama
Wait seriously? I always draw a blank on that part of the War Arc because it was really boring.

How do we know Onoki, after the initial hit, didn't just manage fly away fast enough to avoid being completely destroyed off-screen?
I dont agree with scaling onoki to the meteor but I believe that assuming he flew away requires far more guessing. Also when the second meteor hits he aleready took damage iirc I dont think he was in a situation where he could fly off. I do think he should scale to High 7-A via tanking hits from the susanoo that destroyed the wood style summoned by Madara though.

Err saying needed protection is a bit weird. Its not like he was scared he would die or anything Naruto is a verse were everyone typically tries blocking (with jutsu) or dodging as it is a smart thing to do. Literally only when you are caught off guard do [people tend to tank stuff.

I dont agree with scaling onoki to the meteor but I believe that assuming he flew away requires far more guessing. Also when the second meteor hits he aleready took damage iirc I dont think he was in a situation where he could fly off. I do think he should scale to High 7-A via tanking hits from the susanoo that destroyed the wood style summoned by Madara though.

I'm not saying he definitely flew off. I'm just doubting that he took exactly the same amount of energy as Madara/Muu considering it was off screen.

He hates Minato being under base Naruto but he’s fine with the dude who needed protection from effortless Edo Deidara bombs being relative in durability to Hashirama
Cuz Minato's>Base Naruto and ^Rocker
I'm not saying he definitely flew off. I'm just doubting that he took exactly the same amount of energy as Madara/Muu considering it was off screen.
Madara and Muu were literally as far away from the attack as anyone could've been. They were standing all the way at the edge of the battlefield.

Madara and Muu were literally as far away from the attack as anyone could've been. They were standing all the way at the edge of the battlefield.
Actually the meteor was absolutely massive, I dont think they were as far from its centre as you think. They were maybe a couple hundred metres away.

Actually, now that I look at it, Muu and Madara respawned/regenerated over a very large piece of debris that was surrounded by many other large pieces of rocks. You gotta remember, the second meteor absolutely shattered the first one and sent many massive pieces of rocks flying. So it's not at all unlikely that this is why Madara and Muu were obliterated, but Onoki wasn't. In fact, it wasn't just Onoki who survived, but a lot of random Shinobi did as well, and I'm sure we're not going to argue that random alliance fodder are above or comparable to Madara.

Yes but the difference between the random fodder and Onoki was that they were not directly underneath the first one. Un top of Gaara's sand hands being there to withstand the meteor as well which more than likely protected a large p[art of the forces. In fact I would say that is where most of the shinobi survived as well as those that managed to clear a significant distance from its centre unlike Onoki. Basically surviving randoms have every reason to have not taken significant damage remember that said survivors came back to looks for any others (which is how they found onoki) not that they were underneath it the entire time.

That's not my point. My point is that there may have been another contributing factor to Madara's obliteration, so the comparison between him and Onoki's situation isn't as clear cut, and probably isn't really 1-1.
Oh, yeah I agree then. Definitely dont think madara should be compared to onoki here.

Actually the meteor was absolutely massive, I dont think they were as far from its centre as you think. They were maybe a couple hundred metres away.
A couple hundred meters is quite a bit compared to Ohnoki.
Actually, now that I look at it, Muu and Madara respawned/regenerated over a very large piece of debris that was surrounded by many other large pieces of rocks. You gotta remember, the second meteor absolutely shattered the first one and sent many massive pieces of rocks flying. So it's not at all unlikely that this is why Madara and Muu were obliterated, but Onoki wasn't. In fact, it wasn't just Onoki who survived, but a lot of random Shinobi did as well, and I'm sure we're not going to argue that random alliance fodder are above or comparable to Madara.
Couldn't that just be the damaged rock they were standing on earlier?

Also I'm pretty sure just about everyone died.
That's not my point. My point is that there may have been another contributing factor to Madara's obliteration, so the comparison between him and Onoki's situation isn't as clear cut, and probably isn't really 1-1.
What's better, being hit with a several meters wide rock with a Susanoo up and being obliterated or being underneath the entire thing as it comes crashing down and staying intact?

What's better, being hit with a several meters wide rock with a Susanoo up and being obliterated or being underneath the entire thing as it comes crashing down and staying intact?

