• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oblivion (Marvel) - Transduality? Type?

Probably, yes. He transcends time.

Antvasima said:
Probably, yes. He transcends time.
I see, thank you for your reply Antsvasima.

So what would be your guess as to the type of Transduality?

Also I noticed that some characters despite being qualified for Transduality don't have it listed in their pages.

Is there a particular reason why this is done?

Antvasima said:
Yes, but I do not think that it has ever been mentioned.
So does it quote on quote "Need to be mentioned" for it to be added to their vs wiki profile pages?

Even if that were the case, I've seen some Masadaverse profiles in which if you go to the Transduality ability page it states "Masadaverse characters such as Hadou and Gudou Gods" but then doesn't actually have the ability Transduality with it's type written in these characters' profiles.

So why's this the case out of curiousity?

Antvasima said:
Well, I just mean that I prefer to not go by pure speculation.
Fair enough. Makes sense.

Are there any Marvel Knowledgable members I can bring this question up to?

Because if there is a chance Oblivion has Transduality, I'd really like to know which Type exactly.

My apologies. Head glitch due to overwork. I somehow mixed up Transduality with Acausality.

The latter seems warranted, but the former would imply that he transcends both existence and nonexistence, whereas he is "merely" one half of it, so I do not think so.

Antvasima said:
My apologies. Head glitch due to overwork. I somehow mixed up Transduality with Acausality.
The latter seems warranted, but the former would imply that he transcends both existence and nonexistence, whereas he is "merely" one half of it, so I do not think so.
Understandable. Wish there was some more ways for me to help out within the community honestly.

So you believe he would have Acasuality (Type 5) perhaps?

As for Transduality, I can agree with you there. Whilst Eternity; Infinity and the Living Tribunal governs the Laws of the Multiverses and Reality. Oblivion resides in Non-Existence. Thus, he only embodies half of what could be regarded as a dual system between Existence and Non-Existence.

However, there are just some points I'd like to verify:

So from the Transduality Page itself it quotes:

As it stands, Type 1 corresponds to being beyond certain kinds of dual systems (Light and Dark, in and out, Fire and Ice, Sound and Silence, etc), but not all duality,

The actual definition of Type 1 also states this:

Type 1 (Specific Transduality): Being qualitatively beyond and superior to the nature of one or several specific dual systems.

Now Oblivion is stated to be above Dimensionality (Hence the Outerversal potency I'd assume)

So wouldn't that include phenonemon such as Light and Dark; Fire and Ice; Sound and Silence etc.?

Type 2 (False General Transduality): Being qualitatively beyond and superior to the nature of all dual systems and concepts within the scope of an entire level of reality. Any non 1-A (Outerverse level) characters who transcend duality at a basic level would also qualify for this level, as space and time can be thought of as dual concepts, as well as existing within/outside spatio-temporal dimensionality.

Now not only do I feel he qualifies for the basic Type 1, but given his Outerversal potency and on top of his Tier being 1A, would it not be reasonable to assume Type 2 as well?

"The Chaos King is only an infinitesimally small aspect of his self. Described as being a void of pure nothingness that exists outside and beyond the multiverse, devoid of form, shape, space and time."

Chaos King of course is a slightly powered down Tier 1B avatar of the Oblivion but same applies.

Type 3 I just assume would be a big stretch but if anyone's willing to explain how, I'd like to hear.

Finally my question regarding why some Transduality wielders don't have it listed on their profiles wasn't answered I feel.

The problem is that I am the wrong person to ask about this, and the other staff members are largely too busy IRL to have the time for these types of questions.

Antvasima said:
The problem is that I am the wrong person to ask about this, and the other staff members are largely too busy IRL to have the time for these types of questions.
I see. I'll be patient in that case and hope someone's able to answer.

I still thank you for your time taken to respond to this. Given how busy and overworked you normally are, it's quite admirable.

Lastly, slightly out of topic but I wanted to know if there was a way to privately communicate with members? I am still finding my feet with using this site so figured why not ask an experienced member such as yourself.

No problem.

Only via the private wiki chat that I know of as a direct method.

LordRhys365 said:
Perfect. Seems my guess wasn't far off at all.

Could you back this up with some reasoning as to why you think this?

Many thanks.
He's the conceptual embodiment of non-existence beyond the influence of all multiversal abstracts who embody the concepts such as space, time, order, chaos, death, life etc. So Type 3 seems appropriate to me.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. My apologies.

JackJoyce said:
LordRhys365 said:
Perfect. Seems my guess wasn't far off at all.

Could you back this up with some reasoning as to why you think this?

Many thanks.
He's the conceptual embodiment of non-existence beyond the influence of all multiversal abstracts who embody the concepts such as space, time, order, chaos, death, life etc. So Type 3 seems appropriate to me.
That sounds logical.

So would being the Conceptual embodiment of Non-Existence (beyond the influence of multiversal abstracts) be enough to qualify anyone for Type 3?

I.e. What if one were to have Non-Existence Phisiology and thus were beyond all multiversal abstracts?

Back