• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Odor Manipulation?

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hey there. So... Since odor manipulation is actually a thing apparently, I figured I'd bring this topic up as an ability. Yep. Odor Manipulation. See, there are actually several characters who can do that. The examples of users of this ability I can think of that have VBW profiles are...

Owen (Total Drama)

Aphrodite (Mythology)

Other examples of this are the defining examples of usage of odors in combat: Skunks (Real World) and Filthy Phil (Spongebob Squarepants). Both of these items don't have VBW profiles, although in Filthy Phil's case is completely unnecessary since he only appeared very briefly in the Spongebob episode "Karate Island." Now the main thing I'm unsure about is how it would work? I mean technically, it's what you get when you mix Air Manipulation (since scent is detected through the airwaves) and Poison Manipulation (given noxious fumes like a skunk's musk and tear gas among other chemicals), though I can't say for sure. I dunno, lest there be a way to handle this better, I can't say for sure. Granted it is rather useless in combat if it doesn't instantly KO someone or sleep-gas 'em, but still I figured I'd get this out there.

But that aside, would it be viable for an ability page, or would it just be too nonsensical/confusing to be viable?

Flashlight237 said:
Hey there. So... Since odor manipulation is actually a thing apparently, I figured I'd bring this topic up as an ability. Yep. Odor Manipulation. See, there are actually several characters who can do that. The examples of users of this ability I can think of that have VBW profiles are...
Owen (Total Drama)

Aphrodite (Mythology)

Other examples of this are the defining examples of usage of odors in combat: Skunks (Real World) and Filthy Phil (Spongebob Squarepants). Both of these items don't have VBW profiles, although in Filthy Phil's case is completely unnecessary since he only appeared very briefly in the Spongebob episode "Karate Island." Now the main thing I'm unsure about is how it would work? I mean technically, it's what you get when you mix Air Manipulation (since scent is detected through the airwaves) and Poison Manipulation (given noxious fumes like a skunk's musk and tear gas among other chemicals), though I can't say for sure. I dunno, lest there be a way to handle this better, I can't say for sure. Granted it is rather useless in combat if it doesn't instantly KO someone or sleep-gas 'em, but still I figured I'd get this out there.

But that aside, would it be viable for an ability page, or would it just be too nonsensical/confusing to be viable?
There was that one episode of Dragon Ball where Krillin was fighting that big guy in the tournament and the guy made it to the tournament because of odor manip so I guess it's viable.

Modernmyrmidon said:
There was that one episode of Dragon Ball where Krillin was fighting that big guy in the tournament and the guy made it to the tournament because of odor manip so I guess it's viable.
Would that be Bacteria by any chance?

Modernmyrmidon said:
Also why is Bacterian completely unknown? Shouldn't he at least scale to Krillin?
That's what I don't get, especially since a pamphlet for the 6th movie put Bacterian on a similar bar to Nam and Gira. If the pamphlet is correct, he should at the very least be 9-B scaling off Giran.

Back