• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

How would you calculate the KE of someone with large size? I tried using the method in the blog mentioned a couple pages ago ((Height / Average Height) * Average sprinting speed), but it resulted in FTL speeds, which obviously can't be used for finding KE.

What is the deal with balls of electricity? Not balls of lightning, just balls of electricity. Is there a certain non-lightning speed they'd be considered?

Follow up question: How would one calculate a character's speed relative to them? Would it just be similar to the general method of comparing a characters distance to a lasers distance traveled in a given period of time? (The part in calculations section that says "For example, if a character were to move 7m while a light beam moved 10m, his or her speed would be 7/10ths of lightspeed or 2.1 x 10^8 m/s.")

Would it just be similar to the general method of comparing a characters distance to a lasers distance traveled in a given period of time? (The part in calculations section that says "For example, if a character were to move 7m while a light beam moved 10m, his or her speed would be 7/10ths of lightspeed or 2.1 x 10^8 m/s.")
yup
you're effectively finding the character's speed in terms of the known object's speed, you can do the same with bullets or literally anything provided you know how fast its going and can get a good idea of how far both moved in a given timeframe (calc stacking aside)

Is there like... a more reliable way to calculate the distance something is from the screen than angsizing? Like, we can tamper with the formula at all? From what I can gather, it always assumes every shot is from a 70 degree angles when it could very well be another angle.

Is there like... a more reliable way to calculate the distance something is from the screen than angsizing? Like, we can tamper with the formula at all? From what I can gather, it always assumes every shot is from a 70 degree angles when it could very well be another angle.
i think the 70° assumption is because the central part of human FoV has a vertical angle of about 60-70° (wikipedia says vertical central vision is 60°) so it's basically saying "assuming this shot is from a normal human's PoV"

Last edited:
i think the 70° assumption is because the central part of human FoV has a vertical angle of about 60-70° (wikipedia says vertical central vision is 60°) so it's basically saying "assuming this shot is from a normal human's PoV"
That's fair but... not everything is always in that central FoV, right? In cases it's not, you'd think you would adjust the angle or smth.

That's fair but... not everything is always in that central FoV, right? In cases it's not, you'd think you would adjust the angle or smth.
well i mean if it's OUTSIDE of that range you wouldn't be able to focus on it, no? as far as i'm aware the simplest way to describe peripheral vision is "out of the corner of my eye" or things to that effect, meaning you're not fixated on it.

eeUpGxM.png

Hey, hey, fanta here. I am planning to do a re-calc of an old userblog of mine of this feat due to some issues somebody pointed out to me on the wall's thickness mattering to the result and perspective messing up the actual depth.

Basically, a person denting a truck's wall by slamming another person inside of it. I'know that I should use yield strength for this sort of feat and all that jazz, but... anybody else have any pointers or advice on how to calc out this feat? Wanna make sure I got everything I need to know down before I actually start the re-calcing process.

Also, also, uh... I am also utterly confused on how to calc-out this feat.

Essentially, girl wacks down bullets (I counted two bullets on-screen but the sound effects implies three bullets were wacked) with her kusarigama. I'm pretty sure the non-blade portion of her kusarigama was used since it is the only thing (besides the girl's arm) to have motion lines. So... Anbody know how to calc this feat out? The non-blade portion of the kusarigama did an arc movement of some kind and this fanta has no idea how to wrap my mind around that.

The section linked seems to only get (Dr. Slump's) earth's mass, and a 4-B result. Unless I'm missing something, there is no mention of speed or MFTL. Are you asking maybe about the gravitational acceleration segment?
The circumfrence of Dr. Slump's Earth is 4E12 m, getting the diameter and applying it to the pixel scaling of the calc gets you:

5.10496987275891E+10 m/s i.e. 1.70283465662065E+02c to 4.66740102652243E+11 m/s i.e. 1.55687740033888E+03c

The circumfrence of Dr. Slump's Earth is 4E12 m, getting the diameter and applying it to the pixel scaling of the calc gets you:

5.10496987275891E+10 m/s i.e. 1.70283465662065E+02c to 4.66740102652243E+11 m/s i.e. 1.55687740033888E+03c
Oh, ok. The math wasn't there which is why I was confused.

As a gag manga, there are going to be a lot of insane feats this wiki isn't ready for that usually would be over FTL in speed, making it unusable for KE calculations.

Now, I don't know if this is accepted/allowed, so take this with a grain of salt, but there is nothing on the wiki (that I can find) saying it isn't. It's a good question if it's allowed, but I digress:

You could try using special relativity. The famous e=mc^2 (Energy in Joules = Mass (kg) * (SoL (299,792,458 m/s)^2)).

