• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I've read Tony's profile, and he's clearly a badass at hand-to-hand combat. But what happens if we...gave the combatants knives and make them stronger than tony?

I have no clue if starting Wayne with his usual tactics or making him go with 3 of his team at once with Tony is a good idea.

Conditions​

But I'll give the team prior knowledge and 2 days worth of preparation. And I'll start them off behind Tony at night, 5 m away from him minimum in an abandoned house, without guns.

Tony is 10-A and knows he's fighting a stealth-based team.

Speed is equal

Votes​

Tony makes some stank out of GHOSTface: 2 (AThe1412, King_Dom470, )

Tony, what's your favorite scary movie?:

Incon:

Last edited:
I've read Tony's profile, and he's clearly a badass at hand-to-hand combat. But what happens if we...gave the combatants knives and make them stronger than tony?

I have no clue if starting Wayne with his usual tactics or making him go with 3 of his team at once with Tony is a good idea.

But I'll give the team prior knowledge and 2 days worth of preparation. And I'll start them off behind Tony at night, 5 m away from him minimum in an abandoned house. Tony is 10-A and knows he's fighting a stealth-based team

Tony makes some stank out of GHOSTface:

Tony, what's your favorite scary movie?:

Incon:
Does Wayne have his gun?

Does Wayne have his gun?
I think I forgot to read Wayne's profile first. I'll make a couple of changes first.

Yes, Wayne with the current conditions does have is Beretta M9 as standard equipment. I'll need to rethink the match a bit as I wasn't expecting this immediate of a response, I'll planning to water the plants, so give me an hr or more.

I'll plan to remove Wayne's prior knowledge if that makes stuff more even.

I think I forgot to read Wayne's profile first. I'll make a couple of changes first.

Yes, Wayne with the current conditions does have is Beretta M9 as standard equipment. I'll need to rethink the match a bit as I wasn't expecting this immediate of a response, I'll planning to water the plants, so give me an hr or more.

I'll plan to remove Wayne's prior knowledge if that makes stuff more even.
The gun grants Wayne a "higher" tier so you can remove it if you want.

Tony can just dodge and run away until one of his many suits summons comes to him at FTL speed.

Conditions​

But I'll give the team prior knowledge and 2 days worth of preparation. And I'll start them off behind Tony at night, 5 m away from him minimum in an abandoned house, without guns.

Tony is 10-A and knows he's fighting a stealth-based team.

Speed is equal
Conditions have been changed. Though I'll skim each of the profiles in-case I missed a factor.

Tony regularly trains with peeps like Steve, Natasha, and T'Challa who can skillstomp and probably solo all of the Ghostfaces at the same time with stats equalized. Tony's enemies are stronger than him here but not by a significant amount and Marvel street tiers frequently match foes that are much stronger than them through sheer combat skill. I'll let the Marvel supporters explain more. For now, I'll vote for the Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist.

Marvel street tiers frequently match foes that are much stronger than them through sheer combat skill.
Skill in Marvel is this wicked indeed; for example is Elektra, who's 9-B and can still stomp 8-C characters like Crossbone. So the tier difference isn't really an advantage.

Tony regularly trains with peeps like Steve, Natasha, and T'Challa who can skillstomp and probably solo all of the Ghostfaces at the same time with stats equalized. Tony's enemies are stronger than him here but not by a significant amount and Marvel street tiers frequently match foes that are much stronger than them through sheer combat skill. I'll let the Marvel supporters explain more. For now, I'll vote for the Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist.
I mean, fighting guys with a knife is different since you're going to be forced to defend against stabs instead of strikes. Most of Tony's feats come from fending off bois and gals with blunt force.

But yea. I agree there's a great skill difference here. Will count your guys' votes in a moment.

Skill in Marvel is this wicked indeed; for example is Elektra, who's 9-B and can still stomp 8-C characters like Crossbone. So the tier difference isn't really an advantage.
Someone should really make a CRT to upgrade all of them to Genius in combat with lengthy explanations and all. The current profiles don't really do them any justice.

I mean, fighting guys with a knife is different since you're going to be forced to defend against stabs instead of strikes. Most of Tony's feats come from fending off bois and gals with blunt force.
This doesn't really matter when you can put up a fight against Captain America, who's top 10 best fighters in the verse. Obviously Tony doesn't come close to the top, but it's enough to show that knifes aren't really a problem, especially when fighting people who are just common assassins in terms of skill.

Tony FRA.

This doesn't really matter when you can put up a fight against Captain America, who's top 10 best fighters in the verse. Obviously Tony doesn't come close to the top, but it's enough to show that knifes aren't really a problem, especially when fighting people who are just common assassins in terms of skill.

Tony FRA.
I've noticed on their marvel comics profiles that they all have far stronger tiers than Tony. I want to continue this match, but it really depends. What feat is better than all of the Ghostfaces? I want to see at least one small wincon before I continue this.

I just have.. internal pain inside knowing that I didn't read the other profiles besides Tony's.

Being able to even touch Captain is good enough since Cap can go against crazy people like Taskmaster who's pratically an EG in combat. And he's no stranger of going against multiple people at once
Hmmm. There's a difference between feat potency and feat relevance.

The former is self explanatory while the latter is more concerned with what you're actually dealing with. OG hand to hand combat won't work against a normal police officer with a gun from a distance for example.
  • Another example is genius Intelligence not always working in a gun or melee fight against a less intelligent opponent, your Intelligence isn't always into combat (Far different than intellectual matches)

That's (the previous 2 paragraphs) the reason why I pulled up the point of how Tony isn't just fighting blunt strikes, but opponents with knives and stealth attacks. Stuff I haven't seen him counter in hand-to-hand combat. He hasn't been seen to take stabs to inhumane levels on his profile.

Back