• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oh no...

Now I want to watch Jojo's

Crabwhale said:
@ Dark
No, it's brilliant because it's a legitimately good series, with good characters, writing, voice acting, and animation.

Gaylord Steambath is probably one of the best villains to come out of any YouTube original series.
"Noob Adventures on YouTube" with a guy like "Gaylord Steambath" is a "legitimately good series"? Well, then, I can't imagine how godawful other YouTube original series were to make it "a good series". Johnny Has a Little Smallpox? We'll All Be Dead By 30? Why does Everyone Smell Like Poo?

And "Gaylord Steambath"? Really? That name sucks to beyond high heavens and probably so does the villain, too. At least Dark Goose was a meme.(an awful, garbage excuse for a meme at that, sure, but still a meme.) Did the villains of the shows I described above make him seem "good"?

TheDarkSide857 said:
"Noob Adventures on YouTube" with a guy like "Gaylord Steambath" is a "legitimately good series"? Well, then, I can't imagine how godawful other YouTube original series were to make it "a good series". Johnny Has a Little Smallpox? We'll All Be Dead By 30? Why does Everyone Smell Like Poo?

And "Gaylord Steambath"? Really? That name sucks to beyond high heavens and probably so does the villain, too. At least Dark Goose was a meme.(an awful, garbage excuse for a meme at that, sure, but still a meme.) Did the villains of the shows I described above make him seem "good"?
First of all, ever heard of never judging a book by it's cover?

Second of all, the name is ironic. It's supposed to be commentary on how ridiculously some people name themselves in their game personas. The whole concept of the show is to be commentary on aspects of the playerbase of multiplayer servers.

For example, there's this old man stereotype that "trains" the main characters (since they're noobs, gives them the basis of the game) whos' ******* 6 or something. And his voice shows it. This is purposeful clashing between characteristics, since you don't need to be particularly old or wise to be really good at playing a game.

It's a PARODY (of sorts, kinda). You're supposed to not take it seriously.

Crabwhale said:
TheDarkSide857 said:

First of all, ever heard of never judging a book by it's cover?
Second of all, the name is ironic. It's supposed to be commentary on how ridiculously some people name themselves in their game personas. The whole concept of the show is to be commentary on aspects of the playerbase of multiplayer servers.

For example, there's this old man stereotype that "trains" the main characters (since they're noobs, gives them the basis of the game) whos' ******* 6 or something. And his voice shows it. This is purposeful clashing between characteristics, since you don't need to be particularly old or wise to be really good at playing a game.

It's a PARODY (of sorts, kinda). You're supposed to not take it seriously.
1. That's an expression, and it's practically worthless at this point, since all books say they are good, so the person picks them up and reads them no matter which one.

2. By that logic. the Emoji Movie's good because it's supposed to be commentary on how you need to "believe in yourself". And no, you do, since children brains are too underdeveloped to be really good at a game. Maybe when they're teenagers or adults or have played it a lot. Oh, and their increasing responsibilities, too.

3. Oh, so that means it's not official. So the Minecraft movie's still coming out, and its content is not gonna be blown out of the water.

Whatever, I ain't willing to debate this with somebody who's judging on pure premise (Hell if even that) and nothing else.

Also, it's clogging up the thread.

This is starting to feel like a Paradox thread...

Back