Given the mass is already way more than the normal earth. From trying it myself with the mass provided in that section, it seems to still return a 4-B result (5.3538379e+51 Joules).

Also, also, uh... I am also utterly confused on how to calc-out this feat.

Essentially, girl wacks down bullets (I counted two bullets on-screen but the sound effects implies three bullets were wacked) with her kusarigama. I'm pretty sure the non-blade portion of her kusarigama was used since it is the only thing (besides the girl's arm) to have motion lines. So... Anbody know how to calc this feat out? The non-blade portion of the kusarigama did an arc movement of some kind and this fanta has no idea how to wrap my mind around that.

The panel seems to imply that she used three quick strikes (Going by the hand afterimages) with her whip thing in order to knock the bullets out of the air.

In this case you would just find the length of her whip along with the length of her arm to find the arc length.

Arc length would be pretty easy to find by using this formula 2 π r (θ/360°) (R being the radius of the arc (The length of the base of her arm to the end of the whip), 0 being the degrees her arm traveled which we can estimate to 180 degrees (Swinging from one side of her body to the other))

Multiply that by three since she moved her whip and estimated three times to find the total distance she traveled in the time it took the bullets to reach her

Now in order to find the distance and timeframe you would use the full length of her whip since she could only start hitting the bullets once they were in range of the thing and it does seem they went past it

Use that distance divided by the muzzle velocity of whatever gun their using to find the timeframe

Remember the total distance traveled you calculated before? Well divide that by the timeframe you just found to find her speed in m/s

For a lowball you could use the distance she traveled in a single arc length instead of three since there's no direct proof that they all fired their guns at the exact same time; Use the timeframe you found to find that speed as well

I made a thread about this question already, but if a character/object is said to vaguely be coming from, or to have suddenly appeared from outer space (beyond the Kármán line of 100m), is there an average distance the wiki accepts for such? Like the distance to the edge of the solar system?
Is there no average distance determined or acceptable for vague statements of things coming from 'outer space,' or appearing suddenly from it?

Do any of you actually know how to... find the values related to the energy part of lightning calcs? Does it HAVE to be stated? The amperers and volts n' stuff.

Can this be used for LS?
Zarbon flies while holding Vegeta, and then lets him go and he crashes through the ground causing a crater

Can this be used for LS?
Zarbon flies while holding Vegeta, and then lets him go and he crashes through the ground causing a crater

Personally, I'd just calc it, then ask CGM to evaluate if it's useable or not. Hard to say if LS is applicable here since it's kind of an attack but also kinda of a LS based attack since it involves Zarbon flying then throwing Vegeta into the ground.

you can just put it at subsonic or use a perception timeframe but you have to find the distance he moved and considering he doesn't move much before reappearing I would put him subsonic and that's it.
While he does run all the way down a hall and to an open area after this, it's all off screen, so I agree that I don't think finding a real 'distance' would be feasible.

Still, ty for the answers!

While he does run all the way down a hall and to an open area after this, it's all off screen, so I agree that I don't think finding a real 'distance' would be feasible.

Still, ty for the answers!
Well actually I noticed he is nowhere in the corridor so you might as well find the distance between the door and this, if there is another instance where we can clearly see how far it is it can be calced, otherwise you can simply angsize one of the object near the arrow I put and just find the rest of the distance to go behind the wall, at a first look it's something like 5 m probably and a subsonic timeframe should work as he literally left and afterimage so it should be 5/0,029 = 172 m/s (Subsonic+), or you might use a lower timeframe if you prefer but since he made this afterimage there shouldn't be problems as he was FTE.

Well actually I noticed he is nowhere in the corridor so you might as well find the distance between the door and this, if there is another instance where we can clearly see how far it is it can be calced, otherwise you can simply angsize one of the object near the arrow I put and just find the rest of the distance to go behind the wall, at a first look it's something like 5 m probably and a subsonic timeframe should work as he literally left and afterimage so it should be 5/0,029 = 172 m/s (Subsonic+), or you might use a lower timeframe if you prefer but since he made this afterimage there shouldn't be problems as he was FTE.
I think the main issue is that (at least as far as I am aware) there is no good scene/frame of reference for the open area in the middle of the tent, and especially not a reference for the specific spot in the open area he, Kinger, and Gangle were at after he escaped either.

It's probably possible to get the pixel scaling of the first hall him and Pomni runs down, and away from the abstracted Kaufmo, but the layout of the tent (again as far as I'm aware) not having a layout yet, and us not being able to see much else of it atm really muddies things.

Back