• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Obi wan Kenobi vs Anakin Skywalker

Shadowbokunohero

VS Battles
Content Moderator
  • Both are their Clone Wars selves
  • Both are Bloodlusted
  • Legends
  • Battle takes place on Kamino
OvO

• High ground restricted for Obvious reason

Hello There:

I Hate Sand: 1 (Mememan40)

This is a hard one! Since there's no high ground, I think Anakin has a slightly better chance of winning. Both are masters of their respective lightsaber forms and they know each other's styles very deeply, but I think Anakin's younger age and more physically fit body will make the difference. Anakin also has a lot more Force reserves and potential to call upon (although he sucks at calling upon it in the first place), but such a tough matchup might force him to use Force reserves he never knew he had.

IMO, this will be a battle of attrition, and I think Anakin will last the longest to secure the win.

Gargoyle One said:
Anakin>Anakin when clouded by emotions>=Obi-Wa
Anakin was taking a slight edge over Kenobi in that fight before Anakin got shortsighted.

I think a better fight would be Kyle Katarn vs Obi-Wan

Anakin was taking a slight edge over Kenobi in that fight before Anakin got shortsighted.

I think a better fight would be Kyle Katarn vs Obi-Wan

I don't disagree, it's just without that short site he's truely superior to Obi Wan

If Kenobi is blinded by rage to the point he wont counter a reckless move from Anakin, there is nothing stopping the chosen one from killing Kenobi.

Thats the thing.

Obi wan in his fight with anakin was mostly trying to reason with him and defending himself, not attacking Anakin with the intention of killing him. Even when he chopped his legs off, he just left him there burning.

And i dont know if we could rule out that "going for the kill" is not a very light side thing to do.

BruceTheBatman said:
When has Kenobi EVER been blinded by rage? He's probably the most mentally unbreakable character in all of star wars.
I'd say Clone Wars Obi-Wan has been blinded by rage before, especially when facing Maul. It was only during the Rebels encounter that Obi-Wan was calm when facing Maul.

No. Kenobi lost his temper for like 2 seconds, and mostly was taunted by Maul. That doesn't count.

Being strained (which he was many times) is not the same.

Being Bloodlusted will probably will just make him lose because one, not the jedi way, and two, the sole reason he won against anakin is because he punished a reckless attack from him.

Anakin is stronger, and if Obi wants to fight fire with fire, he will lose.

And also, there is some simplifications and nuance that is forgotten here.

First off, I want to go over Obi-Wan's advantages.

He is a master of Soresu and Ataru, which allows him far more versatility then Anakin's Djem So.

Anakin also dropped Juyo after his first fight with Dooku and probably didn't even master if with one blade. I would argue that Obi Wan's mastery is just arguably better.

Yes, Anakin did beat Dooku, which Obi-Wan did not, but this is also likely the difference in style. Anakin Djem So hard counters the slow, careful Makashi. (I get I am pulling from the future here, but this is really the only conclusive fight Anakin has under his belt.) I am also not including his multiple duels with Asaji Ventress, who's power is difficult to gauge due to PIS and Savage Opress (Albeit this is a good feat, his power is similarly difficult to gauge, other then it is likely he is close to, but under Maul)

The more defensive Soresu and the occassional force jumps of Ataru does give Obi Wan far better defensive options.

I will say Obi-Wan via versaility, better mobility and better defense with high diff.

Anakin does have the strength, the better connection with the force and maybe has the

But the two light saber forms mastered (Ataru and Soresu) vs One mastered (Djem So), and one that is questionably dropped/only been shown when he uses two lights sabers (Juyo)

Back