• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transduality Should be Nonduality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will remind DontTalk again. 🙏

If he doesn't show up, we can probably proceed with the following change.

What is a reasonable time-limit to give him?

Well, personally I do not mind this change.
Well, it seems that Ant agrees that the changes should be applied if DT did not appear in the weeks or months that this topic was stonewalled.
I do not know, but we can probably wait for around a week or so.
And more than a week has passed since his final verdict/time limit.

Looks like Ant is fine with the revision going through.

I do not know, but we can probably wait for around a week or so.

This just seems like unnecessary stonewalling.
He disagreed, you need to convince him otherwise.
Also he is busy both IRL and here, so you'd still need to wait for him.

It seems he's not interested tho. If you want him to come here for you, then you should try to contact him or tell him to come. If he's not interested, then there is nothing to wait.
You should wait for him because he is a bureaucrat and he was the one who made the latest Transduality standards. So yeah, worst case scenario you should wait. At least even if he doesn't agreed...

I would prefer it if we formatted the page more like NEP with a "Nature" section for the distinction between nonduality and transduality, so I wrote a revised version of your draft:
I have a question. Would it be good to add to the page that non-duality would be affected by things like concept transfer and concept creation and etc?

Last edited:
I have a question. Would it be good to add to the page that non-duality would be affected by things like concept transfer and concept creation?
I already did that.
  1. Nonduality: Characters with this type of nonduality exist outside and independently of the logical systems they're nondual regarding without transcending them on any level. Though this power renders them immune to effects intermediated through the dualities in question, characters with certain forms of Causality Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation, Information Manipulation, Law Manipulation, or Mathematics Manipulation could potentially bestow these dualities on them, which would remove their nondual nature and render them vulnerable to attacks governed by the dualities.

no. Transduality transcends the system while nonduality is outside the system, if that makes sense
The two word is just same meaning, what i see even if you use word like transcendence it still not TD. And even if you use the word outside, but it show the proof of what the standard called it TD then it is TD

So the different is just the one is still can be bound by properties of duality and the other is cannot be bound

The two word is just same meaning, what i see even if you use word like transcendence it still not TD. And even if you use the word outside, but it show the proof of what the standard called it TD then it is TD

So the different is just the one is still can be bound by properties of duality and the other is cannot be bound
Isn't that the case anyway? So even though you are a non-dual being, you can still be influenced and this is basically an easy thing to do. That's why I disagreed with "non-duality" and argued that "transcendence" must still exist.

Isn't that the case anyway? So even though you are a non-dual being, you can still be influenced and this is basically an easy thing to do. That's why I disagreed with "non-duality" and argued that "transcendence" must still exist.
Yes, thats why i say the different between ND and TD is, ND still can be bound and TD not or completely unbound

And i just have problem with a word like transcendence that being glorified, even by default it just mean resistence, and have same meaning as word outside. I mean for have TD you must use that world, if not then no

I can swap my draft into the page at a moment's notice and am just waiting for Ant's go-ahead.

I would prefer it if we formatted the page more like NEP with a "Nature" section for the distinction between nonduality and transduality, so I wrote a revised version of your draft:
Example should be put as separate Section rather than under each aspect like NEP page, no one will know those example belong to nondual and transdual

Now that talking about examples, need to find example for both nondual and transdual

Example should be put as separate Section rather than under each aspect like NEP page, no one will know those example belong to nondual and transdual

Now that talking about examples, need to find example for both nondual and transdual
There aren't many examples of non-dual characters, because they are fully "transdual" beings that transcend duality systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back