If Onoki stayed under the entire thing the whole time, he would have been buried.

There was a thoom to indicate the meteor crashing into the first one while Ohnoki was still under so he was 100% hit with that initial force.

Absolutely not given that the meteor itself would have absorbed a huge quantity of that force, plus the first meteor was still being held up by Gaara's sand as well.

Absolutely not given that the meteor itself would have absorbed a huge quantity of that force, plus the first meteor was still being held up by Gaara's sand as well.
I said the initial force, not the full force. Either way that's more than moderate sized pieces of debris.

How does the sand matter when Ohnoki wasn't under it?

I said the initial force, not the full force. Either way that's more than moderate sized pieces of debris.

How does the sand matter when Ohnoki wasn't under it?
The initial force goes through both gaara's sand and onoki so some of the force would be diverted due to that.
Absolutely not given that the meteor itself would have absorbed a huge quantity of that force, plus the first meteor was still being held up by Gaara's sand as well
The first meteor wouldnt matter since Onoki is still directly underneath it the force would go through the entire of the first meteor and still g et to onoki. Gaara's sand does obviously take a large chunk of the force though since it is attached to the ground.

Ohnoki was on the same level as the sand so he'd get hit at the same time before it absorbed the force.
thats not how physics works. If two things get hit by one object at the same time they share the value of the force not both take the max value of the force. the force gets split inbetween them. This is the same situation with onoki and the sand. Else what you are doing is multiplying the force of the meteor which obviously doesnt make sense.

thats not how physics works. If two things get hit by one object at the same time they share the value of the force not both take the max value of the force. the force gets split inbetween them. This is the same situation with onoki and the sand. Else what you are doing is multiplying the force of the meteor which obviously doesnt make sense.
I know, as I said before, he got hit with the initial force, not the full force, which is still stronger than random pieces of debris flying out or the shockwave resulting from it hitting the ground spreading out hundreds of meters.

I know, as I said before, he got hit with the initial force, not the full force, which is still stronger than random pieces of debris flying out or the shockwave resulting from it hitting the ground spreading out hundreds of meters.
Initial force is not a thing with a single projectile unless it is something like a continuous beam. The initial force is the full force of the meteor. And even so the hands also took said force and it was still split between them. Finally we have no clue how much force people like Madara took compared to Onoki, if Onoki took the meteor alone you could make a argument but Gaara's assistance complicates it.

Initial force is not a thing with a single projectile unless it is something like a continuous beam. The initial force is the full force of the meteor. And even so the hands also took said force and it was still split between them. Finally we have no clue how much force people like Madara took compared to Onoki, if Onoki took the meteor alone you could make a argument but Gaara's assistance complicates it.
Ohnoki was in the middle of the meteor while Gaara's hands were at the side, so Ohnoki would've taken more of the force.

Ohnoki was in the middle of the meteor while Gaara's hands were at the side, so Ohnoki would've taken more of the force.
This doesnt work because the second meteor isnt hitting Onoki it is hitting the first meteor that Onoki is underneath. So the force is equally spread out through the first meteor meaning Onoki and the hands take a split amount of damage.

This doesnt work because the second meteor isnt hitting Onoki it is hitting the first meteor that Onoki is underneath. So the force is equally spread out through the first meteor meaning Onoki and the hands take a split amount of damage.
If I punch someone, the area directly underneath my fist is gonna be more hurt than the area around it.

If I punch someone, the area directly underneath my fist is gonna be more hurt than the area around it.
Onoki isn’t directly under the 2nd meteor, which has all the force. He is under the 1st meteor, which already took most of the force

yeah but the damage would be split inbetween both of you feet using your example. The sections under each foot would not each take the entire force of the fist. They would each take half of the force instead. In Onoki's case it is split inbetween the hands and him.

Onoki isn’t directly under the 2nd meteor, which has all the force. He is under the 1st meteor, which already took most of the force
I have explained why this doesnt matter. What does matter are the stuff connected to the ground or well whatever is pushing against the first meteor. The first meteor is just a casualty transporting the force of the first one.

If the first meteor broke, doesn’t that automatically mean that the force was distributed?

I'm sure we're not going to argue that random alliance fodder are above or comparable to Madara.

747334941481762826.webp

Back